• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Drama Rumor Hype Alleged CDPR dev talks about the state of Cyberpunk 2077 and talks future plans

Belmonte

Nov 6, 2018
I don't want to hate on Keanu, but f***ing hell, our original Johnny was way cooler and sounded like a maniac. Think Foltest on crack. I don't appreciate his acting either, but he's a very nice man. Walked up to us personally to greet us on the first day and took time to personally thank us one by one when they wrapped up recording.
The word is his fee was actually manageable and the need for a Star Talent came from outside CDPR. The execs complied, because who the f*** knows? It sucks.
Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not, Cillian Murphy

Jon Hamm Crying GIF

Life

Jul 25, 2019
The mysterious locked doors everywhere - him saying those were lootable makes me believe him lol - a lot of it sounds plausible even.

Belmonte

Nov 6, 2018
To be fair, Keanu's acting in this game is shit. Most of the time he sounds more like a TTS app than an actual human.

Didn't play Cyberpunk yet but I liked the idea of Keanu in the game. But what the allegedly CDP Red dev said is even cooler. Would be great to have a Solid Snake type of character with the CDP Red writing. Solid is one of my fav characters in gaming.

harmny

Oct 29, 2020
To be fair, Keanu's acting in this game is shit. Most of the time he sounds more like a TTS app than an actual human.
Keanu's acting is fine. It's great for what he does and he has a pretty big role unlike the usual token stars that deliver two lines and go home.
It's not like they hired Daniel Day Lewis. You hire Keanu because people like him and he is a star and a nice guy.
When he appeared in stage everyone went crazy and not because he is an amazing actor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadayi

Patrick S.

Amiga Forever
May 4, 2013
Germany
Keanu's acting is fine. What did you expect? It's not like they hired Daniel Day Lewis. You hire Keanu because people like him and he is a star and a nice guy.
not because he is an amazing actor.
I like Keanu a lot actually, and don't really think he's a super bad actor. But I don't like his delivery in Cyberpunk at all, I don't think he's pulling off his character well.

ethomaz

is mad because DF didn't do a video on a video of a video of a video on PS5
Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
It can be well fake.
But I don't believe one word from that PR account.
They saying it is fake has basically no weight.

It is the same PR account that keep saying PS4 and XB1 versions were running pretty well two months before release lol

Last edited:
Reactions: rolandss

harmny

Oct 29, 2020
It can be well fake.
But I don't believe one word from that PR account.
They saying it is fake has basically no weight.

It is the same PR account that keep saying PS4 and XB1 versions were running pretty well two months before release lol

It has a lot of weight. And the pr account never said the console versions ran pretty well. The CEO said that in an investor call. In that investor call they also said that they delayed the game because the console versions were in a bad shape.

• LOL
Reactions: Kadayi and ethomaz

SafeOrAlone

Apr 26, 2020
I like the idea of having Keanu around in the game. He's a great presence. But I didn't particularly like his character or the way he portrayed him. He wasn't "cool" to me, he was sort of a drag and a bore.

Jun 20, 2019
New York-Miami
So CDPR officially came out and shut the rumor down for 2.0 release?..not gonna lie sad as Hell, nothin to look forward to in CyberPunk universe, cept for a far pushed expansion packs delays.

Kadayi

Probable Replicant & GIF PIMP
Oct 10, 2012
Discord : Kadayi #0650
So CDPR officially came out and shut the rumor down for 2.0 release?..not gonna lie sad as Hell, nothin to look forward to in CyberPunk universe, cept for a far pushed expansion packs delays.

LOL. They shut down someone purporting to be a CDP Insider writing BS to stir the Reddit pot. They're still doing updates.

Reactions: harmny