• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 179 |OT| Jose Aldo vs Chad "Mini" Mendes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesskid1

Banned
PSYaoGn.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD (10:00 pm EST)

Featherweight Championship
Jose Aldo (24-1) vs. Chad Mendes (16-1)

Phil Davis (12-2) vs. Glover Teixeira (22-3)
Fabio Maldonado (21-7) vs. Hans Stringer (22-5-3)
Darren Elkins (17-4) vs. Lucas Martins (15-1)
Beneil Dariush (8-1) vs. Diego Ferreira (11-0)

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS (8:00 pm EST)
William 'Patolino' Macario (7-1) vs. Neil Magny (12-3)
Yan Cabral (11-1) vs. Naoyuki Kotani (33-11-7)
Scott Jorgensen (15-9) vs. Wilson Reis (18-5)
Felipe Arantes (16-6-1) vs. Andre Fili (13-2)

EARLY PRELIMS ON UFC FIGHT PASS (7:00 pm EST)
Gilbert Burns (8-0) vs. Christos Giagos (10-2)
Fabricio Camoes (13-8-1) vs. Tony Martin (8-2)

0ZC2wMv.png

2roIGkv.png

UFC 179: weigh-in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtwLs1bqjSQ

UFC 179: Embedded
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

UFC 179: Countdown
Aldo vs Mendes
Teixeira vs Davis

seems like MMA-GAF stopped giving a shit, didn't even bother making an OT for 178 which woulda been an awesome card to discuss on here, so heres a thread for ufc 179.

iddqd

Conor is already fighting the sacrificial lamb Siver but here is hope for a new Champion at 145.

I root for the underdog, Aldo has not been super fun and he does not seem to care.
After seeing TJ win, anything is possible.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
seems like MMA-GAF stopped giving a shit, didn't even bother making an OT for 178 which woulda been an awesome card to discuss on here, so heres a thread for ufc 179.

The UFC doesn't seem to give a shit anymore, not sure why you'd expect anyone else to.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm sorry, but after seeing the first fight again the other night, no way amended wins this. Aldo's takedown defense is insane plus he's fast as fuck. Mendes wants no part of those hands so expect him to try and take Aldo down as soon as possible. You could almost compare this to Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva in style. I'm calling Aldo by KO in Rd. 2.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
One of the fighters on the main card doesn't even have a wikipedia page.

who the fuck is Hans Stringer

Dysun

Another shit card with a decent main event. Conor da GOAT needs to take that strap from Jose Aldo who lost his budo after WEC folded
Phil Davis and Glover are both eternal gatekeepers with no personality, and in Davis's case, a boring fighter. uber meh

skip

Fifty

Not a very strong card, but I am quite excited for the top 3 fights

Please tell me you meant to hit 2.

This card is not worth the money. I'll watch the main event eventually, and the co-main is only relevant insomuch as it decides who the next elite LHW gatekeeper will be.

Lazyslob

Banned
whatever card but it will be cool to see mendes get knocked out again. someone with the nickname "money" deserves to get knocked out regularly

iddqd

"So who do you think is between you and the 205 belt?"

"A half retired 185 ex champion that is close to 40 years old!"

makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom