• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Summer BOMBA sale on Wii U and 3DS

If you never played Rayman 2 then get Rayman 3D, I bought it at launch and it was really fun and yeah I missed the infinite of ports of Rayman 2

Wynnebeck

Banned
3DS games

ETMNe.gif

ElFly

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is pretty great, you guys.

It's basically Fire Emblem with guns. No, that's not Advance Wars, because you don't build units in Shadow Wars.

Richie

Is Shadow Wars really akin to Fire Emblem? I had no idea the game was this critically acclaimed here in GAF. And just seven bucks...

Shame there is no Child of Light discount though.

DJ_Lae

Rayman Origins for 3DS seems like a decent sale. Surprised noone has mentioned it, is it a good game? Worth $7.50?

Try the demo.

I remember playing it and hating it. I think it ran at 30fps or lower and is such a low resolution on the 3DS that it completely ruins the fantastic look of the game.

Lasdrub

I just bought Shadow Wars for about $12 on Amazon. $7.50 is a great price. It beats all new prices on eBay. The game hasn't arrived yet, so maybe I'll get a discount due to the sale.

Well, if they're to be trusted, that game failed every which way but left. Rayman, I believe, did better on the Wii U than any other system.

Im really curious how ZU actually did overall. Excluding all the changes and platforms that game went through, i would think its turning a profit at this point if your looking at just the cost of the part of the development that went into the wii u production part. It seems like its a steady seller of first time wii u owners.

tuffy

Is Shadow Wars really akin to Fire Emblem? I had no idea the game was this critically acclaimed here in GAF. And just seven bucks...
It is. You're given a team of soldiers with different abilities and have to get them through each mission alive. At the end of each mission you get to distribute experience points (of sorts) which unlocks more power or better abilities.

Despite looking pretty rough in the early screenshots, it actually turned out to be the best 3DS launch title of the bunch.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Someday GAF will learn when to use the term BOMBA. This is not one of those days.

Shadow Wars seems like the only good deal on there.

LayLa

Shame there is no Child of Light discount though.

yes very similar to Fire Emblem. the story and characters are silly (although with recent events in Crimea it might seem less silly these days?) but the game mechanics are rock solid - as they should be, being designed by Julian Glossop, maker of the original X-Com PC games amongst others.

Son Of D

Was Rayman Legends good?

It'll mostly boil down to whether or not you like the gamepad functionality. That's usually a make or break moment for the Wii U port. Outside of that though I did find it an enjoyable platformer. I haven't played Origins so I can't compare it to that.

Legends for $20 is worth it, the rest are some pretty trash deals. Ubisoft's CoD-like commitment to keeping the price of old Assassin's Creed games artificially high continues to astound. I swear I've seen the WiiU Black Flag go for $13.

When does Shadow Wars turn into an RPG? I am still in the starting missions but the dialog is so long and it keeps telling me what to do. I quit it a long time ago and never saw RPG elements.

DedValve

Banned
Rayman Origins for 3DS seems like a decent sale. Surprised noone has mentioned it, is it a good game? Worth $7.50?

No. 3DS version is supremely gimped. I don't even think it's 30fps. I played the demo and I was disgusted by it.

There's a reason Legends never made it there.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
US only i guess ? Since im back being a WiiU owner i would love to get my hands on a cheap Rayman copy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Black Flag's not good, eh?

wtf? Black Flag is awesome! Damn near Sid Meier's Pirates as the best pirate game ever made. Great price on that game.

Also great price on Shadow Wars 3D.

If I didn't already have both I would be on them in a second.

edit - oops and Rayman Legends for $20 is also great. I actually have that on Wii U. The "if you do/don't like the Gamepad" argument is null. It really only adds to the experience and does nothing to detract. I also have the game for PS4 and hands down Wii U IMHO is the definitive version.

Taurus

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

Buy this you little fuckers right NAO! You won't regret it. I paid 29€ for this and loved every minute.

borghe

I've heard Shadow Wars is pretty good.

I'm gonna pass on the whole thing, but if anyone likes strategy games.

it's not really a strategy game. I mean it is, but very very lite. More like a semi-deep board game IMHO. That's really it.. it's a lot like playing a Fantasy Flight Games board game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, if they're to be trusted, that game failed every which way but left. Rayman, I believe, did better on the Wii U than any other system.
The thing about zombiU is that it is/was? the best selling 3rd party game on WiiU, the thing is ubisoft is awful at management, it started out as a game on 360, then changed to wiiU as a alien shooting game, then finally changed to a zombie game and so the game costed way more than it should have.

Mortemis

Banned
Devil Survivor Overclocked is 15 bucks woah. Atlus stuff goes on sale all the time but this is threadworthy for Game of the Forever.

Wow, I came in expecting nothing but DS over clocked is $15? Gonna DL quickly.

Lol @ how an ubisoft sale got me to buy an atlus game.

Jhoan

Checked out GRAW for 3DS on a whim. I'm not a big fan of strategy games but for $8.17 (with NY tax) I got nothing to lose.

FoneBone

Try the demo.

I remember playing it and hating it. I think it ran at 30fps or lower and is such a low resolution on the 3DS that it completely ruins the fantastic look of the game.

I thought the implementation of 3D effects was pretty nice.

Everything else, though... yeah, not worth bothering if you own any other platform that has it.

Real talk I might pick that one up.

if you got in on the 20% off cards at Best Buy that's only 6.00. Well worth it.

So newbie of me to ask, but does my 3DS and Wii U share the wallet? I haven't ever checked

They should if your NNID is linked to both.

Get GR: Shadow Wars. I regret selling the copy I had at 3DS launch. Easily the 3DS's best launch game.

EDIT: It's hideous, though. I think it was up-ported from the DS.

So none of the rabbids games are good huh? Was thinking about waiting for a bomba on legends for ps3 for the trophies but since the WiiU version is the definitive I don't think I mind snatching this up. The rabbids are funny to me but no one ever says much of anything about their games. Is the Tom Clancy joint like a rts? Or srpg-lite?

ZombiU is $14.99 on the eshop here in Canada (I already own it). All he rest seem in line though.

Edit: actually, Rabbids land is 12.50 and smurfs 2 is higher at 20.00

borghe

So none of the rabbids games are good huh? Was thinking about waiting for a bomba on legends for ps3 for the trophies but since the WiiU version is the definitive I don't think I mind snatching this up. The rabbids are funny to me but no one ever says much of anything about their games. Is the Tom Clancy joint like a rts? Or srpg-lite?

sadly no. the first rabbids games were novel, a little refreshing and fun. but the series is worn out now. The only other one worth anything is Rabbids Go Home which was practically a straight up Point n Click adventure by Ansel. Grab that for Wii Menu (would be even more awesome if they HD-ported it... YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!) but the rest you can mostly just pass on.

edit - to reiterate, Rabbids Go Home is worth every penny and IMHO in the top 5 of underrated Wii games.

MilesTeg

Banned
Gonna have to pass on these. Was thinking about ACIV, but meh. When I have a PS4 I'll just pick it up in the bargain bin some day for a $5 spot or something.

Top Bottom