• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Crackdown 3 Sales are WAY Down - Only 10% of Crackdown 2 Sales (exc. PC, gamepass, digital)

Elenchus

Banned
Nope im not. Why would you want a semi-beloved franchise to fail and not get sequels? Like i said only xbox fans can spin it, glad i cleared that up.:messenger_sunglasses:

Because...I’m not a fan of Sumo. Did you actually read my post before you responded? Doesn’t seem like you did. Read it again. 😉

demigod

Because...I’m not a fan of Sumo. Did you actually read my post before you responded? Doesn’t seem like you did. Read it again. 😉

Sumo doesn’t own the IP cupcake.:messenger_winking: The next installment could go to any developer. Actually it might’ve just stayed with Ruffian Games. Its not cheap to hire 2 different studios.

TLZ

Banned
Honestly though, was Crackdown ever really that popular in the first place? Also, not trying to start anything, but aren’t most of the Xbox demographic very finicky and particular in which games they purchase? If games such as Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break and Recore can’t sell millions and millions, why was everyone expecting a miracle from Crackdown 3?
I'm not sure. I remember playing Crackdown when it first came out and really enjoyed it, and people laughed at me. Ever since, I got the impression it's not a good game to the masses, but one I really enjoyed.

Honestly though, was Crackdown ever really that popular in the first place? Also, not trying to start anything, but aren’t most of the Xbox demographic very finicky and particular in which games they purchase? If games such as Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break and Recore can’t sell millions and millions, why was everyone expecting a miracle from Crackdown 3?
All those games didn't sell because they were bad - like Crackdown 3.

ethomaz

Banned
When you try to report sales figures, and omit half the data because you have no access to it, stupid shit like this comes around,.

The game buying public is not the same ones buying then, and using only physical is a piss poor way to prove it.

That’s why every single UK sales “report” come out looking like nobody is selling any games ever.

It’s time to stop using them as reference until they get the digital thing sorted out,
The opposite UK retail data continues giving a good view of the market... you are comparing retail to retail that won’t affect the overall result too much.

UK is one of the countries with the lowest digital ratio too... only Japan from the know data is lower than it.

So what difference has between 4000 units physical or bring overoptimistic 6000 units physical + digital in that case?

Even 10k sales is considered abysmal poor sales and only 25% of CD2 physical.

Digital is not a miracle that save game sales.

Last edited:

-MD-

The only people expecting Crackdown 3 to do well were highly delusional.

The first game was the only one that was even remotely popular and it was almost entirely because it was attached to the Halo 3 beta, it's the only reason anyone even bought it. Crackdown 2 massively flopped and 3 did even worse.

thelastword

Banned
Are you trying to get Sarah Huckabee's job?
Ha, that post you quoted, didn't even see it...Hilarious tbh....

Someone literally cited an article where Phil Spencer said that Gamepass helps boost sales. However, the case with Crackdown 3 appears to be an exception to the rule that Phil established even if we were to give the game a rather generous digital split.
Spencer's theory has never been proven, you need data and stats to prove that, which MS themselves no longer give.....So it's very easy to say, your game is doing better or it's selling better than any game in the franchise, when you're not quantifying it....

Has any gamepass game done 3-6 months on the NPD's top 10? Did SOD2 , SOT continue to sell consistently (say like crash bandicoot?)...Did Forza Horizon4 continue to make the NPD top 10 for months ongoing? Or other lists in Europe for weeks upon weeks and months ongoing?.....I think these are the stats you need.....When MS gives numbers they only give number of persons who played, persons who just start the game, and that covers PC too.....So of course gamepass covers the majority of said persons, especially with all those trials, discounts every other day and this current $1 dollar deal.....We don't even know for sure if they include demo numbers too, we know for sure that gamepass can be shared, do they count all the accounts that share gamepass, very likely........Didn't an X fan just post 3 million players testing crackdown 3 for load or some such some days ago.....even after the game went live? It's all MS does, they don't give numbers.......It's the same way they can say, we're selling above expectations.....Then you ask, what were your expectations, even that is not divulged....

Even Jump Force sold more than Letdown 3, it brings a tear to my eyes. Unlike some of these fake xbox fans defending their game and gamepassing it, I actually bought Jump Force in the US.
76% on PS4 too, well jumpforce always had more appeal with it's characters, but I get your point all too well.....So much hype for CD3 and nobody is puttiing their money where their mouth is.....All these XBOX's and XBOX fans, talking about the most fun they've had, then support the devs with your $60.00, so Sumo can bring you more of that greatness.....

azz0r

Banned
Wait for e3
Wait for the X to arrive
Wait for digital numbers
Wait for next gen

Xbox fabs sure do love waiting.
Anything to protect themselves from the truth; game flopped hard.

Deal with it, its not paying your bills.

Last edited:
Playing and loving Crackdown 3 but I didn't buy it as it's on Gamepass. That has to be true for a lot of people I would have thought. Would those people have bought it if it weren't on Gamepass? Not all of them, of course not. Some for sure and as word of mouth among gamers who have played the game spreads that it's really not the shitfest the games press would have you believe, I reckon other gamers would start to pick it up too.

DanielsM

Banned
Wait for e3
Wait for the X to arrive
Wait for digital numbers
Wait for next gen

Xbox fabs sure do love waiting.

You know what is funny about those sayings - exactly what developers say about Microsoft. The joke for Windows Phone developers for many years was -

"Wait till BUILD" from Microsoft
"Wait till next BUILD"
"We'll have more on that in the future, but nothing to announce today"

Everyone knew it was going to be shutdown when Microsoft stopped saying it.

Elenchus

Banned
Sumo doesn’t own the IP cupcake.:messenger_winking: The next installment could go to any developer. Actually it might’ve just stayed with Ruffian Games. Its not cheap to hire 2 different studios.

Don’t care for the IP either. No matter how YOU spin it, those dollars are going elsewhere. Relationship with Ruffian and Sumo is done. And I’m glad to see them go. 🤷‍♂️

thelastword

Banned
Well according to some extrapolation, Crackdown sold 4K copies in the UK at $60...>So at least it did 4k 60 there....

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...ls-10-of-crackdown-2s-sales-on-the--33452387/

Then we have this...

Crackdown 3 crash lands to under £30 already
Now that's cheap, Agent.

Less than a week after release, Crackdown 3 is already seeing a drop in price that brings it down to less than £30 on Xbox One.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-21-crackdown-3-crash-lands-to-under-gbp30-already

Stuart360

For retail? Thought there was a price war. Not talking about digital.
It depends on the game (and the store obviously), but you were right, they are usually in the £35-£50 range. Dont know how much Crackdown was in stores.

Last edited:
Top Bottom