• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jburton

Banned
Buckie is for stupid kids who both don't know and can't buy better.

Stella is for idiots who buy into the marketing. Its strength is chemically reinforced and generally a shitty taste after a pint or two. Tennants (!!) is a superior beer.

Grolsch is the king of mainstream beers.

Tennants is shit, fucking headache brew .... chemicals all in that shit.

Grolsch is a fine brew though, I totally agree.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Buckie is for stupid kids who both don't know and can't buy better.

Stella is for idiots who buy into the marketing. Its strength is chemically reinforced and generally a shitty taste after a pint or two. Tennants (!!) is a superior beer.

Grolsch is the king of mainstream beers.

Tennents is pish water, and bucky costs more than 90% of the wines in any supermarket wine selection: for the price of a bottle of bucky you could get a case of 6 pint cans of tennents.

Bucky > table wine.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Not a huge fan of Grolsch, not bad stuff, just not my favourite.

Gonna put myself out there and just go ahead and say I fucking love a good Budweiser.
Also, Steakhouse Angus meal for breakfast, great way to start the day.

Jburton

Banned
Tennents is pish water, and bucky costs more than 90% of the wines in any supermarket wine selection: for the price of a bottle of bucky you could get a case of 6 pint cans of tennents.

Bucky > table wine.

Buckfast is an alchoholics drink, and for good reason .... its cheap and strong but man you look like a lowlife drinking that muck.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Wanna hang around town centre, shirtless to show off your pasty untoned flesh? I've got enough Kestrel for everyone!
ehmcp.jpg

Kentpaul

Buckfast is an alchoholics drink, and for good reason .... its cheap and strong but man you look like a lowlife drinking that muck.

ever been to a public place on a warm sunny day ? You find everyone from soccer dads to hipsters drinking an ice cold bottle of bucky.

Bum alcoholics couldn't afford to live of buckfast (it can cost up to 7.50 a bottle)and soccer mum alcoholics drink table wine, working alcoholics drink vodka/soda combo's.

Buckfast is just an all round great drink. Shit hits the spot

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
not drinking a drink coz women are drinking it isn't very manly.

Get some Aspall.

I was out with some women last week and they all took the piss when I ordered an amaretto and cranberry. But they were laughing out the other side of their faces (I have no idea what this saying means...) when they tasted how yummy it was.

I love my local pub which has Hoegaarden on tap. Fucking gorgeous wheat beer.

ever been to a public place on a warm sunny day ? You find everyone from soccer dads to hipsters drinking an ice cold bottle of bucky.

Bum alcoholics couldn't afford to live of buckfast (it can cost up to 7.50 a bottle)and soccer mum alcoholics drink table wine, working alcoholics drink vodka/soda combo's.

It's probably got a worse reputation in England than it does up north.

Clegg

Son, it's uni. Take your essay outside to the fields and do it while drinking down some ice cold drinks.

I need the library to find sources for a politics essay. They are only in book form so none are available online.

It's a bit of a downer on a day like today.

Jburton

Banned

Not where I am from, very few people I have ever seen drink it, a small exception and alcoholics.

Each to their own but it is the stereotypical alcoholic drink.

013e04d7.jpg

Mr. Sam

I need the library to find sources for a politics essay. They are only in book form so none are available online.

It's a bit of a downer on a day like today.

I'm studying politics but I finished all my essays last week. Fortunate, because now I can be stuck inside working today.

Strawberry and lime Kopparberg, I feel no shame ordering it when it is so good :p

I might not look like a man and get accused of buying an alcopop drink but damn they are good.

Aspalls is the real king though.

I need to get a decent chair so I can work in the garden on the pissertation today. WiFi stretches that far, I think.

Just got back from lunch, Wagamamas chicken katsu curry (with extra sauce of course) and a glass of vino. And slagging off my bitchy boss. Perfect.

Now back in the office with a fair bit of work, no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and waiting for the bitch to come over and give me some not very helpful help. I hope I get a new job soon.

SKINNER!

Banned
I miss it. :(

me too. I've been swamped with work/meetings all morning/afternoon. Staring outside the window, I decided to go for a walk around the building and enjoy the sunshine. Can't wait until the weekend though. Going hillwalking with a few good friends from my old work :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I tell you what is bullshit. Gorgeous summer-in-march weather out there in the week while I'm sitting here in testicle soup - but will be cold at weekend. FFS england, get your shit together! I'm convinced there is some pattern whereby the weather is markedly worse at the weekends, if only I were a meteorologist and knew wtf i was talking about...!

Suairyu

Banned
I tell you what is bullshit. Gorgeous summer-in-march weather out there in the week while I'm sitting here in testicle soup - but will be cold at weekend. FFS england, get your shit together! I'm convinced there is some pattern whereby the weather is markedly worse at the weekends, if only I were a meteorologist and knew wtf i was talking about...!
"How do kids know the weekend is over?"
"It stops raining."

Classic.

SteveWD40

Nah it was stunning last weekend, we just feel like it's a conspiracy when it works against us. It is really set to drop right off though, from 19 to 9 degree's in 2 days.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
To all yoose guys calling me out for saying Tennants > Stella. Please note the incredulous (!!) in the post. I hate both Stella and Tennants, but I would rather drink 4 litres of Tennants than Stella any day of the week. Call it homesickness if you want, but fuck it.

My preferred beers would be Grolsch Kanon, Grolsch Weissen, Hertog Jan, Jupiler, Duvel, Leffe Blonde, Chimay and all the other wonderful variations of the art of brewing that the Netherlands and Belgian people have perfected.

Just got back from lunch, Wagamamas chicken katsu curry (with extra sauce of course) and a glass of vino. And slagging off my bitchy boss. Perfect.

Now back in the office with a fair bit of work, no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and waiting for the bitch to come over and give me some not very helpful help. I hope I get a new job soon.

Love the katsu curry there.

Any of ireland gaf go to crack bird yet? That's probably the most awesome chicken I've ever had.

To all yoose guys calling me out for saying Tennants > Stella. Please note the incredulous (!!) in the post. I hate both Stella and Tennants, but I would rather drink 4 litres of Tennants than Stella any day of the week. Call it homesickness if you want, but fuck it.

My preferred beers would be Grolsch Kanon, Grolsch Weissen, Hertog Jan, Jupiler, Duvel, Leffe Blonde, Chimay and all the other wonderful variations of the art of brewing that the Netherlands and Belgian people have perfected.

Belgians especially have gotten beer down to an art.

Meadows

Banned
Yo Industrian, try out some KaVaLan from Taiwan, it's a nice single malt from Yilan. I think I've told you that before...have you ever had it?

Salazar

Need to cut all cider availability except have it bubbling slowly from the top of a muddy hillock in Dorset. For maybe 3 years. Let the girls drift away from it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Whenever I go to Wagamama's everyone has the Katsu Curry. It's delicious. Found a local bar/restaurant here in Brixton that does a good one, will have to frequent it often. Maybe even spend my £10 Brixton Pound note with David Bowie on it.

Kentpaul

iPad + Garden Gaf representing. Cider will be joining too.

iPhone + working gaf reporting in. Sitting in the canteen chilling thinking about how awesome this house party on saterday will be. Fuck it's great being young. Another 5.5 hours left of my shift and I ain't even giving a fuck. I have community to watch with some smoke when I get home. Lols will be had tonight

Meadows

Banned
pfft, all you baka people buying gaijin katsu. I only go to independednt japanese restaurants that know the traditions and hard work involved in the art of the katsu

you guys will never get it, you haven't experienced real japanese culture~~

Chinner

Banned
pfft, all you baka people buying gaijin katsu. I only go to independednt japanese restaurants that know the traditions and hard work involved in the art of the katsu

you guys will never get it, you haven't experienced real japanese culture~~

meadows dont be so uguu
qFm0f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom