• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

I really need to start playing UMVC3 again, I've been playing more Street Fighter IV even though I prefer UMVC3.

It's pretty bad I am looking forward to the Vita version just for I can play on the go as well.

Azure J

Yipes is using his awesome ass Vanilla team? Hype springs eternal.

In other news, what's the next set of events/streams coming up Mahvel-GAF? Next Gen GAF is going bat shit and I need to check out other things until things calm down a bit. :lol

sephi22

Yo Mahvelllllll... I'm back in Dubai after a month, so I can finally play online again, H&H, watch streams and all that jazz.

My main team in Vanilla is team MastaCJ, so I'm not going to post the art for that.

My experimental UMvC team 1 AKA Team Saints Row (Purple Power):
(Burning Kick/ Poison Tip/ Plasma Beam)
D61cG.jpg
bknR0.jpg
XFg8z.jpg

Experimental Team 2:
(Lariat/ Machine Gun/ Rocks)
cGWTn.jpg
E50dV.jpg
fdOzJ.jpg

I've been playing Doom since before he was cool. He was in 2 of my Vanilla team. So F-U bandwagoners. :)

Grecco

Those videos are from SCR last year. Dont think hes played Wesker recently. Either way hope we see more of Yipes.

Solune

Yo Mahvelllllll... I'm back in Dubai after a month, so I can finally play online again, H&H, watch streams and all that jazz.

I've been playing Doom since before he was cool. He was in 2 of my Vanilla team. So F-U bandwagoners. :)

Bandwagoning feels good man.

PSN invasion. Xbox Live overlords have crossed universes to take over another dimension.

PSNxLIve. On Thursday.

Biz, Tobe and KillaB will unleash some demons upon PSN GAF. It's up to three chosen ones to stand up against them.

PSN crew has until later this afternoon to tell me who is going to enter.

°First to 25
°Randomized order
°No character restriction
°Each player has 2 tags to tag in any team-mate at any of their matches.

Can this be 930 EST or later? Tomorrow I'm going to be scurrying all over the place, lots of meetings D:

Anth0ny

Anyone have any good Zero vids handy? I remember grand finals of some tournament was posted where Zero kept doing these crazy 100% combos... can't remember the players.

This character is fun as fuck. I'm tier whoring and loving it. Zero/Wesker/Doom leggooooooooooo

Experimental Team 2:
(Lariat/ Machine Gun/ Rocks)

Chris' biggest weakness has always been the fact that he can't control the space above him even though he can cover the bottom half of the screen all day. Missiles seems like it would be a better choice...

Also, I now realize that Doom needs a purple color.

Frantic

Yeah, go with missiles. Chris Prone Shot + Hidden Missiles is one of the most hilarious combinations in the game. It's unblockable online! :p

Grecco

Anyone have any good Zero vids handy? I remember grand finals of some tournament was posted where Zero kept doing these crazy 100% combos... can't remember the players.

This character is fun as fuck. I'm tier whoring and loving it. Zero/Wesker/Doom leggooooooooooo

Zero/Wesk/ something is probably what ill end up doing as well.. Screw capcom for not caring enough to patch this game. Might as well just pick whatever is cheapest.

Bizazedo

Zero / Doom / Wesker is something I have considered for dhc reasons, but Nova is too much fun. Not a fan of wesker second due to dhc reasons but if you master the super hard lightning loops I guess it is fine.

Dahbomb

What if they DO patch/balance the game after EVO? You guys going to pick the next cheap characters? Also Zero + Wesker have meh synergy with each other.

Capcom said they weren't going to do anything after AE but then they released a mega balance patch less than a year later.

sephi22

Chris' biggest weakness has always been the fact that he can't control the space above him even though he can cover the bottom half of the screen all day. Missiles seems like it would be a better choice...

Also, I now realize that Doom needs a purple color.
You're right, but I play rocks to ensure Haggar ToDs. Chris is the weak link of the team for sure.

Anth0ny

What if they DO patch/balance the game after EVO? You guys going to pick the next cheap characters? Also Zero + Wesker have meh synergy with each other.

Capcom said they weren't going to do anything after AE but then they released a mega balance patch less than a year later.

Cheap is such a harsh word.

I'd call it... low execution.

I still use my vanilla team of Wolverine/Wesker/Sent because they are low execution, despite Wolvie and Sent being nerfed. Even if Viper or Magnus become the best characters in the game there isn't a chance in fuck I'll be using them.

Grecco

Theres no outrage over Ultimate like there was with AE. I dont see a reason to believe that a patch/balance would be announced after they said that they wouldnt.

Plus with Next gen consoles coming in as early as 2012 (Wii U) and 2013 (Next Xbox), i dont think Capcom would invest further time/money on this game. Plus seing as how they had to rush it out for 2011, it makes me wonder if their contract with Marvel is done. Right now i really think theres no reason to believe that we will see anything change with the game.

Also while yeah Zero/Wesker dont have the best synergy that doesnt mean a whole lot of anything. When you mix a bunch of stupid good characters it still ends up working see Pr Rog with his Spencer/Wonverine/Wesker team.

Dahbomb

Zero is medium to upper mid execution level. Lightning Loops are definitely high level execution. Also Wolverine is still extremely good, keep your Wolverine/Wesker/Sentinel team unless you just want to try something different.

Rocks cover Chris well enough I feel. Also allows him to extend combos and pile on the chip. The new Flamethrower buff of Chris definitely ups his zoning and covers a bit of his weaknesses well enough. Even if you have Hidden Missiles, Chris himself can't hit at super jump height well enough to confirm hits with it.

I dont see a reason to believe that a patch/balance would be announced after they said that they wouldnt.
They didn't say they wouldn't... they said there is no planned DLC at this time. Pretty much the same thing they say for everything and then release an update a year later.

Also maybe Capcom plans to release UMVC3 for Wii U as well... who knows their plans for the game. You can't exclude possible patches to the game especially bug/balance fixes... expiration of contract or not.

I think Capcom is just going to let the game breath until EVO and if something like a Wesker invasion hits EVO with someone winning with Wesker AGAIN there will be prompt and demand to balance the game with the new tournament data.

I just want Capcom to come out and say that the glasses mechanic was not implemented as intended and was an oversight.

PR Balrog's team had more synergy than people give it credit for. Spencer + Wolverine is CHEAP as hell, Wolverine + Wesker works well enough and Spencer + Wesker allows Spencer to do 1 million + combos off of just about any button. He used the Berserker Barrage well to cover Spencer's approaches. Anyway I think he has dropped that team now.

Bizazedo

Wesker probably needs Dooms beam assist. Doom doesnt need Weskers gunshot.

Meh. X factor is my "assist' :).

I am a big proponent of doing as much damage as possible which is why I would put Wesker third and doom second, but you are right. I would look for opportunities to put doom third after zero dies.

I just don't like zero to wesker unless it is to level three.

LakeEarth

After many "rank up" match losses, I've finally reached 4th Lord. One day I will have Cosmic in my title... okay no I won't. Still, woo!

El Sloth

Banned
I've always thought Shuma and Jill are criminally underplayed.

They are both real good characters with some tricky shenanigans. I still want to see someone really figure out crazy shit in Jill's level 3.

Edit: Here's Shuma doing the same with no assists, but needs 2 or 3 meters: http://youtu.be/AxHVsT0_RxA

http://i.imgur.com/BSONk.png[img][/QUOTE]
perfect response.

Here's another picture of the mvc3 stick that kadey sent :D

[quote][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6l1qZ.jpg

bottom is my old stick, dual modded. But the buttons is worn out, button don't work sometimes!

This brings the # te stick to 4 for the ps3 which means, I hope, SF X T scramble battle offline. :D

perfect response.

Here's another picture of the mvc3 stick that kadey sent :D

bottom is my old stick, dual modded. But the buttons is worn out, button don't work sometimes!

This brings the # te stick to 4 for the ps3 which means, I hope, SF X T scramble battle offline. :D

Send me your old stick, thnx

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Yipes destruction.. holy fucking shit.
dat perfect

Yipes has stepped it up so much, it's amazing he's somehow EVEN better every new time he pops out of hiding. Hope he enters in Curleh Mustache 2.

Solune

Watch kbkoolio's Youtube for killer combos and stuff, his stuff has actually been posted here before.

I've always thought Shuma and Jill are criminally underplayed.
They are both real good characters with some tricky shenanigans. I still want to see someone really figure out crazy shit in Jill's level 3.

Edit: Here's Shuma doing the same with no assists, but needs 2 or 3 meters: http://youtu.be/AxHVsT0_RxA

Because.... she's balanced.

shaowebb

The thing I really like about Jill is if you pair her with someone with a really long team hyper move like Dante or something she finishes her gun hyper so early that she can position and setup for a ton of stuff off of her partner's hyper while its still going. It costs two meters, but its really fun to just stand there prepped and ready to catch them all day as they bounce around. Its really irritating to suffer through someone screwing around as you get rocked knowing that they got something in store as soon as the hyper ends to likely kill you with.

Trolling.

smurfx

get some go again
you gotta be fucking kidding me. modok shield assist can absorb two 2 busters and taskmasters arrows? its not even powered up.

smurfx

get some go again
Pretty sure it counts the hits, and not the strength of the move.
how many freaking hits? i think there was a handangeki in there as well or 2. that is about 6 or 7 shots.

edit: ugh i swear doom should not be able to stay up in the damn air as long as he does.

Azure J

That Yipes destruction.. holy fucking shit.
dat perfect

Yipes has stepped it up so much, it's amazing he's somehow EVEN better every new time he pops out of hiding. Hope he enters in Curleh Mustache 2.

Seriously. I'm watching this and it reminds me of when guy was first playing Marvel 3 getting upset over how he played, then a few weeks later he's in ascended beast mode.

Watching that series between Filipino Champ and himself and hot damn. Devil Must Die on reaction to a goddamned ESTAKA?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PSN needs to tell me their three now. Invasion will start the same time I always start. Somewhere around 10 PM Eastern usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom