• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK Charts for the week

ioi

Banned
Gaybrush Threepio said:
Errr....I think you'll find that France are the only country that have sold more Animal Crossings than the UK in Europe, and only because they love weird looking animals with oversize heads :)

We're very happy with Animal Crossings continuous good sales - the TV campaign finishes this week, so it'll be interesting to see how it continues........

Numbers numbers Gaybrush, another 15k this week?

Gaybrush Threepio said:
I don't set the prices, no need for the aggression please.

I agree that Tetris DS may be a little overpriced at £30, but that hasn't stopped it getting very good reviews, and it the Nintendo WiFi Connection costs money to run, so although we don't charge for the service, we have to cover at least some of the costs from the sales of the games that use it.

YOU NEED MONEY

HAHA you got a LOL from me!
Nintendo have more money at their disposal than a small country. It got a budget release in the USA and the price MORE than doubled here. Cut us some slack Gaybrush, i'm one of the biggest 26yr old Nintendorks in the world, but when someone deserves a slap, they get one. I know you didn't set the price, but you can certainly tell the guy who did, regardless of the great reviews, if a game aint priced right for what you get you won't sell.

Sell 10,000 at £20 and you make as much money as selling 6666 (or there abouts) at £30

DefectiveReject said:
YOU NEED MONEY

Sell 10,000 at £20 and you make as much money as selling 6666 (or there abouts) at £30

Among other things, the cost of the game and service to run Wi-Fi would have to be less than the revenue in order for this to work.

Do you know how much the cost and serivce is?
A company isn't going to just put a game out there and break even most of the game. They would like to make as much profit they can, so charging a price now might would pull in the people that want the game now and a price drop later would pull in people that didn't get the game. By then, I'm sure the company would hope that the game has sold enough units to cover the development and a price drop wouldn't hurt the company as much.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gaybrush Threepio said:
I agree that Tetris DS may be a little overpriced at £30, but that hasn't stopped it getting very good reviews

But most game reviewers get their games for free. ;)
So I hardly think a high price-point bothers them (and I doubt many game reviewers take the price into account when reviewing the game, at least not to the same degree as people who have to pay for the game).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DefectiveReject said:
It got a budget release in the USA
No it didn't. Budget games are $20 US, Tetris DS was $30 US.

Yes, it's still more expensive in the UK but that's because you guys are screwed by every publisher.

Xrenity

Gaybrush Threepio said:
and it the Nintendo WiFi Connection costs money to run, so although we don't charge for the service, we have to cover at least some of the costs from the sales of the games that use it.
Tell that to NoA :\

DSXBoy

Gaybrush Threepio said:
I don't set the prices, no need for the aggression please.

I agree that Tetris DS may be a little overpriced at £30, but that hasn't stopped it getting very good reviews, and it the Nintendo WiFi Connection costs money to run, so although we don't charge for the service, we have to cover at least some of the costs from the sales of the games that use it.

Tetris DS is 25% overpriced in UK compared to Japan - 3800yen for Tetris DS (out 27 April) v 4800yen full game price (Nintendo games).

Doesn't it cost NOJ to run the WiFi connection service?

Top Bottom