• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Crackdown 3 Sales are WAY Down - Only 10% of Crackdown 2 Sales (exc. PC, gamepass, digital)

xStoyax

Banned
Crackdown 3 sales are only 10% of Crackdown 2 sales during launch week. Meaning that Crackdown 3 only sold 4,000 units in the UK which is Microsoft's second biggest stronghold. While Far Cry came in at #1 and Metro Exodus came in at #2, Crackdown 3 didn't even break the top 10 and came in at #13.

And if you're gonna blame digital sales for the huge decline, it's worth mentioning that Metro Exodus, which was only 2K sales behind #1 has sold 50% More than Metro Light did at launch.

Sales Chart

VertigoOA

Banned
I wouldn’t put too much weight into uk retail as digital has shown to make up to 50% of sales. Then considering gamespass... and then considering this game looks like leftovers from the Mountain Dew era of gaming.

No one is gonna care about this game... ever

Last edited:
Crackdown 2 released on a Tuesday back when digital hadn't taken off yet and Gamepass didn't exist.

Crackdown 3 launched on a Friday in an era of digital copies and Gamepass.

Why are there so many Crackdown hate threads? Can't you people keep it in one? How much attention do you plan to shine on a game "nobody cares about"?

Stuart360

Crackdown 2 released on a Tuesday back when digital hadn't taken off yet and Gamepass didn't exist.

Why are there so many Crackdown hate threads? Can't you people keep it in one? How much attention do you plan to shine on a game "nobody cares about"?
I said the same yesterday. I mean i could understand it if it was Halo Infinite that had reviewed badly and flopped, but Crackdown?. I guess fanboys will be fanboys.

onQ123

Reporting the sales is a hate thread now?

Stuart360

I'm more surprised at Far Cry coming in at no.1, i would of thought Metro would of took that for sure. Hopefully the controversy surrounding the whole Epic Store fiasco is having an effect.

Stuart360

Reporting the sales is a hate thread now?
Its a trolling thread, like 90% of the 500 Crackdown threads currently on here. This part of the ops post shows that - And if you're gonna blame digital sales for the huge decline,
and his post above mine.

Gamezone

Gold Member
The game is free through Game Pass, and physical media is way down compared to when Crackdown 2 was released.

Bird Box didn’t sell any movie tickets. It must not have been a success for Netflix.

Crackdown only sold x copies. It must not have been a success for Microsoft and game pass.

/s

Stuart360

The game is free through Game Pass, and physical media is way down compared to when Crackdown 2 was released.
The game has flopped, no doubt about it, but even if Crackdown 3 had a 99% rating, i doubt it would of sold much. The 2nd game was bad by alla ccounts, and the first game was nothing more than a cult favorite, a cult favorite from near 15 years ago.

I wouldn’t put too much weight into uk retail as digital has shown to make up to 50% of sales. Then considering gamespass... and then considering this game looks like leftovers from the Mountain Dew era of gaming.

No one is gonna care about this game... ever
Even if we doubled Crackdown 3's sales, then it will still only comprise of 20% of Crackdown 2's first week sales.

onQ123

Its a trolling thread, like 90% of the 500 Crackdown threads currently on here. This part of the ops post shows that - And if you're gonna blame digital sales for the huge decline,
and his post above mine.

So if the sales was 90% higher & you was reporting the news you wouldn't have mentioned the fact that it did this much better even without counting the digital sales?

Stuart360

So if the sales was 90% higher & you was reporting the news you wouldn't have mentioned the fact that it did this much better even without counting the digital sales?
Well i wouldnt be reporting anything, i dont care about Crackdown. I DO care about the fact that Crackdown seems to suddenly be so popular recently, and everyone iseems to be devistated over the game. A bit like how everyone seems to be huge Scalebound fans for some reason.

onQ123

Well i wouldnt be reporting anything, i dont care about Crackdown. I DO care about the fact that Crackdown seems to suddenly be so popular recently, and everyone iseems to be devistated over the game. A bit like how everyone seems to be huge Scalebound fans for some reason.

You care enough to call a sales report thread a hate thread

Stuart360

You care enough to call a sales report thread a hate thread
It wasn't me that said that, i said it was a trolling thread, which it is, and you know it is. A trolling thread infested by the same 5 or 6 users with their concern and drive by trolling, that you get in every Crackdown and Xbox related thread.

There’s a gap in tracking data as others have pointed out because digital can’t be reliably measured. Toss-in the inclusion of GP and players bypassing the metrics entirely makes it near impossible to know how CD3 is performing.

But clearly, it cannot be good. This is perhaps rock bottom for MS as a publisher. And if not - if it does get worse - Phil Spencer must bear the bulk of the blame (and TBH, he probably deserves more blowback than he has gotten for the past 2 years, but Xbox fans are just so relieved it’s not Mattrick that they’re excusing him).

onQ123

It wasn't me that said that, i said it was a trolling thread, which it is, and you know it is. A trolling thread infested by the same 5 or 6 users with their concern and drive by trolling, that you get in every Crackdown and Xbox related thread.

Oh sorry when you replied I thought it was the person I quoted

Geki-D

Banned
Someone, somewhere tried to get a Hungarian Imported seasoned crow dinner delivered. I told the waiter to sent it back to the kitchen.

tenor.gif

JCK75

In all fairness how many users have game pass? I mean I'm playing the game but I didn't "Buy" it

Stuart360

In all fairness how many users have game pass? I mean I'm playing the game but I didn't "Buy" it
Nah the game has flopped. There are various factors going against its sales, like Gamepass, but 4000 is pitiful, no mantter the reasons. I just dont understand why people thought this was going to be a great game, and a huge seller.

Nah the game has flopped. There are various factors going against its sales, like Gamepass, but 4000 is pitiful, no mantter the reasons. I just dont understand why people thought this was going to be a great game, and a huge seller.
How is it pitiful when it's (A one day of tracking (B in an Xbox digital landscape that's likely in the 50th percentile and (C available on GamePass which costs a fraction of retail price?

Mental gymnastics my dude, and you're doing a quadruple backflip right now.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
How is it pitiful when it's (A one day of tracking (B in an Xbox digital landscape that's likely in the 50th percentile and (C available on GamePass which costs a fraction of retail price?

Kinda looks like you are the one doing all the gymnastics

onQ123

You're doing exactly what you're saying he did

xStoyax

Banned

One day of tracking....yet it launched the same day Metro Exodus did which almost took the #1 spot.
Yes Digital games have increased...yet again Metro Exodus sales are more than 50% MORE than Metro Last Light was....
Phil Spencer says Game Pass increases sales.

You're argument sounds like you just fell off the balance beam

mejin

MS won’t fool people so easily anymore. Even xbox community is aware of their shit tier productions right now.

So, be smarter MS or people will pass the game.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
A lot of fanboys are curiously interested in Xbox business metrics.

Thanks for keeping us up to speed!

Kinda looks like you are the one doing all the gymnastics
You're doing exactly what you're saying he did
You guys lack any type of logical cohesion.

"Here, we have 500 new cars on our lot, all of them cost $10,000 to buy but you can rent them for two months for $333."

-

"Why are we not selling very many cars?"

Use your heads guys, it's not hard.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
At this point with game pass involved we will never know the real picture and MS PR will eventually come with a positive spin. Tons of ppl will dl it on game pass but tht won't mean shit.

It will be good to see how many new subscribers joined at Crackdown launch and bcus ganepass is so cheap but also to know the drop off or gain the next month. I like stats like that.

Stuart360

Dude read my post history, i'm not a hater, and i'm certainly NOT a Sony fanboy, but the game has sold bad, it doesn't matter what factors are going against it.

Dude read my post history, i'm not a hater, and i'm certainly NOT a Sony fanboy, but the game has sold bad, it doesn't matter what factors are going against it.
But how can you objectively gauge sales with so many mitigating factors that make sales for the game totally unreliable and a frankly worthless goalpost?

Small market, one day of sales data completely excluding digital sales, Play Anywhere which is a huge digital incentive, on a platform with notoriously high digital adoption, a game in which its biggest selling point is an online function, the ability to get the game and play it for $2...

I mean come on...

Last edited:

Stuart360

But how can you objectively gauge sales with so many mitigating factors that make sales for the game totally unreliable and frankly worthless goalpost?

Small market, one day of sales data completely excluding digital sales, Play Anywhere which is a huge digital incentive, on a platform with notoriously high digital adoption, a game in which its biggest selling point is an online function, the ability to get the game and play it for $2...

I mean come on...
Because all those factors (apart from Gamepass insome circumstances) can be labled against every new game, including Far Cry and Metro, both games that hit no.1 and no.2 in the charts, while Crackdown didnt even chart.

Dontero

Banned
Felt like they just kicked this game out the door. Not gonna gamble my money on it

Yeah considering complete lack of PR.

Imho crackdown relied on open world when open world games were scarce now every game is open world and open world alone is not enough to sell your game.

Stuart360

We should probably hold a minutes silence for those 4000 folks who paid £41.99 for Crackdown 3.
To be fair, for what i understand, you will like the game if you liked the first Crackdown, and i'm sure many of those 4000 do like the first Crackdown

Because all those factors (apart from Gamepass insome circumstances) can be labled against every new game, including Far Cry and Metro, both games that hit no.1 and no.2 in the charts, while Crackdown didnt even chart.
Metro and FarCry are not Play Anywhere, they're not online focused games, they're not available for $2.

It's like you glossed over the entire point.

Stuart360

If the next Halo, Gears, or Forza only sell afew thousand as well, then you will have a point, but you know thats not going to happen.

Top Bottom