• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft suffers security breach, 900GB Stolen

Oberstein

Well, it's starting to leak, and it's huge.

Don't look if you want to keep the surprise.

AC Red, Hexen, WD3 et BGE2

giphy.gif

Just kidding, here's the link:
200w.gif

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Did Ubisoft really need to be hacked?

2024 - 2034 timeline:

• Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Watchdogs
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Watchdogs
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Watchdogs
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Watchdogs
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Watchdogs
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
  • Watchdogs
  • Assassins Creed
  • Far Cry
Haha. I was going to do something similar, but you forgot one game:

2024 Skull & Bones
2040 Skull & Bones
2080 Skull & Bones
2150 Skull & Bones

cireza

900 GB ? Guy got confused obviously. He simply downloaded the latest Assassin's Creed, he didn't hack shit.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

giphy.gif

200w.gif

Flipping The Bird Middle Finger GIF

Yes, you got me.

Last edited:

setoman

Hackers, if you're listening.

I will provide $1 million dollars if you release playable builds of 2012 Watchdogs and 2013 The division E3 demo!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
hard to believe 900GB of data were stolen and no user data / passwords and credit card data were taken. Or they probably don't want to state that! Id suggest anyone using an of their services to immediately change your passwords.

Explain why they're never operational when I fancy a milkshake!
Real talk though, I used to work with those things, and after seeing what it takes to actually sanitize that thing I would never trust some kid making minimum wage to give that much of a damn.

It's all powdered gelatin anyway, never eat that crap.

Mr Moose

Real talk though, I used to work with those things, and after seeing what it takes to actually sanitize that thing I would never trust some kid making minimum wage to give that much of a damn.

It's all powdered gelatin anyway, never eat that crap.
Wait... What? The milkshakes?

CGNoire

giphy.gif

200w.gif
🤣 DEAD!

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
"They aimed to exfiltrate 900Gb, but lost access"

Does this mean they didn't steal anything?
They had access for 48 hours. Surely they grabbed *something* in that time. Maybe their “wget * -r” would have nabbed 900GB if allowed to run for another day (…or week, or month, whatever) but they got cut off before it finished. Or maybe they were in the middle of downloading a 900GB .tar that is now useless. Guess we’ll have to wait and see if anything gets released.

Meicyn

Gold Member
48 hours of access and being cut off trying to get 900GB of data isn't the same as "didn't get anything".
The threat actors told vx-underground that they attempted to steal data Rainbow 6 Siege user data but were detected and lost access before they could do so.

Straight from the article.

Meicyn

Gold Member
While I hope it is the case, that still doesn't confirm they stole no data.
Not sure what the motive would be to lie about not getting any data if they actually have any when their goal was to get data, however incomplete it might be.

bender

What time is it?
Not sure what the motive would be to lie about not getting any data if they actually have any when their goal was to get data, however incomplete it might be.

If you trust what the hacking group is telling the Twitter account, their access was lost once they tried to obtain the R6 player data but also had access into Ubisoft's systems the 48 hours prior. Who knows what else they stumbled on along the way to that R6 data before being cut off.

Meicyn

Gold Member
If you trust what the hacking group is telling the Twitter account, their access was lost once they tried to obtain the R6 player data but also had access into Ubisoft's systems the 48 hours prior. Who knows what else they stumbled on along the way to that R6 data before being cut off.
Hmmm… fair point.

flying_sq

48 hours of access and being cut off trying to get 900GB of data isn't the same as "didn't get anything".
I guess we will find out soon enough. Its possible the hackers got some data but you would think it would be mentioned if they had. I'm still going with them getting nothing.

Ar¢tos

hard to believe 900GB of data were stolen and no user data / passwords and credit card data were taken. Or they probably don't want to state that! Id suggest anyone using an of their services to immediately change your passwords.
Credit card data is usually held by 3rd party companies that exist just for that purpose and they have very high security.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Anything leak revealing if the new Prince of Persia game is any good? I want it to be good. The art direction looks fire but something about the combat makes me think it's unfinished. Guess I'll wait for the demo on Jan 11th before ordering.

Top Bottom