• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Smo21 said:
oeVID.png

it made me think of other GIF where the black guy were shocked .

0300_ymsh.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Becquerel said:
Watch the announcement not being characters but Shadow Mode actually making a triumphant return. =D

The special mode MVC3 owners get is actually SHADOW MODE!

But they had to "carefully re-engineer and remaster" the shadows so you have to buy each shadow pack again ;)

I actually suspect 4 characters being revealed; TGS is the most significant stage Capcom is on. NYCC will have the last pair (most likely Nova since iirc Marvel wants to reveal something Nova-related there, too).

Dahbomb

God's Beard said:
Almost guaranteed to be Rocket and Wright. Definitely the characters with the most Japanese appeal.
And Vergil. Dude is pretty big there. Even Capcom has acknowledged this multiple times.

I will bet my money hats it's going to be Vergil, Iron Fist, Phoenix Wright and rocket Raccoon. 2 reveals on one day and the other 2 the other day. About the same way they did Wesker/Spider Man and X-23/Tron pair for TGS last year.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Becquerel said:
I actually suspect 4 characters being revealed; TGS is the most significant stage Capcom is on. NYCC will have the last pair (most likely Nova since iirc Marvel wants to reveal something Nova-related there, too).

I suspected as well. I hope that they drop the bomb on MegaMan X DLC to make fans furious! :p

I just posted the GIF for people to compare it to Ammy's Shocking moment!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
We already know were getting more reveals than usual. That means either 4 or 6. By process of elimination on the basis that Capcom wont blow their load early and this being goddamn TGS, all evidence points to IF/RR/PW/Vergil.

What would be cool is if they revealed one each day, but I doubt that considering the demo is before that.

Dahbomb said:
And Vergil. Dude is pretty big there. Even Capcom has acknowledged this multiple times.

I will bet my money hats it's going to be Vergil, Iron Fist, Phoenix Wright and rocket Raccoon. 2 reveals on one day and the other 2 the other day. About the same way they did Wesker/Spider Man and X-23/Tron pair for TGS last year.
I'm guessing Vergil/Iron Fist for the reveals later tonight/tomorrow morning and Phoenix Wright/Rocket Raccoon for the TGS presentations.

They said that TGS is going to have more reveals than usual, IIRC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
It's been a long time coming, I'm still on the Vergil hype train chillin in the first class. :lol
Phoenix Wright Hype Train > Iron Fist Hype Train > Rocket Raccoon Hype Train >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vergil Hype Train.

shaowebb

2f0cd48.gif

I'm dropping bricks every time Iron Fist's jaw drops and each brick relates to an ability I imagine Iron Fist will have!

Bring on the show!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
Phoenix Wright Hype Train > Iron Fist Hype Train > Rocket Raccoon Hype Train >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vergil Hype Train.

Vergil is going to outclass every single new character in UMvC3. Except possibly Phoenix Wright.

shaowebb

GuardianE said:
Iron Fist is going to outclass every single new character in UMvC3. Except possibly Dark Iron Fist Transformation.

Fixed.
Theres no such transformation. You can't make him anymore powerful than he already is. Plus I like Vergil enough not to be jelly if he gets more moves.

Odinson

I'm HYPED to see everybody but really looking forward to IF/RR just to see their play styles. PW to see if the leak about his play style was real or not. Vergil....eh I'm happy for Dahbomb. Hype! Hype! Hype!

Azure J

enzo_gt said:

Boo this motherfucker! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I respect yo' troll tho.

Ashkeloth

Hyped for Iron Fist and Vergil. Fuck everyone else except perhaps Phoenix Wright.

Also, Vergil for perhaps the most overplayed character ever? He's basically going to be a lovechild of Wesker and Dante, AND he has a Katana, which is the Sniper Rifle/Desert Eagle of melee weapons.

Not that I'm hating. I'll be playing him like the rest of them, and I usually try to avoid overused characters.

Of course, if he has a high-ish barrier to entry similar to say Strider, who is cool but relatively hard to play, I can see a lot of what I think will happen with Strider happening to him, which is to say either lots of people playing him terribly, or just straight dropping him.

shaowebb

Outside of DAT FIST I'm really looking forward to seeing what Vergil brings to the table. I'm hoping he brings a bunch of glowing spinning swords to the table the most. That shit looked AWESOME and appealed to me as a Joachim fan from Castlevania.

