• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 available on PS4 now, PC/XB1 in March

Clipse

People expected a physical release?

latest

Seyavesh

you know something i just realized re: marvel 3 modding on PC?

different palettes can very likely have different colored effects if their .EFL priority system works like it does in dmc4se

like, if you pack in the effects into the character .arcs/files (and every palette/costume is a different .arc) then when you pick that costume specifically it gets different effect colorings

so green magneto moves here we come

Pachimari

Thank god I didn't pay $80 for a PS3 copy. Now I get to buy it for PS4!

I missed out on this on the PS3, so I've never tried it, but I really liked MvC1 and 2.

MrMephistoX

This gives me some hope that Xmen might be in Infinite. Not crossing my fingers after the rumors but why pay $ to relicense Wolverine for a 6 year old game and not for the new hotness?

molnizzle

I dunno, after SFV I think it's kind of expected to have it with PC as least. Which makes the console situation a bit awkward.

In SFV Capcom already requires users to create a new CFN account ID which solves the issue of people having different names on different platforms. I think they could do it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The PS3 version suffers significant framerate problems especially with Sentinel during assist attacks. If nothing else the PS4 version should (should) run perfectly.

onionfrog

I dunno, after SFV I think it's kind of expected to have it with PC as least. Which makes the console situation a bit awkward.

In SFV Capcom already requires users to create a new CFN account ID which solves the issue of people having different names on different platforms. I think they could do it.
I don't think they'll go through the effort to add cross play to this port.

I could see it for MVC Infinite tho. (Fingers crossed}

Kusagari

This gives me some hope that Xmen might be in Infinite. Not crossing my fingers after the rumors but why pay $ to relicense Wolverine for a 6 year old game and not for the new hotness?

It has nothing to do with licensing. Marvel just doesn't want to feature characters Fox has the movie rights to in their new games.

You have entirely too much faith in Sony and MS playing nice.

aaaaaa

I hope they finally patch out some of the goofiest stuff. Haggar's OTG loops, Vergil's invincible swords, etc.

Well I guess I won't be giving PS money today... :(

They haven't confirmed it isn't coming today, but they have managed a whole blog feature on Infinite without mentioning it as well.

Worst case scenario is getting an online PSN code for my US account.

Neoxon

The license still had to be renewed though.
Deadpool & Marvel Ultimate Alliance were able to be re-released untouched (as in no new characters), yet new games like Lego Avengers & Marvel Future Fight were impacted by the ban.

So yeah, pre-CoC remasters are fine, but post-CoC new games are fucked.

killroy87

It's super weird that Marvel would cut non-MCU characters from Infinite, but be okey bringing UMvC3 back into the fold like this. Here's hoping the roster for Infinite is full

Blueblur1

They feature Wolverine in the UMvC3 trailer. Might they possibly bring some of the x-Men back? And if they don't, if the game is supported with DLC maybe we'll one day see those characters return.

Top Bottom