• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Gran Turismo Sport retail launch bigger than GT1 and GT6, less than GT5

better than expected but considering that we are talking about UK and EU I want to see how it sold in USA.

Why focus on the territory where racing games sell the worst?

Just a reminder GT5 wasn’t available digitally and digital has come ALONG way since 2013 let alone 2010. With Digital I’d expect 125-150k. Pretty good regardless.

With digital pricing being the way it is in the UK, I wouldn't expect it to be that high.

Emwitus

To make up the difference you'd have have to believe that digital sales accounted for ~2/3 of all GTS copies. I don't think a retail:digital ratio like that has ever been achieved in the UK or otherwise, for a AAA release. The likelihood of that seems really low.

Unless you have concrete proof, you don't have any reason to believe that GTS didn't sell 5 million copies on the first day in Britain......but reasonably speaking it probably didn't.

There's a logical difference between 5 milllion first day sales and 50-70K digital sales first day sales.

Tutomos

And people wonder why Neogaf is hated by so many. All those ill-advised opinions. Considering the climate right now a lot of console game sales are dropping, GTS did very good. There's a demo a week before release with a million downloads, you know what, some people actually like the game enough to go out and buy it. Instead of trusting the reviews, people just trust themselves. That Lewis Hamilton announcement didn't hurt either.

border

There's a logical difference between 5 milllion first day sales and 50-70K digital sales first day sales.

It'd take 170-190K digital sales to equal the total sales of GT5 week one. Logically speaking, the likelihood of digital sales being nearly double the physical sales is pretty low. Especially considering that the UK has to deal with digital pricing that is higher than physical.

Top Bottom