• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward - June 12th 10 AM PST - New Reveals and Updates (Their E3 Adjacent Stream)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

2023_UBISOFT_FWD_STD_16-9_960x540.jpg

Last edited:

Alpha Male

I'm just eager to hopefully get release dates for Avatar, Assassin's Creed Mirage and The Crew. I saw where Assassin's Creed and The Crew are rumored to be delayed to next year.

can't believe Ubisoft became this bad. their conference used to be next one after Sony and MS that I was excited to see.
moments like Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six and Division reveal.
I watched that Divison gameplay every day on my ps3 and I couldn't wait to play that game. then downgrade happened

Kurotri

More AC Mirage, finally a proper look at Avatar and probably the announcement of their new Star Wars game. I think it's pretty solid for Ubi overall.

Say what you want about Ubisoft, but it was surprising that they, of all companies, had one of the only trailers in the Playstation Showcase that had both A) entirely gameplay or in-game cinematics and B) a release date (AC: Mirage).

Nico_D

The only thing that could possibly interest me is a new Anno game. It'd be about time too, it's been four years since 1800 was released and that's about the usual time between the games.

One can wish.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I think I've seen anought of Mirage to make me want to play another AC game after Origins. Don't expect anything mind-blowing or interesting from them during their Forward event. Splinter Cell is for sure years away (if it'll ever be released) and I don't care about the rest of their IPs and their new IPs suck 99% of time and mostly just GaaS or MP BS.

Last edited:
Microsoft's Showcase and Starfield Direct: June 11th
Ubisoft Forward: June 12th
The corpse of E3: June 13th - June 16th

Let's see which other big publisher announces a stream for the same window next.
I took that week off thankfully
If anyone's curious, what we fully have so far:

Summer Games Fest: June 8th
Day of the Devs: June 8th
Devolver Direct: June 8th
Wholesome Direct: June 10th
Future Games Show: June 10th
PC Gaming Show: June 11th
Xbox Showcase Extended(Xbox's treehouse): June 13th

To be announced:

IGN Expo
EA Play
Guerilla Collective

Not sure yet, but likely:
Capcom Showcase(They have to show Exoprimal one last time, and also they need to reveal Pragmata again, maybe also Dragon's Dogma dev interview)
Square Enix Showcase(I don't know if it's a good idea or a bad idea to show Final Fantasy 16 one more time, but the game comes out late June)

If Nintendo shows up, they will be either at the end of the month or far away in August.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Something, something, Ubisoft is trash.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing more about that Star Wars game.
Star Wars and Avatar 2. I'm actually excited about seeing both of those games.

I really liked The Division 2. And Massive has become one of the better Ubisoft studios in recent times.

supernova8

Banned
can't believe Ubisoft became this bad. their conference used to be next one after Sony and MS that I was excited to see.
moments like Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six and Division reveal.
I watched that Divison gameplay every day on my ps3 and I couldn't wait to play that game. then downgrade happened

Pretty damning that it was announced back in late March and this thread isn't even close to breaking out of the first page.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Star Wars and Avatar 2. I'm actually excited about seeing both of those games.

I really liked The Division 2. And Massive has become one of the better Ubisoft studios in recent times.
Absolutely. I've clocked in many hours playing both Division games, I think they're super fun and they look and sound amazing. If that's the kind of technical marvel and fun gameplay that they're gonna bring to Star Wars universe then I'm all in for that.

winjer

Gold Member
I don't have positive expectations for this presentation.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty of micro-transactions and NFTs.

SJRB

Gold Member
Pretty damning that it was announced back in late March and this thread isn't even close to breaking out of the first page.

Ubi's output has been absolutely dire for quite some time now and aside from AC Mirage they have literally nothing interesting on the horizon. Plus all the news coming out of Ubi is bad: staff issues, studio issues, games in development hell, their dumb as fuck NFT stuff, their soulless pursuit for a GaaS cash grab, the bizarro push for mobile versions of their hallmark franchises.

Ubisoft used to be an S-tier developer, but now they fading more and more into irrelevance with every month that passes.

Woopah

I thought Skull & Bones had so much potential coming off Black Flag, wonder if they'll actually show it again here.

