• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 3 DAY 1 Success: 30fps Co-op fix, Weekly Video Updates from devs about fixes and content, Azure stress test results positive

(Info below taken from both the video and article on main Crackdown website for clarity due to video being slightly rushed with the script (or lack of) and being slightly unclear.)

We are currently working on the current issue with locked 30 FPS for Co-op.
We are working on a patch to add parties to multiplayer.
We are going to have video updates every week, the next is on Tuesday.

Crackdown 3 had a big day one according to the dev information. They have also been actively listening to issues reported by the community and are working to address them as quickly as possible. Video Updates about new content and fixes will be made every week (hopefully less rushed and unclear than todays, luckily there's more info to clarify that one.) They are also working on the 30fps locked frame-rate, and working on fixes for better optimization for the Xbox One X. Multi-player parties are also being worked on.

So all in all a pretty good launch. As they say in the article and the slightly poorly worded in the video, Azure handled everything really well, seems they didn't get to many complaints about performance as everyone jumped in on launch for all MP modes, especially, and arguably most importantly, wrecking zone. So it seems things are stable and in good hands in regards to the servers..

As for those who had pre-ordered their Hungarian Imported seasoned crow dinner, please allow a few hours for your crow to be delivered to your door. :)

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DonF

That's not what they mean. They tested the servers and azure cloud with UP TO 3 MILLION player. It was what they tested as a best case scenario. Not that they had 3 million players day one.

Wtf is this spin?

iconmaster

Banned
That's not what they mean. They tested the servers and azure cloud with UP TO 3 MILLION player. It was what they tested as a best case scenario. Not that they had 3 million players day one.

Wtf is this spin?

Oh wow, you're right. "We ran a lot of technical stress tests leading up to launch, even with player pools of up to three million."

Spid214

Neo Member

Wtf is this spin?
Thank you for clearing this up, because I didn't know we're the 3 million in 24 hours can from.

Wtf is this spin?

Contradicts the article on the website, either that or their mixing things up. I'm sure microsoft will give their own version of the Day 1 status shortly to fully clarify things as usual.

Weekly dev video updates? Is CD3 intended to be some kind of live service or something?

I don't know why this seems strange, they are just updating the community on all the bugs and complaints they have sent in, and talking about upcoming content. Which makes sense since they even admit they didn't want to do too much at launch because they wanted to make sure everything went smoothly.

This is actually better communication than Sea of Thieves.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Been enjoying the single player. It’s not game of the year and has its flaws. . But it’s keeping me entertained. Got 3 hours or so in. Thank god they put it on game pass though. I don’t know if I woulda been happy at 60 bucks.

Hmm, they shifted the website around for some reason. The update video is no longer directly inked and two of the tabs are missing, maybe they are doing some kind of new site update.

Last edited:
When shilling goes wrong.

I wonder where dummy users created to perform a stress test falls on the metric spectrum... Gotta be above bullets fired but definitely below skeletons killed.

DonF

Contradicts the article on the website, either that or their mixing things up. I'm sure microsoft will give their own version of the Day 1 status shortly to fully clarify things as usual.
The devs say it in the video! What is there to clarify? The devs are the official source!

The devs say it in the video! What is there to clarify? The devs are the official source!

Because the article that also released with the video was also from the devs. Which also linked directly to the video.

Currently the video and the article are still on the site but you can no longer directly get to them from the main site for some reason so i'll add the link to the article and video shortly to the OP with the direct link.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Because the article that also released with the video was also from the devs. Which also linked directly to the video.

Currently the video and the article are still on the site but you can no longer directly get to them from the main site for some reason so i'll add the link to the article and video shortly to the OP with the direct link.

Here's the article quote.

LAUNCH DAY UPDATE!

Greetings Agents,

We’re really happy to see so many people jumping into Crackdown 3 and having fun. But we’ve been listening closely to your feedback and wanted to give you an update on three main issues: Xbox party support, Campaign co-op saved games, and locked 30fps for Campaign co-op on PC.

The short answer is: we’re working on all these issues! Please have a look at this video for lots more detail—and please keep your feedback coming. Thank you!

P.S. If you run into any technical difficulties please check out the support page. If you can’t find a fix there head to our discord for more help!

The only million it refers to is in the video where he says, "player pools up to 3 million."

VertigoOA

Banned
Remember when they said bs like this about state of decay?

That game had a life for about two weeks even when it was free

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
It's very clear based on my wording that I said there were two separate articles about the update fixes.

The second of which, now missing, only you have seen.

I’m not calling you a liar; I think you saw what you wanted to see. That does leave this thread without any stable basis for discussion.

VertigoOA

Banned
You mean like when they said gamespass helped state of Decay be a success? That game isn’t even in the top 50 most popular Xbox games.

Lort

Banned
Pls stop having fun everyone!!! Your not supposed to enjoy this videogame!! Also pls stop using gamepass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
99% 7-days trial accounts.

So... How many of those 2,970,000 accounts do you think will sign up for $10 a month? Even if the conversion rate is as low as 10% that's still a huge win for Microsoft as it's another almost $3m in monthly subscriptions.

Calibos

Here we are again. MS isn’t allowed to have anything positive. Usual assholes in here immediately shitting up wherever they can...

Excited to get some communication on the game and I hope the updates roll on. Despite the hate and mediocre reviews, I am loving this wholehearted Crackdown game!

ethomaz

Banned
There is no 3 million players in day one like OP stated...

Why create news that didn’t exists? Where it come from?

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Here we are again. MS isn’t allowed to have anything positive. Usual assholes in here immediately shitting up wherever they can...

Excited to get some communication on the game and I hope the updates roll on. Despite the hate and mediocre reviews, I am loving this wholehearted Crackdown game!

He tells people "your crow to be delivered to your door" and we point out that he was posting false information.

wipeout364

It's a solid game IMO if you want and open world game that combine shooting and platforming, feels old school but not in a bad way to me. I don't think the scores are undeserved but the game feels very responsive on xbox one x. I am happy with what sumo digital delivered based on my 5 hours with the game (solo play only) so far. I am glad they focused on performance and gameplay and didn't try to make it a narrative experience. If you have game pass its a a great game to download, good to see support coming as well.

ethomaz

Banned

Since there is no fake news I see no problem with posits MS news.

demigod

Crackdown 3 be breaking records. I predict they will break another record on how fast a new game goes half price within 3 weeks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Crackdown 3 be breaking records. I predict they will break another record on how fast a new game goes half price within 3 weeks.

Going to have a hard time contending with Shadow of the Tomb Raider

This is the type of low effort, console war incitement that will earn a reply ban. Like it did for me.
According to ms everyone of their products is a successm
But reality is another thing completely.

thelastword

Banned
The bigger question is why would anybody buy Crackdown at $60.00, you get game pass for a $1 or two months for $2 and play your fill, in two months, you won't get many people playing online anyway, so best to get your fill now at $1 and save yourself $59....

LMJ

The bigger question is why would anybody buy Crackdown at $60.00, you get game pass for a $1 or two months for $2 and play your fill, in two months, you won't get many people playing online anyway, so best to get your fill now at $1 and save yourself $59....

thelastword thelastword , as I mentioned in the introduction thread I have been ghosting this forum for a long time, and in that time I have defended you (albeit by myself)and what many people call your trolling, I think you have a deep love of many things Sony possibly even bordering on fanboyism, and enjoy gaming as a whole, but posts and I do believe your posts coming from the way you genuinely feel, howover posts like this one are just worthless...they add nothing.

I personally have addressed many of the downgrade issues for CD3 and agreed there was a downgrade compared to the original showing, regardless of this I'm still enjoying the game very much it's more Crackdown and I love that, and truth be told I think that's a important distinction, one can notice faults and offer criticism but there is a major difference between criticism and just blind fanboy mentality.

Clearly many people are truly enjoying Crackdown 3 myself included, why on Earth would you throw dirt at someone's enjoyment, insulting the game only stirs up Fanboy silliness on all sides,

In regards to your post, I hope Microsoft and Sumo take good care of this game and support it throughout its lifetime I could easily see people playing it months from now, either be it co-op or new modes for multiplayer honestly I'm hoping the reviews didn't hurt any chances for DLC.

ethomaz

Banned
So... How many of those 2,970,000 accounts do you think will sign up for $10 a month? Even if the conversion rate is as low as 10% that's still a huge win for Microsoft as it's another almost $3m in monthly subscriptions.
There is no 2,970,000 accounts... c’mon doesn’t fall by the fake OP.

eot

Banned
Azure lol

Remember that E3 when MS were talking up all their cloud computing crap? Even though they were peddling lies the games press didn't call them out on it, or report it without any kind of critical examination. Now, six years later, this is the only game to even use it for anything and it's just a fancy name for a dedicated server.

MrTroubleMaker

Gold Member
I'm having fun with it. It's nice to see developers actually talking about the feedback and changes/fixes they will be doing instead of a pr person.

Top Bottom