• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 260: Miocic vs. Ngannou 2

Miocic or Ngannou?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EvMSFUFVoAQKFoA.jpg

Volkanoski was positive for rona, so fight will get rescheduled. Last chance for Woodley I think. He needs a spectacular win or its goodbye. I'm rooting for Ngannou, new HW champ is needed. O'malleys 0 on the line again. I'll be watching this ppv on Khabibs stream.

lrUkzSZ.jpg

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Have to go with Stipe he’s averaging more punches landed per round and we all know he can defend he’s long and strong the complete package that for some reason people won’t get behind and have already declared Francis an all time great.

Arkam

This is Stipes fight to lose. He needs just play it conservative and not get caught by Ngannou. Play the points game and get the decision (again)

But hey you never know, sometimes people just want to bang. Which if it devolves to that I say Ngannou catches him and turns the lights out.

Irobot82 Irobot82 yeh he returns.

Have to go with Stipe he’s averaging more punches landed per round and we all know he can defend he’s long and strong the complete package that for some reason people won’t get behind and have already declared Francis an all time great.
Not at all. I like both, Francis a little more. Stipe is good & has the tools to beat jj, atm though rooting for Ngannou.

Irobot82

Irobot82 Irobot82 yeh he returns.

Not at all. I like both, Francis a little more. Stipe is good & has the tools to beat jj, atm though rooting for Ngannou.

I don't know how to feel about him anymore. I think he is super talented. I think he got injured and lost his fight. I don't think he lost necessarily because Vera was better. The fact that he refuses to believe he lost. Kinda puts me off.

manfestival

This is one of the rare cases where I think it doesn't matter who wins because they're both so likeable. Francis came off as kinda douche in the first fight saying stipe was afraid of him lmao but ok.
This is my kinda take.

I voted for Francis and would prefer for him to win. Stipe seems like he is on the verge of retiring. Both fighters have made huge improvements across the board. Francis just needs more refinement in his style. Just hard to push for that since he is so freakishly strong that the refinement is only demanded against a handful of fighters.

Woodley Vs Luque : I will be cheering for Luque. I feel like Woodley is only ranked as high as he is because of the respect he has as a champion that at least defended his belt.
Omalley vs Almeida: Omalley was humbled but not sure if Almeida can pull off the upset. I think Omalley wins this
Don't care about the rest of the main card. Would rather watch the prelims

Eric187

Banned
Gonna go with Stipe on this one. As much as Francais has improved he still seems behind Stipe when it comes to fight IQ and grappling ability. If his cardio is better then there first fight, and it should be, maybe he’ll still have a punchers chance going into the later rounds. As always though all it takes is one punch with men of this size so it’s always interesting.

I don't know how to feel about him anymore. I think he is super talented. I think he got injured and lost his fight. I don't think he lost necessarily because Vera was better. The fact that he refuses to believe he lost. Kinda puts me off.
This aint the first time this has happened to him, the dudes legs are super frail. He should move up a weight class and put some muscle on those legs but he wants to continue fighting guys that he has a reach advantage over. He's gonna get leg kicked to hell and back every fight he's in now, it don't matter how talented he is if his body can't take it. He can probably still run through lower ranked guys by getting quick KOs, but I don't see him getting far once he faces the upper fighters.

Irobot82

This aint the first time this has happened to him, the dudes legs are super frail. He should move up a weight class and put some muscle on those legs but he wants to continue fighting guys that he has a reach advantage over. He's gonna get leg kicked to hell and back every fight he's in now, it don't matter how talented he is if his body can't take it. He can probably still run through lower ranked guys by getting quick KOs, but I don't see him getting far once he faces the upper fighters.
That's right he had that fight that went full rounds and he was on his back in the end because he injured himself.

That's right he had that fight that went full rounds and he was on his back in the end because he injured himself.
I still can't believe his opponent took him down when he only had one leg, the most mentally handicapped person I've ever seen. I remember the commentators screaming at how stupid he was. If his opponent had half a brain that would have been O'Malley's first loss.

