• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight Night:Silva Vs Bisping - Fight pass 1pm PT/4pm ET/9pm GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

In the beginning of the 4th round Bisping could hardly stand up and Silva let him off the hook by doing nothing. I don't see how he could be happy with this loss because he had ever opportunity to win it.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
In the beginning of the 4th round Bisping could hardly stand up and Silva let him off the hook by doing nothing. I don't see how he could be happy with this loss because he had ever opportunity to win it.

Silva was scared of getting tagged that's why he didn't finish. Bisping put him on jelly legs in round 1 and 2.

How can anyone score round 4 for Anderson? He literally stood still for 75% of it. People are bitching about the third round, but I'm willing to bet the deciding factor was the fourth, not the third.

jeffram

When are they going to make a change to the scoring system? Bisping got his ass kicked but won. The scoring system promotes control rather than damage.

mekes

Sense that Silva could have won it, its like he doesn't know how the UFC scoring works. He didn't stay active enough. Phenomenally talented tho, was a pleasure to watch him as always. I think he still has fight left in him but not enough for the belt.

Mr Croft

naw he's trying to be roy jones jr but he's failed miserably.

Huh? silva has some of the best knockouts in ufc. I'm a bit confused here if you are saying he has failed in his career then you are wrong. If you are talking about tonight then yes you are correct. He is 40 now his reaction time isn't what it used to be and it's very sad to see great talent dwindle with age

Heel

The ref never said stop.

Pretty sure he did, although I suppose the timing of it can be debated.

Even barring that, it was a strike landed against an opponent with a (foolishly) lowered guard, and one of the very few you can point to in the span of 25 minutes.

Safe to say it's time for Anderson to hang them up. Bisping can follow along.

SRTtoZ

Guys, point system aside, if these 2 guys went into a room and fought and came out looking the way they did at the end of the fight, would there be any question as to who won that fight? Silva looked like he could go another 5 rounds, Bisping looked like he was on the verge of death. So yea technically Bipsing won the fight, good on him but Silva beat his ass and didn't even throw a punch for the first 2 rounds. And Dean never stopped the fight, Bisping should know better as a veteran of the sport AND an analyst.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Guys, point system aside, if these 2 guys went into a room and fought and came out looking the way they did at the end of the fight, would there be any question as to who won that fight? Silva looked like he could go another 5 rounds, Bisping looked like he was on the verge of death. So yea technically Bipsing won the fight, good on him but Silva beat his ass and didn't even throw a punch for the first 2 rounds.

lol

zewone

Bisping won rounds 1, 2, and 4.

Silva looking for the highlight reel KO and lack of urgency cost him the fight.

HabeeNo

Silva gets a K.O on Round 3, dominates 4 and 5, and the refs judge it 48-47 Bisping

If this fight was anywhere but in England and it went the same way, Silva would've won

PR_rambo

Banned
Guys, point system aside, if these 2 guys went into a room and fought and came out looking the way they did at the end of the fight, would there be any question as to who won that fight? Silva looked like he could go another 5 rounds, Bisping looked like he was on the verge of death. So yea technically Bipsing won the fight, good on him but Silva beat his ass and didn't even throw a punch for the first 2 rounds. And Dean never stopped the fight, Bisping should know better as a veteran of the sport AND an analyst.

MMA fans are the silliest

sammex

Mad fight, can't believe Bisping won.

Oh and now we know where The Expanse got the idea for Miller's hair cut - Dan Hardy.

CcQk0X-WEAAH-Y9.jpg

CcQi06WWoAASAcU.jpg

Macattk15

pretty sure he did

He did.

Off-topic , Alexa is from my hometown.

Pretty sure he did, although I suppose the timing of it can be debated.

Even barring that, it was a strike landed against an opponent with a (foolishly) lowered guard, and one of the very few you can point to in the span of 25 minutes.

Safe to say it's time for Anderson to hang them up. Bisping can follow along.

https://streamable.com/l2az

Nah. Herb said keep fighting.

I actually find it hilarious when people discredit what Silva has done in his career. The most dominating fighter over the past 10 years.

Jones may be able to replicate that. I would say Conor but I can see him in there for another 2 years max. Silva was incredible. Time to give it up now though.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I actually find it hilarious when people discredit what Silva has done in his career. The most dominating fighter over the past 10 years.

Jones may be able to replicate that. I would say Conor but I can see him in there for another 2 years max. Silva was incredible. Time to give it up now though.

Silva got caught juiced to the gills on steroids. His whole career is an asterisk just like Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, etc. etc.

Anderson made his legacy fighting cans in the UFC. Prior to that, he was a rich man's Pele who was repeatedly exposed in Pride by fighters such as Ryo Chonan and Daiju Takase. It's no coincidence he started winning big once he no longer had to face Japanese fighters of this calibre.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah, in hindsight, prob a good decision. Silvacreally should have played less against the cage and pushed his advantage after hurting the count. Funny enough, he's gotten this same criticism most of his career. Oh well, he's still got enough to be entertaining and this was a hell of a fight. All I can ask for.

zewone

Anderson made his legacy fighting cans in the UFC. Prior to that, he was a rich man's Pele who was repeatedly exposed in Pride by fighters such as Ryo Chonan and Daiju Takase. It's no coincidence he started winning big once he no longer had to face Japanese fighters of this calibre.

Wait..are you calling Ryo Chonan a world beater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom