• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's New Logo, symbolizes focus on live/digital games

MtmxhBXh6J4VMwSey6IRtvWLb4yNgF0gyzFsPOm68ZlZ8DRDG6705ltht-MldgxkWg=h900.png

Joker-Yelling-Hit-Me-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Vinc

That first logo is amazing. They should have used it in FC Blood Dragon! (Or did they?)

I don't mind the new logo. Looks like a simpler version of the old one. I'd like to see the animation for it.

xintin

If you're going to do a graphical "treatment" to the O in Ubisoft, why would you make it look like the outer line of the logo (which is arguably the worst part of the design) instead of the center.

You know, the part that already looks like an actual O.

tsab

Boobs. Boobies. Oobies. Ubies. Ubie. Ubi. Ubisoft.

Mmm, boobies soft.
Now everytime anybody mentions ubisoft, I'll be thinking boobies shot

(*)(*)(.)(.)

I liked the 90's logo the most. The rainbow umbrella made me fuzzy inside.
Also the new one reminds me of a nautilus

Terrorblot

I actually like the new logo save for one nagging complaint. I wish the collapse in the O and the really distinctive line end jutting in the swirl of the logo were pushed just a hair further, because when zoomed out that O straight up looks like compression artifact. Other than that, the logo is sharp.

Looks like a symbolic reference to what vivendi is currently doing to ubisoft....Gutting out the company one share at a time leaving nothing but a hollow shell

:(

Has Ubi ever used the 1986 logo in a recentish game? I feel like it would have worked well in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or one of the Trials games.

Looks like someone redrew the old Ubisoft logo in Illustrator in five minutes. I guess the old one was getting a bit long in the tooth, though.

natuKo

Neo Member
V5VFn2n.png

Ubisoft: We took our previous logo, removed all color, then we cut it up and shifted it to communicate how broken and disconnected our games are.

inner-G

Banned
I like the font change but it looks like they just added an awkwardly thick stroke to the old icon shape in Adobe Illustrator...

Fuchsdh

Looks like someone's just started using Adobe Illustrator for the first time.

That's what it feels like to me too. The lack of rounded-off or tapered ends to the stroke makes it feel really chintzy.

They would have been better off just flattening their 2003 logo.

Well, Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon are good and they seem to be taking their time with the new AC, so maybe this will actually mean something. Splinter Cell needs a shakeup though. Not sure if a reboot is necessary but a new direction for sure. That series has become increasingly stale since Chaos Theory.

Pejo

Man I love that 86 logo. New one sucks IMO, though I know nothing about design other than what I think looks cool.

Billfisto

That looks like someone told me "make the Ubisoft logo in Illustrator", then pulled me away from the computer after a minute and a half and didn't let me go back to finish it.

Top Bottom