• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uh, I guess this is the official EGM thread now. Or something.

Baron Aloha said:
This rumor gets printed somewhere every year but I think it has a good chance of happening now because next year is the 20th anniversary of the SF series.

Oh crap, you're right. I completely forgot all about that.

Please be true, I want to see gorgeous 2D art in HD, animation that will put SF3 to shame, online play, and *gasp* at least one new special move for Ryu :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
I sort of agree about the map thing. I wouldn't dock a whole lot of points for it, but I'd agree with that the layout of the areas is really really confusing for a while. I had no clue how to get around in the early missions and the map sure didn't help.
it hardly game breaking like they seem to suggest with those scores, while the level structure resembles those of a castlevania or metroid games the way the game is designed you dont really need a map. no megaman game has ever had an indepth (at least the 2d ones) map I mean it's ****ing megaman ffs, rooms mostly consist of going from point A to B. you dont need a map for that. I think it's a stupid complaint really.

the 'map' in the game is just to inform the player in which area the player is and also it tells the player in which specific part of that area he/she is playing, that's all the info you need imo.

I never had any problems with the 'map'

Bebpo

Banned
Error2k4 said:
it hardly game breaking like they seem to suggest with those scores, while the level structure resembles those of a castlevania or metroid games the way the game is designed you dont really need a map. no megaman game has ever had an indepth (at least the 2d ones) map I mean it's ****ing megaman ffs, rooms mostly consist of going from point A to B. you dont need a map for that. I think it's a stupid complaint really.

the 'map' in the game is just to inform the player in which area the player is and also it tells the player in which specific part of that area he/she is playing, that's all the info you need imo.

I never had any problems with the 'map'

That's the thing, you shouldn't NEED a map to play a Megaman game. They're just supposed to be about moving from left to right while taking out enemies and making jumps. But in ZX you need to go up, down, left, right, and all over the place to get to the missions people tell you about. It plays like Metroidvania and so a good Metroidvania map is needed.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wtf @ megaman zx scores. did the zero games score any better? the zero games rock. and is egm on some sort of sick campaign to exterminate action platformers?

OG_Original Gamer said:
Any new info or images? Whats coming for the Nov issue?

I don't follow Raving Rabbids news so i wouldn't know what's new or no. On tap for the November issue:

- Exclusive hands-on with Gears of War (multiplayer and single player).
- How to land a job as a designer.
- PS3 and Wii game coverage, they mention Warhawk, Wii Sports, Heavenly Sword, and Prime 3.

Previews
- Wii Sports
- Lair
- Cipher Complex
- Warhawk
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Reviews
- Just Cause
- Destroy All Humans! 2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Crackdown
- Gangs of London

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
drohne said:
wtf @ megaman zx scores. did the zero games score any better? the zero games rock. and is egm on some sort of sick campaign to exterminate action platformers?
Zero games scored pretty low too, those complaints are retarded really I played the game and I didnt have any problems with any of those things they mentioned.

drohne said:

The highest score was MMZ1 which had an average of 8. Everything is 7 or less...

Domo-Kun

Contact
Good: Interesting story keeps you coming back for more.
Bad: Badly in need of a quest log or hint system.

I can attest to the need for a quest log or hint system, as I've faced a great deal of trial and error, but the 7's are a little harsh imo.

mollipen

_leech_ said:
Rule of Rose: 4.5 | 5.0 | 4.0

I knew RoR was going to get raped... I'll have to check the issue out to see what they said about it. I'm also curious to see how the other mags end up scoring it.

I'll probably end up being the person to give it the highest score out there, and that'll no doubt be my induction into the "Play scores things too high" club. *heh* Oh well, I don't care.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
The inclusion of Alice in Chains and Nirvana probably means that we won't get any Soundgarden or Pearl Jam :(

:(

LAMB OF GOD "Laid to rest" is on Guitar Hero II? Fukcing awesome! That's one of the best metal songs in the recent wave of releases. Too bad there's no Chimaira or Ill Nino in there. Really, most of the songs do nothing for me, but there's a handful I really like. Butthole Surfers is an awesome addition. That song is CLASSIC.

What kinda scores did Just Cause get?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Dr. Strangelove said:
Avenged Sevenfold? :lol

why is that :lol worthy? the guitar in that particular song is great.

but onto another matter: EGM is a complete piece of shit.

im really tired of how unfairly hard they are on games. it's like they give mediocre scores to great games (hello ZX and UGnG -- now that i've played it and realized it's not nostalgia blinding people who like it) just to stand out.

Enchanted Arms: 7.5 | 5.5 | 6.5

not too bad of an offense, but the 7.5 is the correct one imo.

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy: 6.5

are you kidding me? a 6.5? i'd love to read their text on how it's not just as good as the first one. is it too "basic"?

Star Fox Command: 6.0 | 6.5 | 7.0

the game is awesome. a 6.0? come on.

Megaman ZX: 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.5

the best proof that EGM is complete bullshit now is their mega man reviews. all the way back to "Network Transmission is too hard wah wahh so it gets a 6.5" to now. what did the text for the review say? ZX is probably one of the best in the series since the SNES X series imo.

on that note, to the guy posting the scores: which ones did Parish review? im curious :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Odd, GAF will never be happy with reviews. Either reviews are scored too harshly, or too easily. Back and forth, etc, etc. Reviews good? Accepted. Reviews bad? "I never trust their reviews anyways."

Interesting to observe.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Drinky Crow said:

This is what I want to know about as well

Also, considering the sheisting going on in the x360 version, is it really fair to lump the 360 and the ps2 version together?

3.5? How the hell?

Mrbob

_leech_ said:
I don't follow Raving Rabbids news so i wouldn't know what's new or no. On tap for the November issue:

- PS3 and Wii game coverage, they mention Warhawk, Wii Sports, Heavenly Sword, and Prime 3.

Previews
- Wii Sports
- Lair
- Cipher Complex
- Warhawk
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Reviews
- Just Cause
- Destroy All Humans! 2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Crackdown
- Gangs of London

Crackdown review for Nov? WTF.

Yes 2006 is still a possibility! GOTY BACK ON!

_leech_ said:

Previews
- Wii Sports
- Lair
- Cipher Complex
- Warhawk
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Reviews
- Just Cause
- Destroy All Humans! 2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Crackdown
- Gangs of London

Thanks

tegdf

_leech_ said:

Previews
- Wii Sports
- Lair
- Cipher Complex
- Warhawk
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Reviews
- Just Cause
- Destroy All Humans! 2
- Final Fantasy XII
- Crackdown
- Gangs of London

how the hell can they review it 2 months before it comes out?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kabuki Waq said:
fun? replayability?

Fun- i think theres no doubt that will be there.

Wii sports isn't a sim. I just think people like mrbob who love their sims will probably hate wii sports on that alone.

Bebpo said:
btw, I'm surprised the main issue of the rumors section discussion isn't revolving around PSP developers dropping support. If true, PSP is gonna become the next Dreamcast.

I was thinking the same thing - especially after how every single monthly sales thread devolves into DS vs. PSP fanboi bickering.

Top Bottom