• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you rate The Capcom and the Ubisoft Showcases?

How would you rate These Showcases?

• Ubisoft Showcase was very good

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Ubisoft Showcase was good

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Ubisoft Showcase was ok

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ubisoft Showcase was bad

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Ubisoft Showcase was very bad

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Capcom Showcase was very good

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Capcom Showcase was good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Showcase was ok

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Capcom Showcase was bad

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Capcom Showcase was very bad

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
Which one was better?

• Notice: Two Votes allowed in the poll

Here are the OTs:

Capcom: https://www.neogaf.com/posts/268061208/

Ubisoft: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ubis...dates-their-e3-adjacent-stream.1654705/unread

ubisoft-forward-1-900x503.jpg
versus-logo-vs-letras-para-esportes-e-competicao-de-luta_29865-1568.jpg
image_2023-06-08_140434277.png

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Ubisoft was a strong 8/9 for me, I'm biased as am a huge Avatar fan and have always wanted this kinda game like FoP but I thought overall it was a great showing.

Capcom was a 1 at best, an awful showcase that could've just been an email newsletter

DonJorginho

Banned
Apollo Justice, Ghost Trick, and Dragon's Dogma 2 is unbeatable.
In terms of the games themselves? yeah they're all bangers, but in terms of what was shown? not in the slightest lmaooo

showing two of the same exact trailers we had seen within the week or so prior was already strange but to spend so much time on weird things like the Mega Man mobile game, Ecoprimal, the store sales and CAPCOM ID??? It was a joke.

DD2 & Pragmata were nice to see but we barely got a crumb for either title

Mr Hyde

Aside from Dragons Dogma 2, which looks absolutely fucking incredible, Capcoms showcase was terrible. I just flash forward that shit, what a humongous waste of time. Seeing Itsuno though talk about DD2 was great. What an absolute legend.

Ubi had a pretty decent showing. Star Wars Outlaws was jaw dropping and the highlight of the show, maybe even of this entire "summer showcase mini E3" that we got (alongside Starfield, which also was mind-blowing). Avatar looks nice but I'm not really a fan of the IP. First person is not my jam and while it looked breathtaking at times, I just didn't feel it. Maybe when it gets closer to reveal. Assassin's Creed Mirage did nothing for me. Lame and uninteresting.

I gave them both a C- each, for different reasons.

IIRC these are my ratings so far:

PC gaming Show: A
Xbox show: A-
Guerilla Collective: B+
Future Games Show: B+
Sony show: B
Future of Play: B
OTK Expo: B
SGF: C
Ubisoft: C-
Capcom: C-
Devolver Digital: D+

Aion002

I like Capcom so...

I enjoyed Exo Primal first beta, I will play the second beta and I will definitely play at launch on game pass.

Pragmata still being in development is cool.

Dragons Dogma 2 exist, so that's awesome.

The other small things are also cool.

Overall, Capcom was ok for me.

Ubi on the other hand...

Star Wars might be cool.

Everything else was uninteresting for me, so it was kinda bad.

Last edited:

jcorb

It's still shocking Mega Man hasn't gotten a real, new game, but I think creating an "Offline" version of the Dive is actually pretty great. The game is actually a solid, dumb but fun little game, and being able to play it offline solves my biggest hesitation, which was always "what if the servers are taken offline?".

I DO wonder what the thinking is behind the data of the existing version not transferring, though.

Top Bottom