• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Honestly, it's probably good to snap in any anchor that looks menacing enough. XF3 Arthur's chip game is that serious though. The threat of the twin dragons being summoned is also a good enough reason to take him out early.

If you use a low health character and you don't have some sort of XF when he's on Lvl 3, you can probably kiss him/her goodbye.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know anchor arthur is a hybrid rush down character right? With mix up high lows that lead to instant kills. If you are playing anchor arthurs that try to win with chip they are using him WRONG AS FUCK.

You know anchor arthur is a hybrid rush down character right?

None of the one's I've played so far have showed me any semblance of rushdown. Lots of golden lance chucking and armor breaking though. I think he has some jS nonsense in XF but none of them ever want to close the gap, they just chuck things :p

Show me some shit though -- I always want to learn more matchups, especially against lesser-played characters - they get the kills that sting the most T_T.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You know anchor arthur is a hybrid rush down character right? With mix up high lows that lead to instant kills. If you are playing anchor arthurs that try to win with chip they are using him WRONG AS FUCK.

Yea, that psuedo tri-jump pogo nonsense. I haven't played many if any rush-down Arthurs (Thank god). Most (all I've seen) forget and just start throwing things. So, I guess they are playing him wrong. lol

Tobe

cita yeah you could say that, i really like TOD games or like hnk something where i can press lots of buttons. someday someone will port HNK to 360 or ps3 ... someday.... :(

Got around to watching that Umvc3 japanese tournament. Some pretty good players, I think a lot of American players can learn a lot from watching a few of those matches.

Vice

Vergil will probably fall to the side in America. There's no point in putting in so much effort for a character when someone like Wesker or Wolverine are just as deadly for a quarter of the effort.

El Sloth

Banned
Oh yeah, Poltergust? He's a Smash player. I actually played his Wright/Hulk/Doom team online a couple nights ago. Beat him 3/4 times, but that one loss was harsh as fuck.
His play is definitely rough, but he has some cool stuff with his team.

I love that the grand finals ended with PW's Level 3.

His play is rough, but he definitely has some cool stuff with his team.

I love that the grand finals ended with PW's Level 3.

Oh definitely. One thing I'm proud of is that in all of our games, even the one he won, I never let Wright get to Turnabout. His Hulk and Doom are pretty good, if not a bit "braindead," for lack of a better term.

El Sloth

Banned
Oh definitely. One thing I'm proud of is that in all of our games, even the one he won, I never let Wright get to Turnabout. His Hulk and Doom are pretty good, if not a bit "braindead," for lack of a better term.
I think he definitely needs to improve his Hulk and Doom since things are going to get a whole lot harder for him once people better understand how to approach his Wright.

I'm trying to think of variations of his team and I think Dante and Haggar could decently replace his Hulk. Both have great anti-air assists and can DHC into Maya. Not really sure who I'd substitute Doom out for.

I think he definitely needs to improve his Hulk and Doom since things are going to get a whole lot harder for him once people better understand how to approach his Wright.

I'm trying to think of variations of his team and I think Dante and Haggar could decently replace his Hulk. Both have great anti-air assists and can DHC into Maya. Not really sure who I'd substitute Doom out for.

I'd keep Doom in. He tends to win games, even if people can see FOOT DIVE coming a mile away.

Dahbomb

Show me some shit though -- I always want to learn more matchups, especially against lesser-played characters - they get the kills that sting the most T_T.
He's right though. There is a tournament with RealPolitix where it was him and HiIamNasty in Grand Finals. If you can find it watch through it and you will get an idea of this tri-jump pogo rushdown with Arthur. It allows Arthur to move rather quickly and come down on you with a hard to react to high/low mix up.

Vergil will probably fall to the side in America. There's no point in putting in so much effort for a character when someone like Wesker or Wolverine are just as deadly for a quarter of the effort.
It doesn't take THAT much effort to play with Vergil. I can see the same argument for maybe Strider and Firebrand but Vergil is fairly easy to play and win with if you know how he works. I would compare him to Zero in difficulty of play.

Archive to the Phoenix Wright tournament win. Well technically I guess ChrisG did it first but this guy is a Wright main so props to him.

Dahbomb

Tomorrow is my last written exam of potentially my student life career.

Tomorrow I will go into hardcore lab rat mode with Vergil and develop a new team around him based off of what I have learned over the course of the month (which is a shit ton). I will probably spend a week in the hyperbolic time chamber. Will also be giving time to IM as well.

V_Arnold

Tomorrow is my last written exam of potentially my student life career.

Tomorrow I will go into hardcore lab rat mode with Vergil and develop a new team around him based off of what I have learned over the course of the month (which is a shit ton). I will probably spend a week in the hyperbolic time chamber. Will also be giving time to IM as well.

Good luck for that! (The exam, I mean :D)
And after that, you better report on what you did find with Vergil!
I am currently using Dormammu/Vergil/Strider and Dormammu/Vergil/Wesker (sad, sad, cheap, bad, wrong, but even Wesker is not as bullshit-level sad to use as Hawkeye or Spencer would be on the same spot.)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any word from Capcom on what they're doing with the unreleased costume pack? (King of Spain Magneto)

I'm fairly sure there won't be a replacement and they're delaying that blow as much as they can. The thing is, all alt costumes were on disc already. If they'd release a new one they'd have to also release a compatibility pack and we've seen the MK devs fuck that up so I don't think they'll bother. Really wanted that King of Spain alt too.

JeTmAn81

I'm fairly sure there won't be a replacement and they're delaying that blow as much as they can. The thing is, all alt costumes were on disc already. If they'd release a new one they'd have to also release a compatibility pack and we've seen the MK devs fuck that up so I don't think they'll bother. Really wanted that King of Spain alt too.

It doesn't make any sense to me that there won't be a replacement. Is Magneto really going to be the only cast member without an alt? It seems like the smart thing to do would just come up with another costume idea and release it later.

Bizazedo

If I am combo'ng someone and know I won't kill them at the end of the combo, and Arthur is their anchor, he is probably getting snapped in.

XF3 Arthur is evil.

LakeEarth

If I am combo'ng someone and know I won't kill them at the end of the combo, and Arthur is their anchor, he is probably getting snapped in.

XF3 Arthur is evil.

Always snap in a non-powered up Arthur. If they powered up and tagged out though, I usually just wait until it pops and finish the job. The hard knockdown really is some unfair bullshit. Especially when you have a fullscreen OTG hyper like Nemesis or Storm.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yep. Combined with Sven's interesting reaction, I would hope we have a title update planned for some point in the future. No need for patches when you're doing an AE-style upgrade.
Yeah.. it will still probably mean no Gene/Gambit/etc and people will still be pissed though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Messing around with th different colors of Nova. I swear the red one looks familiar..

umvc3_week8_002_04631_640screen.jpg

BygNQ.jpg

Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom