• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2

Dustin or Conor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
conor_mcgregor_vs_dustin_poirier_by_wweslashrocker54_de78apf-fullview.jpg

RF-UFC-FIGHT-CARD-v2.jpg

Live atm

A lot more media on the ufc page

I think Dustin will win this. Khabib is still in Conors head & unless we get an early stoppage he'll win.

Azaitar was fire last time, hope he continues. Ribas is awesome.

manfestival

OP has dangerously nonexistent amanda ribas waifu content

I demand that everyone watch this video and fall in love.

Time for picks:
Conor v Dustin : Conor... look I like Dustin and I want to be wrong.
Dan v Michael : The actual most important/interesting fight on the card. I love these Bellator experiments. My pick? Michael Chandler
Jessica v Joanne: I don't really care how this ends but if I had to throw my hat in. Then I guess it would be Jessica though Joanne appears to have more to lose.
Khalil v Marcin: Tough call but I will put my money on Marcin. Back against the wall being 3 losses in a row. Khalil also gets dusted early and will likely be the case here.
Marina v Amanda: Amanda. I cannot go against Amanda. 100% biased and I do not care.

INC

Conor looks like Jake Paul doing a impression of Conor

He's gone full meta

Not really bothered who wins tbh, id prefer dustin, just because he seems like less of cunt than Conor

Last edited:

GymWolf

I think conor is gonna smash dustin in the first round, i would not be surprised if he does that inside the first 60 sec like he said...

And hooker is probably gonna win, but i root for chandler, the guy is very likeable and i like his style, also i automatically root against any cringesanya squad mate (yeah i'm that pity when it comes to that bitch)

Last edited:

INC

Think dustin leaves himself open too much though the middle, when he goes full slugger, he does leave himself open, conor could get a nasty counter, interesting to see of duston goes for the ground game more, where traditionally conor is weaker. I reckon it'll be a more stand up fight tho

It'll be a decent fight regardless

cormack12

Gold Member

Time for picks:
Dan v Michael : The actual most important/interesting fight on the card. I love these Bellator experiments. My pick? Michael Chandler
Jessica v Joanne: I don't really care how this ends but if I had to throw my hat in. Then I guess it would be Jessica though Joanne appears to have more to lose.
Khalil v Marcin: Tough call but I will put my money on Marcin. Back against the wall being 3 losses in a row. Khalil also gets dusted early and will likely be the case here.
Marina v Amanda: Amanda. I cannot go against Amanda. 100% biased and I do not care.

That laugh is fucking horrific. My cats ran out the room so fast they left their fur.

I'm currently burying my ears in the garden.

I want Dustin to win and I think physically he is more than capable but i dunno...he looks too buddy buddy with Conor as in genuinely like Cowboy was while Conor on the other hand is that backstabbing friend. He will say all the nice things you want to hear but he will fuck you up. I feel like thats his new mental trick, to make you feel comfortable and like him so you dont go in aggressively. Hope I'm wrong.

Ionian

I'm not very much into UFC (watch KO vids occasionally) but I thought Conor retired?

Gonna try to watch it, he's a funny lad and I like how he kicks peoples' asses.

Yeah he's retired at least 3 times now.

He knows he'll get a bigger purse if he does it and it always works. Just can't believe him anymore.

He just wants to have time to blow his money, does and then comes back.

mekes

Conors fight to lose. He is at least world class in one or 2 areas, those being measuring distance and landing. Dustin on the other hand, is well rounded. Dustin would have to fight very smart and win on points to win this fight imo. Which I think also means he would have to run for 2 rounds and not engage too much to even have a shot.

I feel theres a much higher chance that Conor starches Dustin than Dustin winning in any fashion. Dustin has skills but lacks fight IQ compared to Conor.

Connor wins half way through round 2 imo. I'll be surprised if it ends up being competitive.

Yoboman

Conor looks the most fit, invigorated and fresh i can remember him. Who knew closing all the bars and forcing him to live in isolation for a year would have such a positive effect lol.

Nice McGregor is refreshing but I do miss the epic shit talking

Poirier has looked strangely nervous which isn't a good sign has he will need to start strong to get into the later rounds where he could even the odds

Yoboman

Time for picks:

I love her she is so cute

INC

Bold prediction: this one will go longer than Conor vs Donald Cerrone.

Lol

Poirier is a slugger who can take a lot of damage, I dont think conor will go for early finish, leg chopping against dustin and keep on the outside was working for hooker, dustin just had the cardio to out slug him

Conor cardio has always been an issue, 3rd round I reckon is conor last all out round

Looking forward to this fight, gonna very interesting

Last edited:
Top Bottom