• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward live on Saturday June 12 at 12pm PT as part of E3 2021

Maximusz

Another e3 with no news of Rayman
angry season 2 GIF by Outlander

junguler

Banned
that watch dogs dlc looked interesting, it's already better than the whole game since you have pre defined characters to work with and their personalities are established in the previous games, still kinda of weird how those two will come to contact with each other, in london no less.
haven't played the base game yet as it's not by the original developers and it seems to not know what it wants to be, the tech might be interesting but it shouldn't have been the selling point.

MiguelItUp

That was incredibly weak. I mean, I've never been the biggest Ubisoft fan, but none of that was really... exciting to me. I was honestly pretty shocked at the visual quality of Rainbow Six: Extraction, it some how looks worse to me than Siege. It's still such a weird concept too. I mean, did Rainbow Six/Siege players REALLY want such a thing? It's so bizarre to me. It's funny that after years of fans asking for a new Splinter Cell, it's constantly dodged, but they'll make something like that. Then Watch Dogs has that weird zombie mode thing too.

Did I miss a memo? Was there another zombie trend kick off?

CitizenZ

Banned
I now have zero interest in buying a Ubisoft game now.

10 years ago it was so thrilling to hear of a new Ubisoft game… Rainbow Six Vegas, Splinter Cell, Assassins Creed, Far Cry…. And now these games are so bland and lifeless

I turned it off as soon as the intro for Extinction started and i could not agree more on your assessment.

I guessing from all the complaining about R6 E, a lot of you guys never played the special Siege event it’s was inspired by. It was a huge hit in the community and personally I found it enjoyable.

Fbh

I'm glad I didn't watch this live.

Only interesting thing was Mario Rabbids. First was great, if this is more of the same with some new characters, skills and mechanics I'm in.

Avatar could have been slightly interesting if they showed gameplay. As it is I can only assume it will be another boring open world ubisoft game with an avatar skin.

I'm guessing BG&E is either dead or got rebooted.

ZehDon

Microsoft has nothing but dissapointment in the last 5 years but I think this garbage can be easily won over by showing a Forza and halo releasing this year everything else is cherry on the top
I'll never underestimate Xbox's ability to sabotage itself after the Xbone.

Kagey K

Banned
My biggest takeaway from this year is that we won't see any of these games at next year's show except Avatar.

They played it super safe and that means they will have some surprises for the next one.

Microsoft has nothing but dissapointment in the last 5 years but I think this garbage can be easily won over by showing a Forza and halo releasing this year
I'll never underestimate Xbox's ability to sabotage itself after the Xbone.
Hahahah exactly, my expectations are so low that even if they release a tv app on Xbox and talk about tv for 2 hours I wouldn't be surprised

Ubisoft games gain reputation as being formulaic and unoriginal amongst the gaming community.

Ubisoft smacks "a Ubisoft original" tagline besides the main title. Problem solved.

Well played, Ubisoft. Well played.

Episode 1 Slow Clap GIF by One Chicago

Kagey K

Banned
Ubisoft games gain reputation as being formulaic and unoriginal amongst the gaming community.

Ubisoft smacks "a Ubisoft original" tagline besides the main title. Problem solved.

To give them credit Rainbow Six seems unformulaic compared to thier past titles.

Whether that is good or bad remains to be seen.

sol_bad

What the hell was that? I skipped through 80% of this shit. Their next year is just riding on games release 1 or 2 years ago? No new ideas except for the mountain biking/snowboarding game?

LastBattle

Microsoft has nothing but dissapointment in the last 5 years but I think this garbage can be easily won over by showing a Forza and halo releasing this year

Hahahah exactly, my expectations are so low that even if they release a tv app on Xbox and talk about tv for 2 hours I wouldn't be surprised
What are you talking about? I thought this thread was about Ubisoft’s conference?

Most western publishers have become terrible now. Especially when it comes to quality single player content. The good shit is coming from Japan. Sony, capcom, square enix etc..

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It's ubisoft lads, pretty much the McDonalds of gaming, everything tastes the fucking same and nothing ever changes, food for the masses, what exactly where you expecting?

Last edited:

Woopah

They had new IP and a variety of different games, but there was a lack of new announcements and the pacing was awful.

NahaNago

Avatar and mario rabbids was the most interesting portion of the show. Everything else was just plain boring and they really went out of their way to show women in games and in development. I really would like to know what the ratio of men and women developers are at Ubisoft.

SCB3

Why is everyone so negative? I liked the look of a few of these

• Mario + Rabbids was the star of the show, the first is fantastic and can't wait to play more, not touched the DLC for the first game either
  • Rider's Revolution seemed like just pure fun, Steep is also like that, fun to just play around in every so often
  • R6: Parasite seemed interesting, I didn't realise it was gonna be a fun game tbh, but still limitiing to 3 people per team sucks, 4/5 is the sweet spot for team games
  • Far Cry 6, I like FC a lot, never buy the Season Pass but the main game is often enough for me
  • Avatar was the weakest for me, it looked amazing, but I'm not a fan of the movie really

LordCBH

I mean, without that tag how would I differentiate between a Ubisoft Rainbow Six and all the other Rainbow Six games out there….oh wait…..

DaGwaphics

Riders Republic looks like a game I could be hilariously bad at and still have a good time with. I'll be sure to check that one out at some point. I'm surprised more people aren't excited about this one.

packy34

Riders Republic looks like a game I could be hilariously bad at and still have a good time with. I'll be sure to check that one out at some point. I'm surprised more people aren't excited about this one.
It's not bad at all. I have played in some early closed tests and it's really fun if you're into that sort of stuff.

Most western publishers have become terrible now. Especially when it comes to quality single player content. The good shit is coming from Japan. Sony, capcom, square enix etc..
Sony may be based in Japan, but let's not kid ourselves - their big output is from western studios they own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom