• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

Saw this fight totaly by accident .. so ... awesome !

Why so many low blows ?

and :

FASHION RIO !

Nz4rS.png
I need to know what shoes he has on? Where did you get these pics?

not a big deal anyways for rumble. all he has to do is take a few fights somewhere, show that he can make weight, and he'll be back in the ufc in no time.

Actually, it's a huge deal for Rumble. This was a guy given two opportunities to be in the mix to compete on the upper tier of whatever weight class he found himself placed in, and not only did he have the problems making weight like a professional, leading to his dismissal, he also failed both times he was given the opportunity to fight those next-level fighters.

Even if he goes out and makes a comeback, he will have wasted at least a year or two of making top money, in a sport where an athlete's best earning years are very limited.

yacobod

Banned
All I'm saying is that it's not a death sentence to his career if he chooses to stick with it. I mean the UFC brought back Karo, who was probably the most unreliable guy they've ever had on their roster with his anxiety and drug problems.

Ya, I know these are anecdotal, but stories like Karo's make the ESPN story look stupid. And certainly if Apple Crumble wants back bad enough, it's likely we'll see him again.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/11/...ro-parisyan-drugs-money-and-a-fall-from-grace

It's hard to watch Karo struggle like this, but things could certainly be much worse. His promotion, the UFC, has supported him through his ordeal. They've helped pay for counseling, brought him back when logic dictated that he wasn't ready. Dana White explained it best to MMA Junkie's Dann Stupp:

"A lot of people were asking why I brought him back," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after UFC 123 at The Palace of Auburn Hills in suburban Detroit. "I get in these positions where there are guys like Karo Parisyan who have put on a lot of great fights for me over the past few years. He falls on hard times, and I don't want to sit here and act like a goof and pat myself on the back, but I've done a lot of things for him.

"He was texting and calling me, and I was like, 'I'll give this guy one more chance.'"

All in support of a fighter with self destructive impulses. Could you imagine Don King doing that? The fact is, the UFC wants to see these guys do well. They provide seminars and guidance, helping these young men deal with sudden wealth and fame. But there's only so much you can help someone.

Parisyan had a serious leg injury, one that has changed the trajectory of his career. He never got it taken care of - too expensive. Yet, he's blown through a million dollars like it was monopoly money. When he was fined $32,000 by the Nevada Commission he couldn't pay. He simply didn't have the cash. Yet, he managed to buy a big house and a luxury car for his dad.

Back when I was Karo," he said on Thursday in his hotel room, "I would be in a suite right now. I made $500,000 in 2007 alone, and I made $100,000 on the Kim fight before sponsors. I had an eight-fight contract worth over a million dollars."

Many young fighters like Parisyan think the money will flow in endless waves. It frightens me to see someone like Josh Koscheck, a fighter that has probably earned around $1.5 million in his career, in a $3 million house. I'm glad for his success - I worry about what happens when the checks stop coming for an (almost) 33 year old athlete.

I need to know what shoes he has on? Where did you get these pics?
gah I saw something very similar (suede leather w/ contrast eyestay and toe) not too long ago but they are completely escaping me at the moment. One of those special puma lines (mcqueen, rossi, etc), adidas slvr, or some boutique sneaker (ferragamo/louboutin/choo) will get you very close, regardless.

Slizz

The slower that kick gets the more questions I ask of it.... Like the guy tried to block it, it grazed his finger tips but like..... his fingertips weren't parallel to his face so where did he think it was gonna land?

Amazing KO nonetheless I take nothing away from it, just a question. Also I understand this it's pro-fighting shits hard to react to everything.

The slower that kick gets the more questions I ask of it.... Like the guy tried to block it, it grazed his finger tips but like..... his fingertips weren't parallel to his face so where did he think it was gonna land?

Amazing KO nonetheless I take nothing away from it, just a question. Also I understand this it's pro-fighting shits hard to react to everything.

The body. The reflexes weren't fast enough when the message got to his brain that "HOLYSHITIT'SCOMINGFORYOURFACE!!!"

The body.

Yeah my assumption is Etim was thinking it was gonna be a Dennis Siver-esque body kick but was too late getting his hands up when he finally realized Barboza was going higher.

agrajag

Banned

It happened so fast he really didn't know what trajectory the kick was going to come at him. It was instinctual to throw his hands up, but that's how it happens with kicks a lot of times. Kind of like how Couture and Belfort didn't see the kicks that knocked them out coming at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom