• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 183 |OT| Silva x Diaz - Road to Future Endeavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

UFC-183-FOXSPORTS-403x403.jpg

Main Card - PPV

Nick Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC) vs. Anderson Silva (33-6 MMA, 16-2 UFC)

The GOAT Anderson Silva returns off his gruesome leg injury, 2 bullshit losses to the Wildman and a 13 month layoff to face Nick 'The Son of Stockton' Diaz who is coming off 2 straight losses of his own. A fight a couple years too late but still bearing all the ingredients for a good old fashioned just bleed affair.

Kelvin Gastelum (10-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) vs. Tyron Woodley (14-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC)

Undefeated welterweight* and TUF 15 winner, Kelvin Gastelum looks to earn a chance at the welterweight title if he gets by Dude Wipes posterboy and ex-Strikeforce aluminum, Tyron Woodley. Gastelum missed weight by coming in over a ridiculous 10lbs and looks to get his face smashed in by T-Wood while paying him 30% of his $9,000/$9,000 fight purse.

Al Iaquinta (10-3-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC) vs. Joe Lauzon (24-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC)

Strong Island superstar Al Iaquinta coming off an impressive TKO win over Ross Pearson looks to get choked out tonight by 13x post fight bonus winner and Reddit mainstay, Joe Lauzon.

Tim Boetsch (18-7 MMA, 9-6 UFC) vs. Thales Leites (24-4 MMA, 9-3 UFC)

Why the fuck is this on the main card.

Thiago Alves (20-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) vs. Jordan Mein (29-9 MMA, 3-1 UFC)

Former top welterweight contender Thiago Alves looks to revive his career against a 25 year old 38 fight veteran, Jordan Mein. Should be a great scrap.

Prelims - Fox Sports 1

Sara McMann (8-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) vs. Miesha Tate (15-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC)

Derek Brunson (12-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. Ed Herman (22-10 MMA, 9-7 UFC)

John Lineker (24-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC) vs. Ian McCall (13-4-1 MMA, 2-2-1 UFC)

Rafael Natal (18-6-1 MMA, 6-4-1 UFC) vs. Tom Watson (17-7 MMA, 2-3 UFC)

Early Prelims - Fight Pass

Diego Brandao (18-10 MMA, 4-3 UFC) vs. Jimy Hettes (11-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC)

Ildemar Alcantara (20-7 MMA, 3-2 UFC) vs. Richardson Moreira (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC)

Andy Enz (7-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC) vs. Thiago “Marreta” Santos (9-3 MMA, 1-2 UFC)

vW0QiR0.png

silva-griffin.gif

1234dfp_medium.gif

video-anderson-silva-vitor-belfort-ufc-126.gif

anderson-silva-sick-knockout-o.gif

ObedientGleefulLaughingthrush.gif

sfhule_jpg_medium.gif

bz8FGW4.jpg

Stockton slap if old.

dream

It's ten percent luck, friends. 20 percent skill. 15 percent concentrated power of will, friends.

Prototype

THE RETURN OF THE KING.

THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

THE ONE TRUE CHAMPION OF THE SPORT

ANDERSON THE SPIDER SILVA!!!!!!

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Cross-posting from the other thread. Check your expectations people. Father Time is undefeated and GLORY Diaz is chipping tibias in training.

A friend and I previewed this fight in EA Sports UFC. Initially I was sceptical of Diaz's chances but now I'm not so sure. Old man Silva's legs have nothing for GLORY Diaz's checks and outside leg kicks. Judging by the outcome of the game, he'll get frustrated, clown and end up getting punished along the cage before Diaz finishes him with several consecutive knees to the face from the Thai clinch.

Whoever wins, Dana wins because he can get rid of the loser!
Shirley you can't be serious. The winner will get a title shot in whatever division they fancy and the loser will either retire or get a number one contender matchup in whatever division they fancy.

VoxPop

Honestly pretty hyped for the raisinweight Lineker vs McCall fight. Hoping overweight Lineker can put some bombs into McCall's face before he starts shrieking like a child.

Panzon

I have a bad feeling about Silva. Father time is the realest thing in sports. I like Nick but can't root against my favorite fighter ever.

Hope Silva looks dominant

iddqd

So Lineker wins, has to move up to 135 and the only guy that gave Mighty Mouse trouble at 125 falls out of the title run picture.

EDIT
Is Herman smart enough to move to Bellator?

jred2k

Is Bisping really one of the two best people they could get to be on this panel? The guy stuttered his way through every sentence.

iddqd

I dont understand why McMann has not already won or controlled this fight more.
She is pulling a Phil Davis if she looses Rnd 3.

Women's bouts never fail at entertaining. Seems like they always put on a solid effort, and push through big moments. Thought Meishia lost this 10 minutes ago.

Vio-Lence

Banned
If rousey ain't fighting, women matches should be dark matches. This shit is so bad I can't believe the ultimate airs this crap.

Anyone here have info on this? I Wanted to order the ppv on Apple TV tonight when I get home. Is the easiest way through the ufc TV app? If I order it late can I choose to restart it from the beginning to see what I missed? I was planning to order after the ppv starts.

Madness

The reason the UFC loves the Diaz brothers so much is evident with all these fans I'm chatting with. A lot think Diaz has the heart to win, that they love his no nonsense approach, how he's not in it for the fame, loves fighting, can take a punch. They really work their image like this well.

I think Silva has got this. Even if psychologically he's iffy about his leg, Nick Diaz isn't a Weidman or Sonnen who can take Silva down, grind him like a wrestler, smother with ground and pound. Silva has such superior striking, height, reach, power. I honestly think Diaz gets TKO'ed today.

iddqd

Bummer, I thought McMann should have another crack at the belt.
Her first fight for it ended with that weird knee and we never saw the wrestling come into play.
Womens title picture AND 125 got derailed on this undercard.

VoxPop

Diaz just looks absolutely terrified about fighting Anderson. No shit talk, no taunting, looking down while he talks.. hope Joe Schilling gave him a few tricks so it isn't complete rape.

VoxPop

Rooting for Lauzon, nerds should win fights!

Iaquinta strangely struggles and is a deer in the headlights when his opponent goes for a submission. I see J Lau choking him out in the first as long as he avoids some big shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom