• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft 'Pass Premium' appears on store - another possible subscription service?

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: TechRaptor

ubisoft-pass-premium-screenshot-1-902x507.jpg

The most likely candidate is to be a service similar to EA Access, Electronic Art’s service that provides unlimited access to the full versions of EA games for a monthly subscription fee of $4.99 a month, or $24.99 for a year. EA Access has been incredibly popular for its unlimited access to several AAA titles, and helped in paving the way for other subscription-based services such as EA’s own Origin Access for PC titles, and Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass.

If not an EA Access-like service, it is possible that the Pass Premium placeholder represents something else planned with Ubisoft’s Uplay service, perhaps transitioning Uplay from having extra bits of content to a subscription-style service that would reward players with free content for buying in.

The future - more passes required than E3

JimiNutz

Banned
Ubisoft are actually one of the few publishers that I would welcome a steaming service for.

They make a lot of good games but none that I ever really feel compelled to buy full price (every Ubisoft game that I 'own' this generation has either come via PS+ or as a gift).

Alx

I've been on and off gamepass and EA access, but an Ubi pass is definitely something I could keep all year long. As it is now I buy many of their games but only after some time, when they're cheap (I'm two AC games behind)

And if it is like ea access, I will probably get it as I get about 2 ubi games a year. All these services can be a bit much but if managed correctly they can save you money.

Pryor

The one thing that would be cool is if it was a service which gives Season/Annual Pass access for all games you own on their launcher with one payment.

I like Ubisoft games, but not enough to subscribe to something like this unless it offers good discounts on new release games. Even then...

This world has far too many subscription services now. I yearn for the old days, and wish it'd all collapse. Secretly.

Larxia

Ubisoft are actually one of the few publishers that I would welcome a steaming service for.

They make a lot of good games but none that I ever really feel compelled to buy full price (every Ubisoft game that I 'own' this generation has either come via PS+ or as a gift).
You make it sounds like it's either day one purchase or cloud gaming streaming, you know there are others options right? You could just wait for a sale and still have a nice experience with the game, instead of playing a terribly compressed version through a video feed with latency.
This doesn't even seem to be about streaming anyway, it seems like it's more something like Origin Access or xbox game pass, but for ubisoft games, you get to download and play the games.

Daymos

The premium version of a virtual membership offering expanded services for digital adventures. It sounds so good that it's almost real!

wvnative

If this is a thing for PS4 count me in, Ubisoft is my favorite publisher and been wanting them to rip off EA access since that became a thing. Hopefully it's good value.

Solo Act

I think it's $50 a year on PC to get every EA game on the release date (if not earlier). If Ubi is similar, that gives me every game by these two giant publishing houses for $100 a year. Count me way in.

I don't honestly understand the complaints if this ends up being true.

johntown

Banned
I don't see what the big deal is as long as your are not forced to buy the service just to play their games. If ppl have $$ to burn let them waste their $$ on these services. Or for ppl who really enjoy only Ubisoft games it could actually be beneficial (in the short term).

Now if games get locked behind these services then I will take issue with them until then I don't care.

Top Bottom