• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

SmokeMaxX said:
Yeah, so much unnecessary hate for Metaknight.
[/troll]

Damn I wish if we had an active Smash thread to continue this in, but lol so true.
Fucking broken as shit character.

On topic, when's the earliest we can expect a little something from Capcom? I need a new Mahvel fix, especially if Vergil's showing up now.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
sillymonkey321 said:
gamefly has the first version for $14, should i get that or wait for Ultimate? Does Ultimate make the first obsolete/will the two version be able to play with the same user base?
This game only has a 2 month lifespan left in it, but it's probably worth $14 imo.

shaowebb

sillymonkey321 said:
gamefly has the first version for $14, should i get that or wait for Ultimate? Does Ultimate make the first obsolete/will the two version be able to play with the same user base?
If you get it play it offline.

You can avoid all the patches and have one of the only untouched copies around to shoot vids off of and find crazy stuff in. We still don't know what all was found by Capcom with Spencer before they apparently removed a bunch of stuff with him.

Seriously. Buy it and DON'T let it update. Hilarious fun to show off for years.

Bob White

All I want is more invincible assists but I just know it wont happen. Assists that make people stop and think probably go against some sort of "let the mashers be happy" mantra at capcom.

Soulstar

shaowebb said:

You can avoid all the patches and have one of the only untouched copies around to shoot vids off of and find crazy stuff in. We still don't know what all was found by Capcom with Spencer before they apparently removed a bunch of stuff with him.

Isn't there a way to delete updates of games?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bob White said:
All I want is more Colossus assist to fuck shit up but I just know it wont happen. Assists that make people stop and think probably go against some sort of "let the mashers be happy" mantra at capcom.
Agreed.

@Soulstar, clear your 360's cache, if your on 360.

Owzers

let me rephrase my question a little bit:

Will Marvel vs Capcom 3 be patched to have the same features and gameplay balances that Ultimate version has? Is the difference only going to be the extra 12 characters?

I'm not a big fighting game fan, still haven't played the copy of Blazblue i bought awhile ago, but the $14 price and my liking of Marvel characters is enticing.

Soulstar

sillymonkey321 said:
let me rephrase my question a little bit:

Will Marvel vs Capcom 3 be patched to have the same features and gameplay balances that Ultimate version has? Is the difference only going to be the extra 12 characters?

I'm not a big fighting game fan, still haven't played the copy of Blazblue i bought awhile ago, but the $14 price and my liking of Marvel characters is enticing.
No.

sillymonkey321 said:
Will Marvel vs Capcom 3 be patched to have the same features and gameplay balances that Ultimate version has?

No.

Is the difference only going to be the extra 12 characters?

No.

If you're not a big fighting game fan, wait for Ultimate. Get vanilla only if you're willing to put in some time, because otherwise you'll find it not worth the money, seeing how the new one comes out in two months.

shaowebb said:

Or you know, you could delete the cache of your 360. :<

shaowebb

If I delete the Cache on the 360 wont I have to wait for every game to update itself that I already own if I go back to replay them, though?

shaowebb said:
If I delete the Cache on the 360 wont I have to wait for every game to update itself that I already own if I go back to replay them, though?

Yes you will.

Karsticles said:
I'm not sure if this works, but someone once told me you can just take the 360's HDD out and it will play un-updated.

I don't know if that would be working since you need a storage device to play most games. I dunno if MvC doesn't let you play a game without a storage device, though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Yes you will.

I don't know if that would be working since you need a storage device to play most games. I dunno if MvC doesn't let you play a game without a storage device, though.
You need a storage device to save, not to play (remember the arcade 360?). You can play but it won't keep your unlocks etc.

shaowebb

Personally, I'm hoping Iron Fist gets himself a nice anti air move similar to Chun Li's triple kick but with some invincibility to it, or some kind of seismo like move that puts up an energy barrier like a Seismo had mated with Jam Session.

Or he just comes out and DECKS YOU. Invincible Iron Fist standing there as a counter. You approach while he is out there and he punches you with the fury of an angry God! Literally.

God I can't wait for him to debut. I've waited 15 years for him to be in a good fighting game and he's going into one of the best. More importantly he is going into my personal favorite! Team "Ive waited 15 years to put Iron Fist on point" will ascend to a legendary moment in my gaming life as a dream come true! I will play him day one on my Ponystick and I will fly off into the heavens upon a rainbow of Friendship and Manliness unlike anything ever thought possible!

MANLY PICTURE TIME!!!!!

5tvzn4.jpg

EDIT: I haven't slept much this past week ...

Karsticles said:
Hey Dahbomb, another note for the changelog:
Dormammu's forward ground dash is significantly faster.
Has he updated the changelog for Morrigan's dashes too?

Also, all the speculative Hsien-Ko stuff needs to go until we are sure about it or hear some confirmation.
Sixfortyfive said:
Can't say I feel sorry for him.

I used to be impressed by Dante combos until I realized how many of his normals had absurd hiboxes and how many of his specials let him skirt around hitstun decay in all sorts of ways.
You have seen the light and I'm glad about it. :p
smurfx said:
lol i used hsien ko when i got the game and ended up switching later on. who knows hsien ko might return but i doubt it. i like zoning characters and she isn't good. i might pick up shuma though. i really like his beam assist.
That is exactly why I mentioned the hypothetical situation where she actually becomes good.

No one in their right mind would bother with her right now.
Bob White said:
All I want is more invincible assists but I just know it wont happen. Assists that make people stop and think probably go against some sort of "let the mashers be happy" mantra at capcom.
LOL Capcom probably thinks those invincible assists are an excuse for people who can't block and have to call for BS Burst-like assists that are even better because they can lead to full combos.

Mista Koo

AzureJericho said:
Real talk, this is somewhat true and not limited to traditional fighters either. I'll never forget the Smash Brawl hype days and every time a character with a sword came up it was either outright hate for the possible playstyles or "lol Link/Marth clones errwhere in this bitch." :lol
I was just commenting on how anyone can perceive any character as boring.
On a somewhat unrelated note Ike was my main in Brawl.

Mr Touchdown said:
I know right. Need music themes.... update your website Capcom.

I still suspect an update for that once they revealed the characters they'll reveal at TGS. Maybe, though, Niitsuma just forgot it. Which would make me a sad panda. Then again, it's just 2 more months until the full soundtrack. I've waited patiently until now, those 2 additional months I'll be able to cope.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mr Touchdown said:
Yeah so the SFxT guys just got their fix... we should get ours soon right?

Following the pattern of Gamescom and SDCC; we will get trailer tmw.

UMVC3 trailer usually came a day after SF x T characters trailers being released.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
13 hour day at school today. Gonna be F5ing the fuck out of this thread. Hope I can find a proper place to charge my phone and browse at the same time.

enzo_gt said:
13 hour day at school today. Gonna be F5ing the fuck out of this thread. Hope I can find a proper place to charge my phone and browse at the same time.

LOL Marvel 3 isn't going anywhere. I doubt the trailers will come today anyway.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly, they should make throws comboable like in TvC. Also, make She Hulk's air throw super be available on air.

Capcom conference is on Friday I think.

Looking forward to seeing Vergil, hope he's like a slower more methodical version of Dante. Please let him have a jam session-tier assist.

Hitbox on his sword is going to be retarded.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
toasty_T said:
Capcom conference is on Friday I think.

Looking forward to seeing Vergil, hope he's like a slower more methodical version of Dante. Please let him have a jam session-tier assist.

Hitbox on his sword is going to be retarded.
Yeah they have two stage shows, weird. The first one is the one that includes UMvC3 though.

Anyways, starts Friday at 8:05PM EST, with the UMvC3 segment scheduled to run from approx. 11:25 EST to 1:10 AM EST.

HYPE. I think we'll get trailers today or tomorrow.

Dahbomb

No way is he going to have a Jam Session like assist he isn't about controlling the vertical space. But he's going to have a good assists for sure.

He's going to be faster than Dante and probably more technical. More emphasis on teleports and lockdowns than out ranging opponents with huge sword range and long fancy combos. Summoned Sword should be very interesting because they have the potential to be totally broken in this game.

The wait is killing me. I get the feeling people are going to say "Strider who?" when the Vergil trailer comes out. I have extremely high hopes for this character.

Odinson

New tweet from Niitsuma

http://twitter.com/#!/Ryota_Niitsuma/status/113649726871707648
Google Translator: Tomorrow (today or longer), and various presentations! I checked the net in the afternoon toward evening!!

Stuff incoming this evening? or maybe tomorrow evening...

vg260

Soulstar said:
Isn't there a way to delete updates of games?

Yes, but it will clear out all your patches for everything. I forget how but it involves holding down some buttons at startup iirc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
Keep in mind Japan time...
So, that is still tomorrow for us right? Expect something in the AM or mid day tomorrow? Trailers will go out, maybe some previews. Presentations and whatnot he's referring to are the ones friday.

G
E
T

H
Y
P
E

shaowebb

Wait a sec...if its 2 to 3am now in Japan...when does TGS open?
Is there a chance we could see some Marvel in like 10 hours tonight at around midnight EST or a little later?

O_O

Smo21

shaowebb said:
Is there a chance we could see some Marvel in like 10 hours tonight at around midnight EST or a little later?

O_O

oeVID.png

shaowebb said:

O_O
The tweet seems to imply that "tomorrow" meant "technically today" since it's nearly 3AM over there. So yeah, I think there might be some reveals really late tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom