• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit this game is starting to get on my nerves.

Makes me just want to play SF4, this feels like is just who can bullshit the other first. Hell, even winning doesn't feel good, it just makes me feel dirty.
No wonder the Japanese don't play it as much as the americans.
Now you are playing Marvel!

>:)

Grecco

Not suprised that Dahbomb had the most posts lol

actually suprised i had enough posts to be in the top 10.

Also regarding DLC, i fully expect it to be more of those SHADOW BATLES

Yay new OT~

Shoutouts to pizza slicers, lightning-buster-lightning, and Maverick Hunters proving that they run things. :p

What Jeri said.

VVKOD.png

Damn it, I was kinda close to being there D:

Probably going to do Live HBR later today but I'm taking out the characters rule. You can use any characters/assists freely.

PM me for a spot.

I'd love to join, but we're doing our own stream thing today here too (it'll be recorded first then streamed again like that last tourney).

bum is streaming as well. he is playing a pretty damn good phoenix wright player. i've learned a few things already. like the missile assist can otg. :O

Woah, need to try that out next time I use Nick.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
FUCK YES... DAT SON OF SPARDA TIER POST COUNT!

What's good Marvel GAF? Expect to see the old me again. Time to go into the hyperbolic time chamber pronto. Just as I got back in action new Vergil technology is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YleKwJfCWWs&feature=player_embedded

Permanent tatsu assist. lol. That guard break setup should work with drones, no?

Just read a bit ago that Abegen is planning to go to EVO 2012.

Yes!

LakeEarth

To celebrate the new thread, does anyone want to do the "post your team" thing?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32540107&postcount=1114

It kinda takes over conversation for a page or two so I'm gonna start off without actually posting the pictures. My new team is Spencer/Frank West/Wesker. Spencer and Wesker benefit from Shopping Cart, and Spencer's horizontal grapple allows for 2 camera shots for Frank per combo. Spencer's maneuvers DHC will lead the opponent into a spinning state, which allows Frank to whiff his hyper and recover in time to get the double camera shot after a Spencer combo, but Spencer doesn't get a high combo count going like Dante/Skrull so it isn't very efficient.

http://i.imgur.com/ZCACb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cuNXx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/O3vhW.jpg

I do want to get Wesker out of there, but I'm not great at the other characters that bulk up Frank West quick (Dante, Skrull, Wolverine).

Oldschoolgamer

I think the Skullgirls devs got into Capcom's thinking. They didn't say shit about these features until Mike_Z and co brought it up for SG.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
anyone read this?

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/23/ask-capcom-stream-highlights-123-umvc3-dlc-i-think-there-will-be/

really hope this is true! Lupinko, shed some light please?!?

*trying to not get hype over this news until lupinko confirm it first*

Honestly, it would make sense why they took 8 characters out and save it for DLC. However my logic is telling me that they were talking about UMVC3 costume DLC.

Yikes, I made into wall of shame. *sweatdrop*

To celebrate the new thread, does anyone want to do the "post your team" thing?

Please don't. I don't want it to cluttered up our thread since we already have discussions ongoing.

Sigmaah

Was posted in the old thread. Seems like they may have something, but no use setting ourselves up for disappointment.

*trying to not get hype over this news until lupinko confirm it first*

Honestly, it would make sense why they took 8 characters out and save it for DLC. However my logic is telling me that they were talking about UMVC3 costume DLC.

Agreed, I dont wanna get hyped up again for disappointment, and them removing 8 does make sense for DLC.

LakeEarth

My new main team. I'm learning Doom if it's the last thing I do. Almost got the corner loop down.
During the S, remember to add a dash down when you land the j.S in that combo. Gets you down faster and makes getting the loop going much easier.

Bizazedo

So all of the Dormammu stuff I've been looking into seems pretty basic / unimpressive visually, especially with the Wesker OTG assist available to me.

That sound right?

Grecco

So all of the Dormammu stuff I've been looking into seems pretty basic / unimpressive visually, especially with the Wesker OTG assist available to me.

That sound right?

Just watch Ryan Hunter if you want "impresive visually dormmamu stuff".

Lren

My team since the start of UMvC3 and my two best characters from Vanilla...
zJsCe.jpg
vdQ37.jpg
yNbsU.jpg

However once the X alt comes out... X is always gonna be in my team.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Can i complain about the ridiculous amount of pushing Capcom is giving SF x Tekken while rushing Marvel?

Stuff like this is so good and makes me wish Marvel had it

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/24/str...acter-select-screen-pause-prevention-feature/

I'm very salty about how much SF X TK got, compare to naked MVC3 and semi-filler UMVC3. That's why I was hoping that third iteration would be the one that they will go all out.

one thing I could understand about sf x tk because it will be only one retail game.

JeTmAn81

Dante/Wesker/Strider currently. He's got guns! And he's got swords! And HE's got guns AND swords! But most importantly, teleports.

JeTmAn81

Man, there really has been an explosion of Dante / somebody / Vajra lately.

I had Taskmaster before (I still love Tasky). I think I only switched for Vajra. Now I'm trying to learn how to play Strider as a real character and not just an assist. I will be better the next time we play!

V_Arnold

By the way, do you guys think if it is viable to place Strange as 3rd character or is he better off being 2nd and Vergil as 3rd? I only think that he is fine with being 3rd is his lv1 hyper that can basically punish anything :D.

Bizazedo

I had Taskmaster before (I still love Tasky). I think I only switched for Vajra. Now I'm trying to learn how to play Strider as a real character and not just an assist. I will be better the next time we play!

Good, I look forward to it.

Hopefully my work with Dorm pays off. I am honestly excited. Tried it for the first time last night and the potential lockdown synergy between Dorm and Zero seems retarded. My overall combo damage is a HAIR lower (once muscle memory reliably kicks in), but the chip is so much higher.

That and actually learning how to play Dorm properly :(.

I wish I wasn't feeling like I was betraying Nova, he IS fun and I like my dirty ground combo reset with him and Zero.

Maybe the Marvel team should play other games and borrow their best features. It really does make for a better experience.

I honestly believe them in that it was due to the contract with Marvel and the timeframe they had to put out the game.

I'd love to hear from Marvel about it.

JeTmAn81

By the way, do you guys think if it is viable to place Strange as 3rd character or is he better off being 2nd and Vergil as 3rd? I only think that he is fine with being 3rd is his lv1 hyper that can basically punish anything :D.

I think Vergil can probably make better use of excess meter and is therefore more suited to the anchor position than Strange is. All Strange can do with meter is just try to catch them with Vishanti over and over, whereas Vergil gets a free in with Spiral Swords and its ancillary formations.

Grecco: I'm reminded of the pairing in vanilla of Haggar and characters who could combo off that hard knockdown. Seems like a similar thing here.

Oldschoolgamer

I think features like easier button configs had more to do with Capcom politics, than anything dealing with Marvel. I'm pretty sure S-Kill was asking for shit that made sense and they were shooting him down for the most ridiculous reasons. Not to mention, the SF team gets top billing and to do whatever they want.

This probably has more to do with saving face than anything else. UMvC3 probably won't see anything like that, even if it saves a lot of time.

Jenga

Banned
Strange is 1st or 2nd. It's the same concept as anchor hawkeye, and he can be cheesed out just like anchor hawkeye.

Odinson

During the S, remember to add a dash down when you land the j.S in that combo. Gets you down faster and makes getting the loop going much easier.

Yea the air dash cancels have been the toughest part about learning doom. I've been training myself to go to neutral position because I would get an exchange if I tried to dash to soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom