• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ugly A$$ Home Made MAME Cabinets

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hmm, most of the cabinets aren't that bad, and the guy isn't funny.

Kevtones

Its not a MAME cabinet, but I snagged a GBA SP store demo unit (the ones with the backing and stuff so they can hook up to a wall) and I'm trying to install it beside my toilet next week.

Edit: I want a Pac-Matt bad.

Come on people. Most of those cabinets are atrocious. The guy critiquing them maybe a bit raw but he has his moments.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Mame cabinets are by default ghetto. Critiquing them for not being professional looking breaks the freaking nerd scale.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Mr_Furious said:
Come on people. Most of those cabinets are atrocious. The guy critiquing them maybe a bit raw but he has his moments.

Some are pretty ugly, but the guy hasn't had one moment. Not one.

belgurdo

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
why do so many of them have likea million buttons? WTF is wrong with Mame enthusiasts?

Not every game is TMNT, and some are built with pinball support/lefties/multiple players in mind

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the whole maddox thing - so anyone who critiques something and swears = maddox?

come on now! I'm pretty sure lots of people were doing that _before_ maddox!

Jerkface

Banned
He has a point with most of them, these people obviously have the skill to put them together but seem to lack common sense when it comes to controls or useability.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
RevenantKioku said:
Hmm, most of the cabinets aren't that bad, and the guy isn't funny.
I'll give you that the guy isn't all that funny. All the comedy comes from the HORRID designs. Yes, most of the cabinets ARE that bad. I wanted to make a cabinet for myself someday and I sure hope I'm much more successful than these guys.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I just wanted to beat up the comment writer by the fourth page.

Oh wait, I'm sorry. Let me add some humor to that sentence.

I just wanted to fucking beat the fucking SHIT out of the FUCKTARD who wrote this HORSE SHIT they call "comments" by the fourth page.

Seriously, great concept, flawed execution.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
iapetus said:
He's very much like Maddox in that respect.

<3

This guy, like Maddox, thinks that people reading pure non-stylized satire is inherently funny. Surprise, little Mr. Swift, it isn't.

SKOPE

Ninja Scooter said:
why do so many of them have likea million buttons?
Engineers tend to think you need one button per function.

Engineers, especially amateur engineers, have never been known for their design skills.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The best is, if you get to the end page, he has a little page where he talks about the feedback he receives. And one of them is this:

4. Lamer maddox wannabe!

* Believe it or not, I had never heard of maddox when I made these pages. I have seen his page now, and I must admit. That's pretty fucking uncanny. COINCIDENTAL, but uncanny.

:lol

nexes

I'm building a MAME cabinet in my engineering design class (high school senior course, not college), and even my cab is coming out better than those. I mean, come on, that some of these people could even design something that terrible is embarassing, let alone the nice little "personal touches" (tape and zip ties, what the hell?)

Also, plywood has gotten horribly expensive. What the hell is up with that?

icecap

Banned
msstacie.jpg
tallwb.jpg

2 worst ones... fucking pathetic

These cabinets look like something that seemed like a good idea when they strarted building them, but these people probably gave up halfway through and half-assed it just to get done.

074-compFinalJoysticks.jpg

machinemed.jpg

Top Bottom