• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Watch_Dogs will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on XB1, both at 30fps

/r/pcmasterrace lifted the floodgates

Yeah... better believe we're in here

1291664255_obama-kiks-door-open.gif

Famassu

and the sub 1080p games continue.......the generation of disappointment indeed
This is, like, the only or one of the first sub1080p games on PS4. Don't blame the consoles or at least PS4 for this. It can run inFamous in 1080p and often well over 30 frames per second AND it looks much better than Watch_Dogs. It's Ubisoft who are to blame.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
As a Sony employee not specifically stating what he is talking about, I'd assume ambiguity is present and will take it in a context that he is boasting about the PS4 overall including all games and not just indies.

I can't vouch for you or other people but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought that he was talking about Indies, largely because at the time there were already AAA titles that weren't 1080p/60fps.

But if people need the narrative to fit the occasion, there's nothing I personally can do about it. People sometimes believe what they need to believe.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Name an uno soft game for PC of recent that has had a stable consistent framerate.

You have no idea what the port will be like, and for all you know the poster you quoted could have a PC capable of locking the game at 120fps even if it ended up being shitty.

Again, silly.

I can't vouch for you or other people but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought (and correctly so) that he was talking about Indies, largely because at the time there were already AAA titles that weren't 1080p/60fps.

If I'm not wrong in recalling, his tweets appeared as a mocking response to games' resolutions on the Xbox One...

Qassim

Super cheap PC version, costs an arm, a leg, one kidney, 2 pints of blood to build a PC to run at the ultra settings.

Why does it have to be running at Ultra settings? Why is this always the response to people proposing the PC version over the console version? Are people suggesting the console version is equivalent to the ultra maxed out PC settings on games? Because they're not.

keit4

Banned
This is, like, the only or one of the first sub1080p games on PS4. Don't blame the consoles or at least PS4 for this. It can run inFamous in 1080p and often well over 30 frames per second AND it looks much better than Watch_Dogs. It's Ubisoft who are to blame.

Lazy devs.

Foshy

I think people still overrate the Ps4's hardware based on how terrible the One is

PS4 is still underpowered in the grand scheme of things--900p will be the norm for the majority of games that feature industry leading visuals.
Watch Dogs doesn't feature industry leading visuals though

Why does it have to be running at Ultra settings? Why is this always the response to people proposing the PC version over the console version? Are people suggesting the console version is equivalent to the ultra maxed out PC settings on games? Because they're not.

Check this thread, PC gamers don't talk lower than 1080p/60fps with all settings maxed out.

And if you're gaming on PC with any setting lower than high/ultra and resolution lower than 1080p/60fps, then you don't need to game on a PC at all.

Those Shahid tweets are absolutely classic Guy's the biggest blowhard- the 1080p/60fps garbage was hilarious especially seeing the proliferation of 30fps games for the PS4.

Anyway, with Ubisoft, it just seems like they bit off more than they can chew.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
*does not buy any next gen game that isn't 1080p crew*

Sorry Ubisoft but sub 1080p belongs in the old gen. If they could do it for Infamous, you should be able to do it too.

The_Monk

With all due respect to my good fellow GAFfers, but while I simply love to discuss and play all my games on different types of Consoles and PC, and having great discussions about many things regarding the Gaming Industry some people are so much loyal to a brand or to their favourite system that... it's pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Those Shahid tweets are absolutely classic Guy's the biggest blowhard- the 1080p/60fps garbage was hilarious especially seeing the proliferation of 30fps games for the PS4.

Anyway, with Ubisoft, it just seems like they bit off more than they can chew.
He will be right when Morpheus is out.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
With all due respect to my good fellow GAFfers, but while I simply love to discuss and play all my games on different types of Consoles and PC, and having great discussions about many things regarding the Gaming Industry some people are so much loyal to a brand or to their favourite system that... it's pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Pick a side or shut up.

Tenck

But you don't save money on games when you can buy used discs for consoles and even sell them when your done. Also if you want couch gaming you need a whole other rig for it. Running wires around your house is a disaster.

Yes you do save money. Not sure how you're even arguing against that. I can go and buy the Humble Bundle right now for $5.85 and get 8 games.

Why is everyone talking shit on the PS4? It has delivered quite a number of 1080p titles unfortunately this isn't one of them but only PC's will get you a better experience.

Somewhat confused.
Probably because Sony posted on their own site that the game would run at 1080p/60 on the PS4, only to later remove that info.

BibiMaghoo

If it was Rockstar and the next GTA, I would give them a pass for it.

That makes me think I perhaps should here. It depends on the real scope of the game I guess.

Nethaniah

Check this thread, PC gamers don't talk lower than 1080p/60fps with all settings maxed out.

And if you're gaming on PC with any setting lower than high/ultra and resolution lower than 1080p/60fps, then you don't need to game on a PC at all.

Heard it here first folks, if you're not gaming on ultra you don't need to game on a pc.

What are pc exclusives? Mods? Higher resolutions? Higher framerates?

Ysiadmihi

Banned

I'm sure this sounded better in your head, because I can't imagine you thought this didn't sound so hyper-defensive.

I don't know if this is a serious question or not... The two games are so different, one hardly knows where to begin lol.

What does that even mean? From where I'm sitting, Second Son looks like a much more tech heavy game. If that can run between 30 and 60 fps at 1080p, how can Watch Dogs not?

Top Bottom