If anyone's curious, what we fully have so far:

Summer Games Fest: June 8th
Day of the Devs: June 8th
Devolver Direct: June 8th
Wholesome Direct: June 10th
Future Games Show: June 10th
PC Gaming Show: June 11th
Xbox Showcase Extended(Xbox's treehouse): June 13th

To be announced:

IGN Expo
EA Play
Guerilla Collective

Not sure yet, but likely:
Capcom Showcase(They have to show Exoprimal one last time, and also they need to reveal Pragmata again, maybe also Dragon's Dogma dev interview)
Square Enix Showcase(I don't know if it's a good idea or a bad idea to show Final Fantasy 16 one more time, but the game comes out late June)

If Nintendo shows up, they will be either at the end of the month or far away in August.
Thanks for this, it would be much better if they were all in one week!

I'm not sure we'll see a Capcom or SE Showcase, but I do reckon Nintendo will have something early August.

Sounfs Cool! I can't wait to see more of

Cookie cutter copy and paste open world games

Excessive monetization in fully priced games

Unnecessary Trend chasing instead of making good games with good ideas and good design

Insanely Good Looking Gameplay Trailers with graphics that'll get downgraded closer to release.

StueyDuck

~5.5 hours to go. I have a feeling that Ubisoft will surprise everyone this year and will actually have a good show. Fingers crossed! 🤞

I'm expecting a moment like this:

OPham1T.jpg
well we know for sure they have a star wars game and we really should be seeing that avatar game too. that's just casually 2 of the biggest IP there is.

however...

there is plenty of Skull and bones to sell still hahaha

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm not watching it. I know if I do it will be an hour of Let's Dance cringe with no BG&E2, Ass Cream, and 30 seconds of the Star Wars game. Ignoring it will mean something or somethings will happen that I'll curse myself for not watching.

You are all welcome.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
well we know for sure they have a star wars game and we really should be seeing that avatar game too. that's just casually 2 of the biggest IP there is.

however...

there is plenty of Skull and bones to sell still hahaha
I am VERY excited about the Avatar game. My only hope is that it's not just Far Cry in Pandora. 1st person has dampened my hype quite a bit, but I just love this IP so much.

Star Wars too. An open-world Star Wars game?! Come on! It sounds so cool.

Now I just hope what they show isn't shit. If those 2 current-gen only games look cool and play well, and AC Mirage already has very positive vibes, this can be an excellent show.

StueyDuck

I am VERY excited about the Avatar game. My only hope is that it's not just Far Cry in Pandora. 1st person has dampened my hype quite a bit, but I just love this IP so much.

Star Wars too. An open-world Star Wars game?! Come on! It sounds so cool.

Now I just hope what they show isn't shit. If those 2 current-gen only games look cool and play well, and AC Mirage already has very positive vibes, this can be an excellent show.
ah yeah I forgot about AC already haha, Yeah they definitely have the opportunity to show actual games instead of padded updates like their last couple of shows have been. also *cough a friend *cough has been playing many Ubi VR Closed Beta tests so i fully expect that to be here in some shape or another. That same *cough friend, has played The Crew Motorfest and it's actually quite great, better than the prior 2. but that *cough friend has played like 100 Skull n bones betas now, that game needs to either come out or disappear now.

I would be very curious if we see another fully fledge Ghost Recon more in the vein of Wildlands rather than that awful PvP thing they tried. I also hope we don't see much XDefiant, they must put all that in preshow or as a quick 5 minute brief with all their other GaaS updates.

With Avatar also being Massive I am curious to see how they handle vehicles and world traversal in the Snowdrop Engine (same with Star Wars) since the division didn't really have any of that going on. We did however have that starlink space game or whatever it was called. So the tech for planetary travel and flight is all available to them.

Last edited:

Thabass

Ah yes, they event where the copium of many Beyond Good and Evil 2 fans will be huffed.

In all seriousness, if we don't see any news on Beyond Good & Evil 2 this year, I'm considering it vaporware and never coming out.

Mr Hyde

Excited to see more of Star Wars Outlaws. The trailer looked good so I want to see some solid gameplay now. The rest Ubi has cooking is nothing for me.

acm2000

its near impossible to get excited for any ubisoft games even IPs i once loved, because i know current ubisoft will fucking smash its dead corpse into the ground and use it as a skateboard

Top Bottom