• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Summer BOMBA sale on Wii U and 3DS

balohna

ZombiU — $22.49
Rayman Legends — $20.00
Cloudberry Kingdom — $5.00
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $7.50

There you go. Those are great games, well worth those asking prices.

ZombiU has been less than that at most retailers for months. Should be like $10 to constitute being "on sale".

tebunker

Banned
Black Flag's not good, eh?
Quite the opposite.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 50 hours I put in to it. There are some frame rate hiccups but nothing that will break the game for you.

Also the online is still going fine just not huge.

Missing DLC hurt but whatever.

Lastly the best thing is putting the entire HUD on the gamepad so you have the map and HUD on the pad and a pristine game world in front of you on the screen. This is seriously under rated by everyone. It really added to the experience for me

Hmm I might get Shadow Wars for that price but for everything else that I have some interest in I could find cheaper at retail.

Bagu

When does Shadow Wars turn into an RPG? I am still in the starting missions but the dialog is so long and it keeps telling me what to do. I quit it a long time ago and never saw RPG elements.
It's not an RPG, just a turn-based tactics game. Fine good one at that and everyone here should buy it.

ZombiU — $22.49
Rayman Legends — $20.00
Cloudberry Kingdom — $5.00
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3D — $7.50

There you go. Those are great games, well worth those asking prices.

I don't know anything about those last two, but physical copies of Zombi U and Rayman Legends can be found significantly cheaper.

This is a shit sale.

EhoaVash

Not really tempting beside Rayman legends

I saw zombi U at gamestop for $8 today. not my type of game so I didn't bother.
If you want a meaty game, Ass creed IV is great, I already have the physical copy

sadly no. the first rabbids games were novel, a little refreshing and fun. but the series is worn out now. The only other one worth anything is Rabbids Go Home which was practically a straight up Point n Click adventure by Ansel. Grab that for Wii Menu (would be even more awesome if they HD-ported it... YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!) but the rest you can mostly just pass on.

edit - to reiterate, Rabbids Go Home is worth every penny and IMHO in the top 5 of underrated Wii games.
Might have to check it out.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Might have to check it out.

sadly I just looked and it's going for $54 on Amazon new, and at least $23-30 on Amazon for used complete. It looks like it's available used at a number of Gamestop's for $9.99, but you might really have to search if you're trying to get it with case and manual.

Farmboy

Jesus christ, people. GET ON THIS SHIT.

Agreed, everyone who liked XCom and has a 3DS simply can't pass this up. Is it as good as XCom? No, not quite. But it's a darn good twist on the same genre and totally worth that $7.50 you'll probably never miss.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Shadow Wars is worth that price. The story isn't much, the characters even less so, and it's not very replayable; but it's a good snack in between playthroughs of Fire Emblem and X-Com.

ramparter

Banned
Would buy the Rayman games on the 3DS if they were cheaper.

edit
Maybe I\ll get Shadow Wars, too many people recommending it.

Glass Joe

On that list, everyone should get Rayman if they haven't already. Splendid platformer. Zombi U is also worth it unless you prefer a disc version, just because of its uniqueness.

I could use some convincing to pull the trigger on Cloudberry Kingdom. I wouldn't mind a tough platformer -- I almost bought 1,001 Spikes but decided I'd wait until they patch in off-tv and fix the glitches. But on the surface, the randomly generated levels of CK just seems kind of soulless.

I'm also contemplating AC 3 or 4 but I didn't really like the little time I spent so far on 3. And Splinter Cell is just stealth right? I still haven't picked up Child of Light (not on sale) but I might enjoy that more after all.

Dam UbiSoft jumping off the Wiiu ship hard.

Nah. They still have Watch_Dogs and Just Dance 2015 coming at a minimum. I think they're probably just trying to intrigue new Wii U owners (due to Mario Kart). If this was an indication of them jumping ship, they'd be like EA who still has Madden 2013, FIFA 13 and Need For Speed on the shop for $60.

Also, Child of Light is in the Top 20 All Time Downloadable Best Sellers. Sales appear on par with NES Remix 2. And although I have no clue of the actual numbers, that's probably better than they anticipated.

jblank83

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is actually a really good and very underrated Tactical RPG on the 3DS.

