• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle w/ extra game - £200 at Tesco Direct

Crunch King

Neo Member
I've been on the fence for a while, but this pushed me over the edge. Ordered!

Now, which free game to get... I'm leaning towards Wonderful 101...

How are you an action game fan that isn't swayed by W101?

I've stated my issues with TW101 numerous times at this point. Just because I am a huge action fan doesn't mean I must like every title in the genre. I have it and I don't like it. If I didn't own the system, it would not have swayed me to buy one to try it.

seb_n

Awesome, thanks so much for this, i was hoping there would be a decent MK8 bundle to finally let me jump on a Wii U. Cant wait for it to be delivered!

I missed out on the previous generation consoles, and i am seriously excited to be able to play all the Wii games i missed out on aswell.

Galaxy 1 & 2 specifically!

Here is what i paid in the end.

5VALLun.jpg

KJRS_1993

It's a great price, I know it's a great price, but I still can't do it :(
Maybe it's cause I'm a student and a bit skint.
Maybe it's just that game pad.
Maybe it's because I bet it'll get even cheaper in the future.

I don't know :( perhaps this time, the Wii U definitely just isn't my kind of thing.

Same as retail, but if they are over £50, you get enough points to get a £5 credit on the eshop
No you don't. You only get credit for the cost of the game which excludes the 20% tax. This means you have to spend £60 to get the £5 code.

Ninja Dom

I don't know :( perhaps this time, the Wii U definitely just isn't my kind of thing.

The GamePad is very nice, I like it. Completed a Hard play through on Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge using it so it's perfectly useable.

PorllM

Banned
Excuse me? Since when is your membership on this site predicated on whether you fritter your money on ANY console no matter what the price?

There are plenty people out there that have no interest in a WiiU. Full stop. Personally, if Bayo 2 wasn't coming out for it, this deal wouldn't sway me.

I don't know why you cant just say "this is a really good deal" instead of making value judgements on what other choose to spend their money or not spend their money on. It happens in every single WiiU discount thread.

Nobody is obligated to buy a WiiU just because it exists.

Remind me to never go to a party you're attending.

Ninja Dom

At least 5 sales from people here due to this thread. And that's from registered NeoGAF users posting in this thread. Plus how many other non-posters & lurkers? Can't be a bad deal then can it?

Was going to get this next month but this is a steal. Might have to dip into my savings!

Question for Wii U users... Which game should I get?!

I love adventure games so I'm leaning towards Zelda, especially as I haven't played a single Zelda game in my life. But I've heard great things about Wonderful 101. What do you guys recommend?

Robin64

Was going to get this next month but this is a steal. Might have to dip into my savings!

I love adventure games so I'm leaning towards Zelda, especially as I haven't played a single Zelda game in my life. But I've heard great things about Wonderful 101. What do you guys recommend?

If you've never played a Zelda at all, then definitely go for Wind Waker. It's a proper good adventure. Taking to the high seas and sailing to that island you can just see on the horizon as a speck is glorious.

If you've never played a Zelda at all, then definitely go for Wind Waker. It's a proper good adventure. Taking to the high seas and sailing to that island you can just see on the horizon as a speck is glorious.

Yeah looks great. This and Mario Kart will keep me going through the summer dry period for sure!

This is certainly the best deal so far. And with Kart 8 looking amazing, this is THE time to dive in. Get in those NeoGAF tournaments!

There are only two things driving me (lol) to get a Wii U really soon. One is this promotion, the other is the Neogaf tournaments I couldn't stand to miss out on

lewisgone

That's a really great deal when you consider that Mario Kart is £40 new and you get and extra game...some of which are still worth £30-35.

Vagabundo

I was very leery of the gamepad before I got the Wii U. I have to say it has grown a lot on me. There are certainly many issues with it and the way it is implemented, but there is a level of functionality that adds greatly to the console experience.

I believe you have to use it for a month or so before deciding for yourself.

Kysen

Is MK8 cross region with US from UK? I doubt there are enough UK WiiUs out in the wild for a bustling online scene.

Vagabundo

Zelda or Pikmin and you can't go wrong. Although you might choose some of the others depending on your gaming tastes. Some of the others have demos so you can try them before using the credit.

Oh and if you like old style survival horror then Zombie U is a must, it's pretty cheap out there.

What do I need for split screen/multiplayer? Do I need to buy anything else or can one of us play on the tv using an in-box 'regular' controller, and one on the pad?

Empty

this is really really tempting. how long do people think this deal (lower price + promo code) will be around for?

BratmanDu

Couldn't resist, ordered!

Any good deals on Wiimotes/controllers going around at the moment?

This Luigi one is brand new for 30 pounds on Amazon.

I got the Mario one when it was 30 but now it's up in price. But the Luigi one is still cheaper (They have motion plus built in and come with a silicon protector, colored to match the remote).

Skeleton

Banned
I want this a lot, but I've just moved house and I'm saving for a new TV,

Why must you tease me with this offer now.....

must resist shiny thing

Ark

Oh boy this is a really, really, really tempting deal but I just spent £1k on a gaming rig last week so there's no way I could justify buying a WiiU for a few months yet :(

Oh man, choose The Wind Waker and you are in for one hell of a treat. I would absolutely love to be able to replay The Wind Waker again for my first time, especially with the glorious HD graphics. And not even that but it will be your first Zelda game, you are going to have one hell of a time my friend!

What do I need for split screen/multiplayer? Do I need to buy anything else or can one of us play on the tv using an in-box 'regular' controller, and one on the pad?

Hm the wife just gave me wifely approval to buy it so really just need to know about this 2nd controller malarkey.

Note to UK Gaffers it's an additional 1.5% off if you buy through quidco... so that's another £3 off the price in addition to the promo code.

Zalman

Depends on the game. Do you have Wii Remotes already? If so you're probably set.

I highly recommend the Pro Controller though.

Hasney

Hm the wife just gave me wifely approval to buy it so really just need to know about this 2nd controller malarkey.

Can play with a Wii MotionPlus remote or a Wii U Pro Controller with the other person on the Gamepad. There isn't another controller in the box on top of the Gamepad, so you will need ot buy one or the other.

The Wii U Pro Controller is very nice, I'd recommend that unless you wanted something to play old Wii games/planning to buy some Wii U games that require a Wii Motion Plus.

Shahed

This is an awesome price and my heart is telling me that I should get it. But my brain is telling me that I have enough games to play already, so adding another system won't really help matters.

I'll forward the link on to a few people!

Can play with a Wii MotionPlus remote or a Wii U Pro Controller with the other person on the Gamepad. There isn't another controller in the box on top of the Gamepad, so you will need ot buy one or the other.

The Wii U Pro Controller is very nice, I'd recommend that unless you wanted something to play old Wii games/planning to buy some Wii U games that require a Wii Motion Plus.

Thanks for the info... Unfortunately a 2nd controller puts it over the £200 impulse buy threshold :(

Vagabundo

Thanks for the info... Unfortunately a 2nd controller puts it over the £200 impulse buy threshold :(

You just need a Wii mote with the plus adapter or the newer ones that have the plus inbuilt.

You can usually pick them up very cheap second hand. Usually around a tenner.

Not sure if this bundle has some included.

Oh man, choose The Wind Waker and you are in for one hell of a treat. I would absolutely love to be able to replay The Wind Waker again for my first time, especially with the glorious HD graphics. And not even that but it will be your first Zelda game, you are going to have one hell of a time my friend!

Ahh man I am so excited now!! :D I've pre-ordered so time to play the waiting game!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Excuse me? Since when is your membership on this site predicated on whether you fritter your money on ANY console no matter what the price?

There are plenty people out there that have no interest in a WiiU. Full stop. Personally, if Bayo 2 wasn't coming out for it, this deal wouldn't sway me.

I don't know why you cant just say "this is a really good deal" instead of making value judgements on what other choose to spend their money or not spend their money on. It happens in every single WiiU discount thread.

Nobody is obligated to buy a WiiU just because it exists.

really, man? really? Take such incredibly offensive posts a bit less seriously, i'm sure he didn't mean it literally

Spaghetti

sold.

the weird up and down pricing of the wii u put me off buying for about six months, but getting what is basically the premium pack with two games for under £200 is really a steal and better than most pack-in deals.

Mr. Virus

Perhaps, but it'll be below £150 by christmas.
Also, the last thing i need is another wheel and remoteplus i don't need. Its an odd bundle, i'd have taken cheaper, and no additional hardware.

edit: WTF, its not the same as the US pack, no additional controller or wheel? Considering that the WiiU regularly goes on firesale for £150 this isn't such a great deal.

There's the MK8 bundles that you may be thinking of, which have the wheel and extra remote.

"Regularly" and "£150" is pushing the boat out a bit though.

Top Bottom