• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
What's everyone up to tonight? Anyone catching an early night due to the lost hour or are you of a mind to not worry about such things?

Im going to smoke my great weed and enter the world of being stoned. Il also eat some pizza and watch a movie. Then il a listen to some of my music. I have been stuck in work since 2 today FTl il be glad be free. Really excited to get home.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
What's everyone up to tonight? Anyone catching an early night due to the lost hour or are you of a mind to not worry about such things?

Ha! Thanks for reminding me.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the family haven't caught on yet. So I shall be up bright and early gardening in the sunshine and annoying the hell out of them! Love it!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Went out tonight for the first BBQ of the year, was rather lovely. These bursts of early spring are quite nice where everyone gets back into the summer social mode. It's funny now everyone in my friend group is around 30, we're starting to get houses with gardens instead of the hotboxed flats of our youths.

The changing face of getting fucked up with your mates - start in the park with the cider, move into pubs when you come of age, poxy little flats in your 20s and then garden parties in your 30s. And soon everyonw will have babies lol.

Lirlond

Up my mates listening to Andy Williams and drinking cider out of a tea mug. Classy Glasgow. City of culture 1991 don't you know!

Oh shit the pogues came on!!

Lirlond

Clocks went forward and it took me 20 minutes to realise what had happened hahah. Thought I had blacked out or something ...

Kentpaul

shit TV at that.

you can buy all the good shows on dvd/streaming service.

My PC is my entertainment centre. Fuck watching tv i don't stay in the 90s anymore.

edit

managed to watch half of Adulthood before switching it off and sinking into my bed :) last night was pretty great roll on a sunday shift.
I'l be on the only janitor in my depot, I'l jhave no coworkers to speak to all day

Lirlond

Oh my God its so fucking hot in Glasgow today. Really dry too. Bloody football ruining any hope I had of going out though. Someone was setting off fireworks earlier. I suggest you avoid the city today hah.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Didn't realise students had it so bad that they need to throw a party in order to celebrate being able to afford turning a lightbulb on.

Didn't realise students had it so bad that they need to throw a party in order to celebrate being able to afford turning a lightbulb on.

o_O wow. We had lighting from the people studying Live Event tech/Lighting design... soz you watched BGT or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was with London GAF all evening. At least you said BGT rather than BBT otherwise I may have had to report you for inflammatory comments.

Desmond

Cracking weather today, too bad I have a shit tonne of work to do.

Never filled this out either:

Where do you live: Dublin 15
Where are you from: Dublin 15
Sports team of choice: Man. United
Current political party of choice: meh
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bap?
Favourite (current) UK TV show:QI
Oasis or Blur: Oasis

Clegg

Where do you live: Dublin 4 (Donnybrook)
Where are you from: Dublin 4 (Donnybrook)
University: UCD
Sports team of choice: Manchester United
Current political party of choice: They're all bad
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Batch
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Luther
Oasis or Blur: Pulp

Clegg

Any ideas on things to do/see in Dublin?

Guinness Storehouse

Kilminham Gaol

Collins Barracks

Trinity College Old Library

Malahide Castle

Avoid Temple Bar, it's a tourist trap imo. The bars are still very good but they hike their prices up during summer.

St.Stephens Green is an especially lovely place to go if it's a sunny day.It's a park in the middle of the city. Very chill place.

Kentpaul

Why do I have to be stuck in work when its a heat wave outside? I can't even go out in the yard to work because we have a dedicated team of outside janators

Lirlond

I was at this great pub just next to the Hilton in Dublin. Near one of the tram stops, can't remember the name but it was a 3 story pub with a carvery. Spent most of my time there haha.

I've not really made the most of the weather. Didn't get the willpower to actually get out of bed and showered until quarter to three and then it was a mad dash to pack and get my train from Waterloo. Going to the be stuck in a Classroom in Hedge End all week so I hope the weather is shite.

Koshiro

Where do you live: London
Where are you from: Aberdeen, Scotland
University: RGU
Sports team of choice: Let's go with Williams (F1)
Current political party of choice: Hate them all
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Someone needs to explain this to me.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Horizon
Oasis or Blur: Neither. If forced - Blur.

Also - screw BST.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Loving this evening sunshine, off down to a mate's for an evening sesh in the garden.

Koshiro

Another fellow Scot that has moved to England because there are no IT/Computing jobs up north?
Pretty much yeah, this is where the design industry is (I work in a digital design agency). I much prefer having so many different cultures around though.

Which field are you in?

Kentpaul

Heading home from a fantastic picnic by the waterfront. I'm posting this just to make kentpaul jealous.

:( I was sweeping a floor while you were munching in a state of complete bliss.

Well guys my girlfriend has been drinking watching the football/BBQ all day so il probably have a few cans of carling when I get home (and a joint while watch the rest of adulthood tonight) stuck Im work for another 2 hours so that's a far dream long in the distance. I have some things to do to tide me over till 9pm then after that il flip a box upside down and sit on it to pass the time lol.

Koshiro

IT development. mostly ERP software configurations. talking around the table in meetings deciding on whether the system can fulfill the business needs.
There's none of that in Scotland? Really? Which part of Scotland were you in?

On another subject: anyone been watching those shows on BBC about the staff of London Underground? They've certainly done the best they can with that show I think, trying to hide how utterly miserable most people are in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom