• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft says that MS & Sony are 'pressuring them' into 30FPS on PC; Phil: Not true

this is what microsoft started since they launched a weaker system.. Parity for all guys!!..

now if the X1 coud just keep up this Parity close wouldnt even be here

Seik

Banned
I was holding on posting here because the whole story sounded flimsy at first, but holy shit now it ends up being real! Hahahaha!

Truly pathetic, I'd like to add 'if true' but sounds like it is. D:

UnrealEck

Then I think you are quite bad at that.

No, you're having trouble interpretting things. He's not saying by Sony. He's saying 'by Sony' and Microsoft. You left Microsoft out of your little sarcastic reply to him because your only interest seemed to be to defend one party and not the other.

AsfaeksBR

"he implied that MS is making them lock the framerate on PC too"

Never forget
fho4Ff4.jpg

I replied only to confirm that the conference DID take place, because I don't like to read that some people are doubting it or even my school's existence (that is what convinced me to reply in fact), but things go REALLY too far here, it was just a one-hour conference to show us engineer's jobs at Ubisoft, and because the engineers may not be experts at speaking in a conference, things they said can be easily misinterpretated.
Julian Gerighty said they may need to pull a feature from the PS3 version of EndWar if Microsoft wouldn't approve it.

I don't think these guys are being misinterpreted. Also, not necessarily directed at you, but I think attempts to discredit them as incompetent underlings are both unfair and unfounded.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Indeed, I'm not singling out Sony or Microsoft. The quote says console makers, plural, that includes both of them. It would also include Nintendo if third party games were released on its platform.
Yes, but you seem to be ignoring the possibility that "console makers" was used in a general sense to avoid specifically calling out one of the two big console manufacturers that this would affect, which seems especially more likely when we have had rumors of this sort of thing occurring on Microsoft's side but none (that I am aware of) on Sony's, and within in the opening post, we also get the clarification:
"[timois] implied that MS is making them lock the framerate on PC too".

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
No, you're having trouble interpretting things. He's not saying by Sony. He's saying 'by Sony' and Microsoft. You left Microsoft out of your little sarcastic reply to him because your only interest seemed to be to defend one party and not the other.
Before these allegations by you go any further: I've quoted the initial post IN FULL.

So knock off that shit.

Well I'm surprised how quicky MS is refuting that. Not saying there right or wrong, just lately MS gives the usual "Won't comment on runours and allegations BS". If a Sony rep also tweets within the hour, than I have a feeling something is up and where's there smoke, there's fire analogy.
Not really, Phil is very active on Twitter and replies frequently to everyone.

Oh man, what if its just Sony? After all, Microsoft has something to gain with PC games given Windows, Sony does not. Might cool some of the Micrsoft hate for a bit...

With that said, I think this is BS.

UrbanRats

UnrealEck

Before these allegations by you go any further: I've quoted the initial post IN FULL.

So you didn't defend one party over the other despite him mentioning both parties previously, several times to people? Would you like me to point those out to you?

edit: you know what, forget it. it's not even worth bothering to get deeper invested in this back and forth.

Well I'm surprised how quicky MS is refuting that. Not saying there right or wrong, just lately MS gives the usual "Won't comment on runours and allegations BS". If a Sony rep also tweets within the hour, than I have a feeling something is up and where's there smoke, there's fire analogy.
Your post makes absolutely no sense.... at all.

So knock off that shit.

You seem way too emotionally invested in this. My favorite gaming platform is getting screwed over and I'm not angry, why are you so aggressive about Sony potentially doing something shady?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So you didn't defend one party over the other despite him mentioning both parties previously, several times to people? Would you like me to point those out to you?
I entered the thread because of the post I replied to. If you infer other things that is on you and your fantasy world where everyone is out to get you somehow.

You seem way too emotionally invested in this. My favorite gaming platform is getting screwed over and I'm not angry, why are you so aggressive about Sony potentially doing something shady?
I don't like that someone is making up posts about me that are empirically untrue but if I come off as being very emotionally invested because of attacks on my person then I will take my bow. Last post. :)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Something sounds suspicious. Why would they tell anyone what their inner company policies are toward their clients? Isnt that kind of stuff NDA'd?

Not only that, i find it hard to believe that only Ubisoft has had this kind of issue while they are under fire for optimization issues.

Sami+

Honestly I'm more inclined to believe Ubisoft would be covering their own asses when asked questions like these. They're not exactly known for their honesty.

PhatSaqs

Banned
So this is confirmed to be a thing MS does and unconfirmed to be thing Sony does by whom?

Edit: So confirmed for both now? lol

Because the whole story seems to be 100% rubbish like Pachter's September NPD predicition.
Looks like that Ubi guy was talking out of his ass.

Hexa

Nah, this is the one time nobody bothered.

I don't think its that unlikely. Loads of people from various industries give talks at my school and they usually are not recorded/aren't allowed to be recorded. For example, loads of people from Occulus have given talks at UMD, but I've yet to find any video of it.
I'm still undecided on whether its true or not. Not enough evidence for either imo.

Verendus

Banned
You know, Sony does a lot of begging and dick sucking. Wouldn't have to do that if they had this kind of power. Just saying.

All those dicks. Could have been avoided.

BPoole

If this is 100% proven there is no way I'm buying a PS4 (I was never going to buy an XB1 regardless). I'll just settle for my PC as primary and then get a Wii U just for Smash and Bayo 2

Top Bottom