• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Summer BOMBA sale on Wii U and 3DS

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Shadow Wars was secretly the best 3DS launch game.

Did they ever fix the wi-fi bug?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tempted to get Ghost Recon, but my backlog is horrendous. How long is it to beat?

Can anyone sell me on Cloudberry? It looked like fun,I just don't have any impressions beyond the trailer.

catmario

Shadow Wars was better than I expected.

Even Graphics are not very impressive, but It shows very smooth, solid gameplay.

I recommend this. One of the Best Ubisoft's Handheld game ever.

Effect

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is actually a really good and very underrated Tactical RPG on the 3DS.

Anyone who is a fan of that kind of game should give it a try at $7.50.

It's arguably the best launch game for the 3DS. It really was a great surprise.

I wish this sale was going on longer. I might cave on Black Flag again if it lasted until next Friday. The sale will be over by then though. I put in AC3 again this afternoon and was able to play several multiplayer games without much issue. They finally fixed the matching. People were leaving and coming into matches as they took place without any trouble it seemed. The graphic problems with that game are on full display though with the online. Stuff I never say in the single player game. So I would get AC4 again for the multiplayer and perhaps to mess around in the game world when the desire hit me. Especially since it's the last AC game the system will likely get.

jblank83

It's arguably the best launch game for the 3DS. It really was a great surprise.

It's not much of an argument, imo. There was Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Street Fighter IV, Pilotwings, and not much else, unless you consider Steel Diver and Nintendogs+Cats worth mentioning. SF IV was competent for what it was, but a shoestring port and suffers due to the control scheme of the 3DS. Pilotwings is high quality but very light on content.

Shadow Wars, meanwhile, is a fully fleshed, well executed game. It has some creative, unique ideas. I enjoyed nearly every minute of it. Also, it has some of the best 3D effects on the system. It really pops.

Effect

It's not much of an argument, imo. There was Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Street Fighter IV, Pilotwings, and not much else, unless you consider Steel Diver and Nintendogs+Cats worth mentioning. SF IV was competent for what it was, but a shoestring port and suffers due to the control scheme of the 3DS. Pilotwings is high quality but very light on content.

Shadow Wars, meanwhile, is a fully fleshed, well executed game. It has some creative, unique ideas. I enjoyed nearly every minute of it. Also, it has some of the best 3D effects on the system. It really pops.

True the line up was somewhat small. I'd add Ridge Racer 3D to the list. I really enjoyed that. There were a few other games but the ones you listed and RR were the best games. I still feel Steel Diver gets a bad rap but that's just me.

Banned
I dunno if I'm cheap or entitled but these sales and steam sales this week have been underwhelming to me.

Glass Joe

Zombii U could be alot cheaper. I bought the physical version last week from Best Buy, brand new for $10.

Sounds like a clearance price to me. Stores are selling off the unwanted stock Ubisoft already sold to them. Point being, Ubi isn't profiting off $10 disc versions.

$20 is probably the sweet spot for profitability for full titles like Zombi U in the eShop. If it's between 100 people paying $10 vs 60 people paying $20, it's in Ubi's interest to go with $20. I do think they could go more aggressive ($15) but I don't have their sales charts. They need to try to get back their investment as much as possible somehow.

CDX

3DS eShop
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $7.50, normally $29.99

Wii U eShop
Rayman Legends — $20.00, normally $39.99*

I'd consider these worth it. Not only are they good games, but those are fair prices too compared to retail.

I payed $10 plus shipping for my Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars cartridge, so IMO the $7.50 is well worth it. I really liked this game more than I thought I would, I bought after seeing numerous people here on GAF recommend it. Everybody if you like strategy games, get Shadow Wars.

Also I've seen Rayman Legends Wii U for about $20-$25 at retail at various places. So $20 seems fair to me. Looks like I'm finally buying the Digital version of Rayman Legends! I almost bought it when it was on sale the last time for I think about $28 but I didn't. I wasn't going to buy it until it was $20 or less on the eShop.

Kyougar

As a participant in the steam sale....

wow those are bad deals. Thought something like ZombieU would be max 5 to 10 dollar

olimpia84

Tom Clancy Shadow Wars is a must have at that price, one of the best secret 3DS games out there. Zombi U and Rayman Legends are very much worth it at those price points too

Dorygrant

Ahh,
I have about $13 on the eshop.... Could add the $10 for Rayman Legends or AC4:BF.

Is it absolutely worth it for either? I live in Canada so I never see them below $40 in stores typically.

Top Bottom