• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Watch_Dogs will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on XB1, both at 30fps

Looks like whether I get a "next-gen" console is entirely based on E3.

Pretty disappointing. Double so because Sony seems too keen on making showcase games like Killzone, The Order...and probably the next Uncharted too. This gen won't be remembered for the eye candy, no matter how hard they try.

Edit: I'm not bashing Sony alone, but I've never considered getting an XB1, so Sony is all I have to criticise / express my frustrations with.

Qassim

Will this run the game at 1080p and 60 fps? I doubt it.

On minimum settings? Yeah it's possible. It'll be running on a PS3 and 360, and those minimum requirements are far more powerful than a PS3 or 360.

Also - again with the abritary requirements. Why does the minimum spec requirements mean for them to "not be ridiculous" you have to run them at 1080p60fps? Your £350, bran d new, super next-gen console can't run it at 1080p60fps, why are you setting this qualifier for the minimum spec on PC?

Some of these questions seem to come from people who seemingly have no idea of the realities of PC gaming. We've been doing 1080p60fps games for many, many, many years. PC games have SCALABLE SETTINGS. You can't keep asking these incredibly vague questions.

-PXG-

Watch Dogs will become a future case study on how a company can totally sabotage itself and their game from top to bottom.

I went from going ape shit to not giving a single fuck about this game. A damn shame it is too. It's resolution doesn't even matter. There is just so much else wrong with the PR, the game and UbiSoft's marketing strategies that make me totally uninterested

Tenck

Check this thread, PC gamers don't talk lower than 1080p/60fps with all settings maxed out.

And if you're gaming on PC with any setting lower than high/ultra and resolution lower than 1080p/60fps, then you don't need to game on a PC at all.

You seriously game at less than 4k res? :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looks like whether I get a "next-gen" console is entirely based on E3.

Pretty disappointing. Double so because Sony seems too keen on making showcase games like Killzone, The Order...and probably the next Uncharted too. This gen won't be remembered the eye candy, no matter how hard they try.
Making good looking games and making good games is not a trade off. They can be both. You wouldn't want them to try to push their own hardware?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
And those guys from golem.de, in their rush to bank on the whole discussion with PS4 version at 1080p 60fps, just embarrassed themselves.

Zabant

COD GHOSTS
PS4 = 1080p
Xbone = 720p
PS4 with a 360 pee advantage

BF4
PS4 = 900p
Xbone = 720p
PS4 with a 180 pee advantage

Watch_Dogs
PS4 = 900p
Xbone = 792p
PS4 with a 108 pee advantage

The Xbone is definitely catching up. That day isnt far when the the Xbone leapfrogs the PS4.

#TeamPenello
#TeamMisterX
#TeamAGIES

This a parody post right? GAF has been nutzo recently to the point I could actually believe someone like this could exist here.

And if you're gaming on PC with any setting lower than high/ultra and resolution lower than 1080p/60fps, then you don't need to game on a PC at all.

To me the advantage of PC gaming is more than just graphics, even games that are just console ports I'll still prefer them on PC because of cheaper game prices, choice of control method, backward compatibility, mods, free online, and hey anytime you decide to upgrade your PC, you just upgraded all your games

Foshy

This a parody post right? GAF has been nutzo recently to the point I could actually believe someone like this could exist here.
The hashtags give it away

But yeah there are probably people
misterxmedia
actually thinking that.

The reaction here proves that no one actually wanted to play the game, and just wanted to brag about their new console's specs.

That said, what in the hell happened with this game?

kinggroin

Banned
Damn. Imagine when the rest of the Bone power is unlocked. That advantage you PS4 owners had in the visuals category, is about to vanish.

Very impressive showing for MS here.

Sony needs to figure something out cause this closing resolution gap and the price drop could mean the tides are about to turn hard.

Legitimately shocked at it being 900p 30fps for PS4. It'll be interesting to see if the game actually looks really good or whether Ubisoft just suck.
Not going to pre order though, I'll wait for some reviews.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
[QUOTE="D";111838048]I'm a little surprised that its 900 instead of 1080p but I had a gut feeling and was pretty much certain that this game wasn't gonna tag 60fps on the console version with all that it has that can happen on screen and the size of the game/world. Unlocked or not.

Still got my Collector's Edition pre-ordered but unless the reviews come out early and its a dud, then I'm still getting the game. The 101 trailer impressed me to keep a optimistic stance on it.[/QUOTE]

I clocked it wasn't 1080p ages ago. I think I posted it a few times. Is there a way to check post history? It always looked soft to me. It looked off. It kept being stated it was 1080p tho. I don't think it was. I'm still getting it... Maybe on pc tho

Will this run the game at 1080p and 60 fps? I doubt it.

Assassin's Creed IV wasn't a good port, from what I recall. I have no idea why PC folks are expecting anything better from Ubisoft considering their last few releases(AC 3-IV and FC 3).

different engine from ac3-4 and FC3. And no matter how bad the port is, your medium high end rig should be able to do better than 900p 30fps.

Damn. Imagine when the rest of the Bone power is unlocked. That advantage you PS4 owners had in the visuals category, is about to vanish.

Sony needs to figure something out cause this closing resolution gap and the price drop could mean the tides are about to turn hard.

image.php

daevv

I wasn't super interested in the game so I was never paying $69.99cdn for it. This just made it a Walmart bargain bin buy in two or so years.

Synless

COD GHOSTS
PS4 = 1080p
Xbone = 720p
PS4 with a 360 pee advantage

BF4
PS4 = 900p
Xbone = 720p
PS4 with a 180 pee advantage

Watch_Dogs
PS4 = 900p
Xbone = 792p
PS4 with a 108 pee advantage

The Xbone is definitely catching up. That day isnt far when the the Xbone leapfrogs the PS4.