Anyone who is a fan of that kind of game should give it a try at $7.50.

linko9

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is actually a really good and very underrated Tactical RPG on the 3DS.

Anyone who is a fan of that kind of game should give it a try at $7.50.

Yeah, I've actually been waiting for this to go on sale, I hear it's actually pretty good.

Might get Origins on the 3DS too just to have it in 3D, what framerate does it run at?

I have $30 eShop credit. Tempted to get Rayman Legends but I have a tiny amount of space in my Wii U, not enough for a 6GB game. Can I buy off the eShop and then choose to download another day?

Also, anyone played the Rabbids Travel in Time 3DS game, and if so, is it ok? I know it's a platformer, and is really cheap at $7.50. Tempting.

Someday GAF will learn when to use the term BOMBA. This is not one of those days.

Shadow Wars seems like the only good deal on there.

Or just, you know, drop it like the 17,000 other old cliches we can't get rid of. Excuse me, I mean "drop it like dem 17,000 other old cliches"

P.S. I think this sale is going to force me to have to buy a 64 GB SD card for the 3DS. How the hell did that happen?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ok ok I'll buy Shadow Wars. I'm playing Xcom on iOS right now, but this shit crashes sooo much. Drives me nuts.

Glass Joe

I have $30 eShop credit. Tempted to get Rayman Legends but I have a tiny amount of space in my Wii U, not enough for a 6GB game. Can I buy off the eShop and then choose to download another day?

Also, anyone played the Rabbids Travel in Time 3DS game, and if so, is it ok? I know it's a platformer, and is really cheap at $7.50. Tempting.

Probably not. If cleaning your fridge is an option, you can do that and redownload the stuff you deleted later. If you have a basic and just don't have the capacity, I believe the eShop will block you from making the purchase. I think the sale runs till the 7th and finding a small external drive in the meantime would be a good investment anyway.

Probably not. If cleaning your fridge is an option, you can do that and redownload the stuff you deleted later. If you have a basic and just don't have the capacity, I believe the eShop will block you from making the purchase. I think the sale runs till the 7th and finding a small external drive in the meantime would be a good investment anyway.
Thanks for the response, I have a deluxe and it's nearly full. I should try to finish some of the games I have already, I'm sure there'll be some other sales. May get a couple of the 3DS sale ones instead.

MarkusRJR

How are Rayman 3D and Origins 3DS?

Also, in more interesting 3DS digital sales, SMT: Soul Hackers, SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked, and SMT4 are all on sale for 50% off ($15 for the first two and $25 for SMT4).

Fellow gaffers, right now ZombiU is on sale for US$ 14,99 in the Canadian eshop, not US$ 22,49. Can anybody in the US check if prices are somehow different between the US and the Canadian eshop?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Well, if they're to be trusted, that game failed every which way but left. Rayman, I believe, did better on the Wii U than any other system.

I still see it brought up as an answer to 'which Wii U games do I get?!"

Flandy

Quite the opposite.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 50 hours I put in to it. There are some frame rate hiccups but nothing that will break the game for you.

Also the online is still going fine just not huge.

Missing DLC hurt but whatever.

Lastly the best thing is putting the entire HUD on the gamepad so you have the map and HUD on the pad and a pristine game world in front of you on the screen. This is seriously under rated by everyone. It really added to the experience for me
Man I'd really like to pick it up but the frame rate kills it for me. Has there been a patch that improves performance or anything? The digital foundry comparison shows it constantly being like 5-10fps lower than the PS3/360 versions

jblank83

Might get Origins on the 3DS too just to have it in 3D, what framerate does it run at?

I've never played Origins on 3DS. At launch, I recall people complaining about framerate. Then there was a firmware update to the 3DS that increased system resources available for games. After that, people reported solid framerates.

stuminus3

It's been mentioned already but it's worth repeating - that Ghost Recon game was designed by Julian Gollop - the guy that made the original X-Com games. It's the real deal. $7.50 is a great price for it.

Top Bottom