GymWolf

Stipe vs ngannou is basically the wilder vs fury of mma.

I root for stipe but it is an hard match to win against a guy who can end everything with a punch, and not even a perfect one, he fucked up rozenstruik with a worst technique than that boxer kangaroo on yt...

sharkie

Does anyone think Jon Jones can beat either one?

Jon is a better striker then stipe because of his reach as he is a standard distance point fighter with a patient game plan (which tbh for me his patience in his game plan is key) and his natural length is really what made upending his title so difficult (and a poor talent pool helps) and when it comes to wrestling Jon has the experience and a long frame, when it comes to nagannou it all depends on what he learned from the first stipe fight and can he keep his focus when things don't turn out as he wanted, I think the best for nagannou is to keep distance vary shots (head,body legs) so his opponent cant easily predict him (he's a known head hunter, if you have that power why not) he should wait for shoots and sprawl to keep that weight on them tire them out to later rounds, and when the opponent gets tired trying to take you down a few rounds then go for that explosive power he is known for, but all these variables are easy to say because once your under those lights and in that cage and its mano el mano the mind can be your biggest enemy which is why experience and familiarity is just as important as strength and the amount of power you can generate.

manfestival

The guy literally doesn't accept the loss and says he is still undefeated. How is that being humbled lol. I hope he gets beat again. The guy burned out so fast.
Well he is a douche and that is what douchebags do but that L always humbles. Just like Conor. Though it took a few Ls for him to calm down. Every L humbled him, little by little. He still has a ways to go before he is good enough to be champ. Almeida is a great test. Vera was a great test of this too lol.

sharkie

Well he is a douche and that is what douchebags do but that L always humbles. Just like Conor. Though it took a few Ls for him to calm down. Every L humbled him, little by little. He still has a ways to go before he is good enough to be champ. Almeida is a great test. Vera was a great test of this too lol.
yeah im frustrated with sean too, I wanna be a fan as he is a flow style fighter which are always fun to watch, most of his die hard fans are straight up stoners :messenger_grinning_sweat: so his act is even more puzzling he just needs to be the chill fun goofey likable guy that he can sometimes be and not focus on his ego as much cause as you said its douchey, he's young he has time.

Last edited:

mxbison

I'm rooting for Frank, the HW division could really use some new fire after 4 years of Stipe vs DC.

If I had to put money on it I'd probably bet on Stipe though. Ngannou probably takes a more cautious approach and I don't think that's a good road to victory for him. Needs to look for that early kill shot as usual.

Now I don't know much about all this, but I did catch that first fight, saw some vids about it. Never even heard about Stipe.

I got the idea that Nannou was sort of new to fighting. Now that he has more xp, I'm thinking he could be rather unstoppable.

GymWolf

Dana White's fatass creeping in between the two fighters every time they do this and checking out their facial features and bodies is getting pretty cringe.
He search for signs of an imminent fight so he can stop one between francis and stipe (or both) with his strenght...

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Francis is still the same weight so I think he's probably going to just rely on his explosiveness/power and go for the KO early in the match. I think he'd be smaller if he improved his cardio/endurance like Stipe. If Stipe can endure the first couple rounds, then I think the odds are going to be in Stipe's favor. He will grapple and try to make Francis tired and just go for the decision probably which I don't mind, but still even one punch in that last round by a heavyweight is usually enough to KO an opponent haha so it'll be interesting to see how the fight unfolds. My last expectation is that Stipe KOs Francis by you never know it could it happen haha.

sharkie

Refs are there to protect the fighter, to allow a guy that was obviously finished at the begining of the round to be full mounted and beaten to a pulp for 4 and half mins in the same spot then stop it 4 secs from the end of the 3rd round is the most shockingly amatuer shit ive seen for yearsssss , this is what you get when athletic commisions are run by a bunch of cronies.

Top Bottom