#TeamPenello
#TeamMisterX
#TeamAGIES
Is this sarcasm? I can't tell, either way, they will never catch up, ever.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'd like to point out that right now a lot more of this has to do with developers learning how to utilize both consoles and get the most out of them. If it holds true to typical console generations, the first year will be games that are separated out by performance as folks just tend to use both processors raw and not optimize very well. As time goes on, the gap shrinks as those using the weaker processor are forced to optimize quicker, and at the end of the generation, as everyone learns the ins and outs of each console, each console is pushed to its limits, showcasing the performance differences.

I would imagine 3 years from now, both X1 and PS4 are doing 1080p / 60 fps for many games. Think of original X360 or PS3 games versus end of generation games. Both games were pushing system to max, but time allows a lot more optimization.

On minimum settings? Yeah it's possible. It'll be running on a PS3 and 360, and those minimum requirements are far more powerful than a PS3 or 360.

Also - again with the abritary requirements. Why does the minimum spec requirements mean for them to "not be ridiculous" you have to run them at 1080p60fps? Your £350, bran d new, super next-gen console can't run it at 1080p60fps, why are you setting this qualifier for the minimum spec on PC?
Again, you are thinking of a scenario where a Ubisoft game can actually manage to run at what is specifically laid out in its requirements. From the past examples, it hasn't been the case. Ubisoft games are generally terribly optimized.

If 1080p and 60 fps is no such big deal, then I don't understand all this fuss from PC gamers. What's the point anyways? Ubisoft dun goofed by not only delaying the game for months, but by also butchering its release on the current gen with a disappointing port. You continuously trying to place the blame on hardware isn't helping here. The hardware is weak, sure. But it doesn't mean that it wasn't possible to achieve 1080p resolution on PS4, as we have seen better results with others games.

derExperte

Who let the PC fanboys out of their sewer?

consoleGAF's tears made the water rise to alarming levels down here, we had to check out what's going on. At least no dead Nintendo fanboys floating around this time so all's good.

And those guys from golem.de, in their rush to bank on the whole discussion with PS4 version at 1080p 60fps, just embarrassed themselves.

That's Golem for you, they're not really the go-to source for gaming news. Or anything else actually.

JoshHood

lolwut

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'd like to point out that right now a lot more of this has to do with developers learning how to utilize both consoles and get the most out of them. If it holds true to typical console generations, the first year will be games that are separated out by performance as folks just tend to use both processors raw and not optimize very well. As time goes on, the gap shrinks as those using the weaker processor are forced to optimize quicker, and at the end of the generation, as everyone learns the ins and outs of each console, each console is pushed to its limits, showcasing the performance differences.

I would imagine 3 years from now, both X1 and PS4 are doing 1080p / 60 fps for many games. Think of original X360 or PS3 games versus end of generation games. Both games were pushing system to max, but time allows a lot more optimization.

I loved all of the 720p/60fps 360/PS3 games at the end of last gen.

soooo you haven't actually played the game?

I'm close to platniuming it actually. The city is completely dead, just as it always has been in inFamous games. They're just different types of games. Sucker Punch has never been good at making their cities/locations feel alive, they've just been giant hubs since Sly 2. Which works for their games, but you can't compare them on a 1:1 texture/lighting basis.

Making good looking games and making good games is not a trade off. They can be both. You wouldn't want them to try to push their own hardware?

I love great games that make your jaw drop...just like everyone else.

But as I grew older, I went from loving linear FPS set piece games, to utterly hating them. The more I got "into" gaming, the sheer shallowness is obvious to see. Watch_Dogs has the possibility of doing both(Great looks...and solid mechanics)...but we'll have to wait for a proper week after launch before we can tell. To be fair though, a lot of recent open world games have been surprising in their execution of multiple mechanics. (Gunplay, melee, driving, sim elements etc)

I just wish Ubi would do away with their fake demos, clearly running on $3000+ systems. I imagine The Division will be the next great controversy.

Eusis

This. Some of these posts...oh my god lol
Yeah, some of these reactions are kind of mind blowing to me. Hell, it's not even a matter of whether you care about resolution/fps or not but rather whether you care, or whether you're OBSESSED with them.

Not that I'd necessarily go with PC in this case, Ubi seems kind of spotty there, Uplay or no.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
The Infamous comparisons meh, Infamous is an exclusive, I expect most PS4 exclusives to be 1080p and look amazing.

Watch_Dogs is for PC, PS4, XB1, XB360, PS3, Wii U... 6 fucking platforms.
I'm guessing it's not easy making a game for 6 platforms. It's also 6 months into this generation, hopefully in year 2 Ubisoft will be better familiar with the new gen consoles.

I think Rockstar would put these guys to shame if they announce GTA5 Remaster for PS4/XB1 @1080P/30FPS+.

Not if it's just GTA V with a higher resolution. Some of you guys need to go back and play that shit, it doesn't hold up to Watch Dog's standards on PS4. And let's not act like RDR and GTA IV weren't sub 720p on PS3. If Ubisoft gets shitted on for this stuff, Rockstar shouldn't be hailed as graphical kings.

The hardware is weak, sure. But it doesn't mean that it wasn't possible to achieve 1080p resolution on PS4, as we have seen better results with others games.
So how does Watch Dogs compare visually to other PS4 games that run at 1080p? Surely nobody knows that yet. It's entirely possible that it's the best looking game on the system, even at 900p.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Cancelled.

Maybe I'll pick it up on PC after my next upgrade a year or two down the road, but even if I do Ubi won't see much money from that.

Charleston

Neo Member
Well, okay.

I know I won't be able to play this on my PC, looks like I'm waiting for a sale and a pc upgrade, at least.

Wolfenstein it is, it seems. It should be able to run that relatively well.

Top Bottom