Yo Dahbomb!
Call out your predicted 3 assists and I'll call mine!

• HEAL
  • Dragon Kick that goes through projectiles
  • Guard Breaking Punch that works like She Hulk Clothesline

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ashkeloth said:
Hyped for Iron Fist and Vergil. Fuck everyone else except perhaps Phoenix Wright.

Also, Vergil for perhaps the most overplayed character ever? He's basically going to be a lovechild of Wesker and Dante, AND he has a Katana, which is the Sniper Rifle/Desert Eagle of melee weapons.

Not that I'm hating. I'll be playing him like the rest of them, and I usually try to avoid overused characters.

Of course, if he has a high-ish barrier to entry similar to say Strider, who is cool but relatively hard to play, I can see a lot of what I think will happen with Strider happening to him, which is to say either lots of people playing him terribly, or just straight dropping him.

He has the most general appeal out of all the new characters, so yes. Probably.

shaowebb said:
Outside of DAT FIST I'm really looking forward to seeing what Vergil brings to the table. I'm hoping he brings a bunch of glowing spinning swords to the table the most. That shit looked AWESOME and appealed to me as a Joachim fan from Castlevania.

Yo Dahbomb!
Call out your predicted 3 assists and I'll call mine!

• HEAL
  • Dragon Kick that goes through projectiles
  • Guard Breaking Punch that works like She Hulk Clothesline

Guard breaking punch? That's too good. Even for Marvel.

Based on how Capcom has done their assists for the Vanilla characters, I imagine that Vergil will have one approach (Rapid Slash), one projectile (Judgment Cut), one general move counter (Rising Sun).

Dahbomb

3 Predicted Assists for Vergil (as already mentioned in my fan movelist):

Alpha: Judgment Cut (Projectile)

Beta: Rising Sun (Anti-Air)

Gamma: Lunar Phase (Lockdown)

Vergil is going to get over played and some people will get pissed off really quickly at him. And I am not going to shed a DROP of tear for those salty dudes.

Honestly I don't care for Vergil, only because I've never played DMC (yeah yeah I know, a friend got me a used copy that had a big nasty scratch on it so I couldn't finish it, now I'm just waiting for the inevitable HD collection)

I'm hyped for Phoenix to see how he plays. Plus his theme and English voice should be interesting. Iron Fist, I simply imagine as having badass martial arts moves in the same vein as Polimar. And then there's Rocket Raccoon, don't know much about the character but he looks like he could be fun in a TvC Roll Meets BB Hood kinda way.

Dahbomb said:

Vergil is big everywhere, but we've talked about this before. Either 4 reveals and maybe Vergil, or 2 and no Vergil.

SmithnCo

LakeEarth said:
Good or bad, we all want to see how Pheonix Wright looks and plays like in this game.

I hope they show him because he is the most exciting character for me. I hope I don't have to wait til CC but with this being a Japanese event and with the Latyon vs. game being shown as well I think it's a good bet he'll be there.

Anyone know how many new stages are left to show, if any?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SmithnCo said:
I hope they show him because he is the most exciting character for me. I hope I don't have to wait til CC but with this being a Japanese event and with the Latyon vs. game being shown as well I think it's a good bet he'll be there.

Anyone know how many new stages are left to show, if any?
We got mixed reports from official reps, anywhere from 8-10 new stages. Leak said Space stage, Metro City with Days of Future Past and one other I forget.

Azure J

Sorry to drag out one more Vergil hype topic here, but you know something I just thought of? If people were already getting salty (some justifiably, others not so much) over the range that Dante's sword had in Vanilla, what are they gonna say about Vergil when Yamato, his character defining weapon, is all about having deceptively huge hit arcs and swings?

shaowebb

I'm just hoping if the reveals are staggered that Vergil/Iron Fist are the first in line for the show.

Of course they may not be able to announce those two at the same time...the overwhelming AWESOMENESS of those two would shatter the building the moment they went up on the screen.

But then again...they're both sharing the same purple lighting so they may just be doing that.

YO DAHBOMB! GET IN HERE AND POST SOME MANLY PICTURE TIME FOR YA' BOY!

MANLY PICTURE TIME!
eqqft3.jpg

Azure J

Shaowebb, may I just say that although I have been hyped the most for Vergil & Strange throughout the course of this Penultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 hype thread, your posts have me itching to see how Iron Fist will play. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom