• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gegz

Banned
Hey Sephi22,

Could you check if there is new musics on the new stages ? The Vanilla one were pretty good.

Thanks !

finally got in....ermm the game seems to still be pretty barbones outside of combat.

the title and gallery scenes look even more low budget this time around.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
finally got in....ermm the game seems to still be pretty barbones outside of combat.

Yeah, RUSHED game. :(

I hope it do sell well so we can get third iteration with full of contents.

Skilletor

IntelliHeath said:

Only Ono's games get the time and money to have fleshed out features. :(

I hate that guy.

Skilletor said:
Only Ono's games get the time and money to have fleshed out features. :(

I hate that guy.
Blame Capcom brass. He probably pushes for lots of money so that he can make the game as good as he can for the fans(LOL). He probably does what is best for him, his fans(LOL) and his team.

The suits are the ones who should take the blame here.
IntelliHeath said:

The first one sold two MILLION copies in five months. That is as good as it is going to get, bro.

Everything else is improvements at a snail's pace which is okay for folks that don't mind I suppose.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Heroes and Heralds should provide a huge boost to the feature set for me at least, but it's kinda telling that mode is post release free dlc.

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:

Does the game have a replay save system?

ZeroCDR

Heroes and Heralds is going to be ridiculous, more than makes up for the lack of an expansive feature set for me. I'm here for fightan other folks all day every day.

All MvC3 was really lacking in my eyes was more characters and better netcode. Hopefully the netcode really is better this time around, at least spectator is here :D

Kusagari

How the fuck did they still not add replays? They make far more sense in this game than SF with how much crazy shits going on.

Skilletor

SolarPowered said:
Blame Capcom brass. He probably pushes for lots of money so that he can make the game as good as he can for the fans(LOL). He probably does what is best for him, his fans(LOL) and his team.

The suits are the ones who should take the blame here.

I know.

I still hate Ono. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Who is the suckiest suck that has ever sucked (besides Degen) and wants to play against me tonight? I want to at least learn some stuff before I destroy you all in Ultimate. And by destroy I mean you letting me win.

Kadey said:
Who is the suckiest suck that has ever sucked (besides Degen) and wants to play against me tonight? I want to at least learn some stuff before I destroy you all in Ultimate. And by destroy I mean you letting me win.
I played the game for the first time in a month last night. It should not be too bad and I don't mind helping out for a few matches.
Giard said:
Hey sephi22, are there any new modes available, besides spectator (such as tournament mode)?
Heroes and heralds is the only new mode aside from Spectator mode. There is no replay mode, no video uploads, no tournament mode and no online training mode.

Giard

SolarPowered said:
Heroes and heralds is the only new mode aside from Spectator mode. There is no replay mode, no video uploads, no tournament mode and no online training mode.
That's bull. :/
Didn't they promise tons of new modes when it was announced?

IntelliHeath said:

I have a very bad feeling it wont. based on what ive just seen on stream, presentation wise, If I was just a passing casual fan, or a comic book guy I would not put down any money for this, at least not at launch, unless I was particularly attached to one of the new characters.

To a casual balance changes simply don't hold the same weight.

I think the game will justify the additional development, but that's about it.

I predict a vanilla SF4 >> Arcade Editon Disc release drop off in sales, tbh.

Edit:- even the ending credits look worse......SMH

Grecco

Does it matter how much it sells? Capcom themselves obviously know it wont sell as well as Vanilla so who cares how much it sells.

koryuken

Dahbomb said:
It wasn't specific, it sounded almost like Phoenix's nerf (one action total) but it's not confirmed that it's one of each so a total of 3 actions.

You can probably still do fly, and one more action of each...

Giard

IntelliHeath said:
Solar forget there is Galactus mode.
Am I the only one who doesn't care about this? It probably took 20 mins of programming to do this mode. I'll play it once.

From the reveal...
ENHANCED MODES: After many fan requests, Spectator mode is now available as part of an overall improved online experience along with other new modes and enhancements.
So..."other new modes" = Galactus mode and Heroes and Heralds, not in time for release.

Hi guys. I have an OT question. I have problems in vanilla MVC3 with the joystick. The wrong move seems to come out alot.

For example in Dr Dooms mission 7, i am supposed to do a j.M, cr.L, cr.H, f.H into a special.
The problem is after the two crouching attacks f.H turns into his beam projectile because i am going from cr to f.

This is just an example as joystick movements seem to buffer and unintended moves come up. I would love some help on this.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Tournament mode is pretty much a throwaway mode but I would have killed for Replay/Video Upload.

Giard said:
So..."other new modes" = Galactus mode and Heroes and Heralds, not in time for release.

Heroes and Heralds is free DLC, so it may come later, or at the very least, won't be available until the actual release date.

Galactus mode is the bonus for having vanilla MvC3 data on the machine (IIRC from earlier in the thread)

The vast majority of people getting Ultimate know exactly what's in the package, and aren't looking for surprises, just the rebalance, new characters, and a new era of salt.

LegatoB

GunnerGlory said:
Hi guys. I have an OT question. I have problems in vanilla MVC3 with the joystick. The wrong move seems to come out alot.

For example in Dr Dooms mission 7, i am supposed to do a j.M, cr.L, cr.H, f.H into a special.
The problem is after the two crouching attacks f.H turns into his beam projectile because i am going from cr to f.

This is just an example as joystick movements seem to buffer and unintended moves come up. I would love some help on this.
Make sure you "release" the joystick and let it go back to the center/neutral position briefly after the cr. H, and then input the f. H. It doesn't have to be very long, but you should make sure the stick passes through neutral rather than df.

Skilletor

ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
I predict a vanilla SF4 >> Arcade Editon Disc release drop off in sales, tbh.

Edit:- even the ending credits look worse......SMH

What would be wrong with that, exactly? I'm sure Capcom would be happy to have similar ratio of sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom