• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
I think you're somehow misreading me. Niitsuma previously said that there was a game mode he was excited about but couldn't reveal. SFxT is getting two very cool modes. Perhaps one of these modes is also in UMvC3, and that is what Niitsuma is excited about.

SFxT gets everything except an interesting roster and ridiculously awesome gameplay.

Hm, I see. I guess I did misread you. I suppose it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. I like SFxT's roster, just like I like UMvC3's roster, though.

enzo_gt said:
But please, give me 4 player splitscreen damnit!

4 player splitscreen in what?

Yeah, I'm really wondering about that Lupinko tweet myself. It seemed pretty straightforward which is very comforting. If it does turn out larger than UMvC3 it makes it look even sillier.
Karsticles said:
SFxT gets everything except an interesting roster and ridiculously awesome gameplay.
I'll agree with you on the gameplay, but...

-Pandora mode looks better than XF for those who want craziness toned down.
-Online TRAINING MODE
-The Tekken characters alone are a nice source of new gameplay for me
-*Lupinko said the Roster is going to be a lot larger than we thought*

What? SFxR's roster looks amazing so far, almost too good to be true.
If you're a SF and Tekken fan, I don't blame you. In my opinion, though, Marvel characters plus being able to pick from Capcom's entire library of characters
except Megaman
produces a far more interesting roster.

Let alone Lupinko tweeting about SFxT having more characters than UMvC3.
-_- When did that happen?

I'll agree with you on the gameplay, but...

-Pandora mode looks better than XF for those who want craziness toned down.
-Online TRAINING MODE
-The Tekken characters alone are a nice source of new gameplay for me
I hate Tekken and its character designs; I won't argue aesthetics though.

Pandora has to be less crazy than X-Factor because losing one character in SFxT equals a loss. If you could burn your second character for an X-Factor-like bonus in that game it would be like our current Wolverine mirror matches: first touch wins. I think you have to look at what is being provided within the scope of the game. I watched a video, and it didn't even show what the bonuses from Pandora are like, and we don't know how/if/when they scale.

Online training mode is godlike.

3D fighters killed Kars' dog. This game features Tekken. You have to take his opinions with a grain of salt.
I also think Street Fighter is pretty boring - my dislike of Tekken has nothing to do with not caring for SFxT, since SFxT is not a 3D fighter. The gameplay looks very uninteresting to me. If MvC3 had that gameplay, I would be extremely disappointed.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
I also think Street Fighter is pretty boring - my dislike of Tekken has nothing to do with not caring for SFxT, since SFxT is not a 3D fighter. The gameplay looks very uninteresting to me. If MvC3 had that gameplay, I would be extremely disappointed.

Well, MvC and SFxT are two completely different beasts. They are in no way trying to emulate one another. I'm not going to get into an argument about which style is better, because that's simply a hopelessly futile argument for both sides... they're simply different.

Regardless, I love Street Fighter and I love their characters, so I'm excited for SFxT. They haven't announced a single feature that I've been disappointed with... even their promotion is top notch. Hopefully Niitsuma is up to the task of really putting on worthwhile features in his game and putting out some interesting promos because while I also prefer MvC type gameplay, Ono has won out on features/hype with every goddamn release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
4 player splitscreen in what?
In UMvC3. 2 on 2s are not hard, the engine can do it, has done it, so they can implement it. Either the ridiculously crazy Cross Rush mode they have or even regular tagging kind of mode.

@Karsticles: Lupinko's tweet:

lupinko Lance Lingos
btw when i said sfxt had a bigger cast than dat marvel, obv i was talkin' bout dat ultimate mahvel, ya digg #teamlupinko

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
In UMvC3. 2 on 2s are not hard, the engine can do it, has done it, so they can implement it. Either the ridiculously crazy Cross Rush mode they have or even regular tagging kind of mode.

lupinko Lance Lingos
btw when i said sfxt had a bigger cast than dat marvel, obv i was talkin' bout dat ultimate mahvel, ya digg #teamlupinko

Why would they make it a 2v2 game? How would they work in assists? Why would you want your assist controlled by someone else? I dunno. That kinda feels like asking for something just for the sake of asking for it. I'm not sure how well it would work in the game itself.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
Edit: LOL SFxTekken gets online training mode too wow.

What in the world does the Mahvel fanbase have to do to get some fucking attention around here?
I've certainly always wanted to add online lag to my training regimen.

Why does anyone want that feature, btw?

Kimosabae

Banned
GuardianE said:
Why would they make it a 2v2 game? How would they work in assists? Why would you want your assist controlled by someone else? I dunno. That kinda feels like asking for something just for the sake of asking for it. I'm not sure how well it would work in the game itself.

It can be done. Put some thought into it. Why can't Assists simply work the way they do now, but have each player control their respective characters only on point?

That's just one example.

Or, you can simply have the player in the background call his Assist at his/her own will, with the same restrictions Assists have now, mechanically. This will challenge players more to be in sync their combos and strategy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
It's a seperate mode, they're not turning the entire game into 2v2. I'm just saying it would be a fun additional mode to have. And your assists would be either manually controlled (say they get a window to come in and do shit) or the player assisting could hit one of three buttons to choose from the three. I'm asking for it because it'd be fun and a riot to play locally with 4 players.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:

Sometimes it's nice to get in the lab with two people. I've spent hours playing with friends in player matches with different teams just trying stuff out. It's not a must-have addition or anything, but it's nice.

Also, sometimes I try to teach my friends certain things when playing (or vice versa). If that's the case, the benefit of having infinite life and infinite meter while they're trying those combos on me would be great.

Just saw the SFxTekken Pandora Trailer.

UMvC3 is looking pretty inadequate all of a sudden...
Sixfortyfive said:
Because my internet is actually good now.
GuardianE said:
Sometimes it's nice to get in the lab with two people. I've spent hours playing with friends in player matches with different teams just trying stuff out. It's not a must-have addition or anything, but it's nice.

Also, sometimes I try to teach my friends certain things when playing. If that's the case, the benefit of having infinite life while they're trying those combos on me would be great.
Online fighting dojos could form pretty quickly when high level players start charging to teach folks new things.

There is a lot of promise in online training mode and it will be fantastic if the online is even slightly better than SFIV.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
It's a seperate mode, they're not turning the entire game into 2v2. I'm just saying it would be a fun additional mode to have. And your assists would be either manually controlled (say they get a window to come in and do shit) or the player assisting could hit one of three buttons to choose from the three. I'm asking for it because it'd be fun and a riot to play locally with 4 players.

Oh, no I get it. I understand it's a separate mode, I just question its value. I'm all for more modes, though, so bring it all on!

Sixfortyfive

Online versus is something that you merely tolerate when offline versus isn't currently available to you. Offline training mode is always available, though. Hence, online training mode is roughly as appealing to me as Shadow Battle, Time Attack, Survival Mode, etc. They're bullet points to be put on the back of the box to pad out the listed feature set, not something I'd ever really see myself using.

SolarPowered said:
Online fighting dojos could form pretty quickly when high level players start charging to teach folks new things.
This has already been done. I remember when people were giving Gootecks shit for it too. "It's like a money match that he always wins!" lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would use Online Training Mode because I have friends with MvC3, some who live far away, and some want me to teach them tricks (one a casual guy who literally doesn't understand the use of OTGs in the game, I don't blame him, not like the game explains their necessity anywhere).

And sometimes you just want to show someone some setups and things. Next to Replay Saving, I'd want Online Training next.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sixfortyfive said:
Online versus is something that you merely tolerate when offline versus isn't currently available to you. Offline training mode is always available. Hence, online training mode is roughly as appealing to me as Shadow Battle, Time Attack, Survival Mode, etc. They're bullet points to be put on the back of the box to pad out the listed feature set, not something I'd ever really see myself using.

This has already been done. I remember when people were giving Gootecks shit for it too. "It's like a money match that he always wins!" lol
It is something that "you" tolerate. Not everyone has the same experiences. Some people actually have no local scene or are too busy to be able to travel to tournaments.

I know its hard to believe but a lot of people are doing more than just tolerating when playing online versus.

Online training would be a nice feature.

shaowebb

I'd want online training if it meant I could invite someone to train with me and we could hash out ideas together. Sometimes its better to have someone to work with than to go it alone. Lets you prepare for things you'll actually run into by having someone to play devils advocate with against your combos and setups.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
Online versus is something that you merely tolerate when offline versus isn't currently available to you. Offline training mode is always available, though. Hence, online training mode is roughly as appealing to me as Shadow Battle, Time Attack, Survival Mode, etc. They're bullet points to be put on the back of the box to pad out the listed feature set, not something I'd ever really see myself using.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, but the game shouldn't only be marketed towards gamers like you. I don't have local players to have matches with. I enjoy playing online with friends. There's purpose to it. It's a nice feature.

And I was already aware of the "online dojos", but it'd be easier with online training mode. Again, it's not for everyone, but it's hard to not see the value in it. I see value in things all the time that are worthless to me, personally.

It doesn't help that Marvel is such a fast game that you can die in literally less than 10 seconds. Training mode would afford more time if nothing else.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sixfortyfive said:

Better yet I would venture to say that MOST people who own current gen fighting games(and have online service) use online versus more than local versus. I have no data to back this up but I would bet this is the case.

You are more of an outlier than the norm.

Are people really complaining about online training?

Isn't this just pushing forward the idea that we should get more and more content out of our fighters? I mean would you rather them just not have it at all? Its not like its going to cost you more characters, that's already a static number. This is purely a bonus mode.

Also, I love the idea of playing with a headset, talking to the partner, and also being able to get down the consistency of my combo's without the threat of losing ratio/BP/PP/whatever it is, against a live player.

I love this.

Sixfortyfive

enzo_gt said:
I would use Online Training Mode because I have friends with MvC3, some who live far away, and some want me to teach them tricks (one a casual guy who literally doesn't understand the use of OTGs in the game, I don't blame him, not like the game explains their necessity anywhere).
Practically all of that would be better served by emulating VF4:E's tutorial/training modes, complete with character-specific combo starters, a full breakdown of all the system mechanics and recommended player skill levels at which to start incorporating them into your game, and dozens of high-level replays already on the disc.

I still don't get why Capcom is lagging behind in that regard so much. A game that you have to reference the internet to learn how to play is not particularly well-designed in that respect.

OMG Capcom give us replays on mission mode for SFxTekken and I'm done. I will give them ALL MY monies.
MThanded said:
Better yet I would venture to say that MOST people who own current gen fighting games(and have online service) use online versus more than local versus. I have no data to back this up but I would bet this is the case.

You are more of an outlier than the norm.
This is the absolute truth regardless of what anyone tries to argue. It is a big part of why no spectator pissed me and many people right the fuck off.

I will definitely get SFxTekken if they put Makoto in it now though.
DR2K said:
UMVC3 is looking less and less ultimate by the week.
SFxTekken has the chest hair, the money and the nice car. More like a grown man.

UMvC3 is looking kinda raggedy and childlike all of a sudden lol.

Azure J

SolarPowered said:
This is the absolute truth regardless of what anyone tries to argue. It is a big part of why no spectator pissed me and many people right the fuck off.

GET OUTTA MY HEAD CHARLES

Man, I picked a sweet as fuck time to get into fighters between Ultimate, SFxTekken completely blowing my mind, and Skullgirls being so pro-community in its development.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
Practically all of that would be better served by emulating VF4:E's tutorial/training modes, complete with character-specific combo starters, a full breakdown of all the system mechanics and recommended player skill levels at which to start incorporating them into your game, and dozens of high-level replays already on the disc.

I still don't get why Capcom is lagging behind in that regard so much. A game that you have to reference the internet to learn how to play is not particularly well-designed in that respect.

You're probably right, but even if it's included do you really think that people will stop referencing the internet for character strats? Even if they include it and put all that effort into it, such a low percentage of people will care since there are online resources like Shoryuken.com.

DR2K said:
UMVC3 is looking less and less ultimate by the week.

Don't worry, PMvC3 (PENultimate MvC3) will fix that for you in 2012. :lol

Seth says it's the last version of MvC3 (UMvC3, that is), but Ono said no updates for SF4 after AE and we're getting 2012 balance update.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
corrosivefrost said:
Don't worry, PMvC3 (PENultimate MvC3) will fix that for you in 2012. :lol

Seth says it's the last version of MvC3 (UMvC3, that is), but Ono said no updates for SF4 after AE and we're getting 2012 balance update.

But they're not charging for the 2012 update. I think that's quite a distinction.

Kimosabae

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:

Capcom isn't behind in this regard because VF4's tutorial modes were anti-progressive.

Yes, you heard it right. Your last statement is meaningless. No fighting game needs an elaborate tutorial mode internal or external to the game. I'm willing to bet VF4's training tutorial modes chased more players away than it put it's hooks into.

In fact, fighting game designers dig their own graves advertising depth. This needs to stop.

DR2K

Banned
SolarPowered said:
OMG Capcom give us replays on mission mode for SFxTekken and I'm done. I will give them ALL MY monies.

UMvC3 has the chest hair, the money and the nice car. More like a grown man.

UMvC3 is looking kinda raggedy and childlike all of a sudden lol.

And they're not trying to sell you a used car with their roster either.

I was trolling.
Ohhhh. K.

Ono has won out on features/hype with every goddamn release.
Have you considered that it's because Capcom gives him more money to work with?

lupinko Lance Lingos
*bitter*

I like online training mode for two reasons:
1) I want to experiment on how to handle a matchup with a certain character. I have friends that are willing to do this online, but it can only go so long before we have to return to the character select screen or my character dies.

2) Training mode options just don't cover all of what an opponent can do. Like for example, if I want to see whether a setup is easy or hard to block reliably, the AI can't help me with that. It also can't help me with figuring out what counters my setups outside of changing tech rolls and stuff.

Basically, I want it because I don't have IRL friends that play with me.

UMvC3 is looking pretty inadequate all of a sudden...
Remember when Seth Killian said Capcom was looking for SFxT to "set the standard for online features in the fighting game world"? Yeah...

I only play online.

Sixfortyfive

GuardianE said:
You're probably right, but even if it's included do you really think that people will stop referencing the internet for character strats? Even if they include it and put all that effort into it, such a low percentage of people will care since there are online resources like Shoryuken.com.
The developers can't exactly include documentation that covers every little wrinkle you could ever want to know about the game, no.

Capcom could stand to do a lot better, though. Other companies certainly have. It's the only reason I ever once considered myself to be competent at Virtua Fighter.

Kimosabae said:
In fact, fighting game designers dig their own graves advertising depth. This needs to stop.
I can't remember a single fighting game that advertised "depth," so I literally have no idea what you're trying to say.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
The developers can't exactly include documentation that covers every little wrinkle you could ever want to know about the game, no.

Capcom could stand to do a lot better, though. Other companies certainly have. It's the only reason I ever once considered myself to be competent at Virtua Fighter.

I agree. I think that Capcom can definitely step it up in some respect.

I think something as comprehensive as Virtua Fighter's tutorial mode is overkill, though. I think that something akin to BlazBlue's tutorial mode and character specific tutorials is better for today's generation of gamers. Simpler concepts, but giving true beginners somewhere to start.

AzureJericho said:
GET OUTTA MY HEAD CHARLES

Man, I picked a sweet as fuck time to get into fighters between Ultimate, SFxTekken completely blowing my mind, and Skullgirls being so pro-community in its development.
Sorry

I'm am you and you are me and we are all together!*laughs maniacally*
Karsticles said:
I'm laughing at this shit right now haha. Remember when I said that Capcom was going to kill MAHVEL?

yeah
Karsticles said:
I like online training mode for two reasons:
1) I want to experiment on how to handle a matchup with a certain character. I have friends that are willing to do this online, but it can only go so long before we have to return to the character select screen or my character dies.

2) Training mode options just don't cover all of what an opponent can do. Like for example, if I want to see whether a setup is easy or hard to block reliably, the AI can't help me with that. It also can't help me with figuring out what counters my setups outside of changing tech rolls and stuff.
Yep, that element of trying out anything against someone without having to worry about making mistakes is a big plus for online training mode. I'm happy as hell that Ono's team is getting better and better on the online front.
Karsticles said:
Basically, I want it because I don't have IRL friends that play with me.
Me too... and it is probably going to get worse once SFxTekken hits with all that good shit.

I might stick around if that MLG controller is any good though.
Karsticles said:
Remember when Seth Killian said Capcom was looking for SFxT to "set the standard for online features in the fighting game world"? Yeah...
Yeah...

:I
DR2K said:
And they're not trying to sell you a used car with their roster either.
Lol this

Dahbomb

What the fuck is up with the ANTI-HYPE in this thread all of a sudden?

BTW my mind would be blown if SF X Tekken has a bigger roster than UMVC3. Game looks hawt but so does UMVC3.

I really hope the new modes in UMVC3 are good too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
By the way, UMvC3 is confirmed a Vita launch title guys. See famitsu thread.

People are going to be getting hype on the go.

@Dahbomb, no anti-hype here. I'm hyped as fuck for the news explosion coming later this week. Don't forget we are gonna get new modes and shit more likely too. Fairly confident after the SFxT TGS blowout that theyre going to have something serious to show beyond character trailers too for UMvC3. New modes and the first CG trailer most likely.

Nemesis_

Poor 3DS.

Capcom are really getting behind VITA though. That's SFxT with the exclusive character and NOW we've got Ultimate MvsC3 as well. Crazy stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Professor Beef said:
No way, I learned my lesson already.
Welcome home, buddy. Never figured out why you got banned, whatcha do in a famitsu thread?

Dahbomb said:
Doesn't 3DS get MH4? That's pretty fucking big as MH is one of the biggest portable titles in Japan.
Yeah but we don't know if it's exclusive, and it would be out of this world if MH didn't eventually come to Vita.

Nemesis556 said:
Poor 3DS.

Capcom are really getting behind VITA though. That's SFxT with the exclusive character and NOW we've got Ultimate MvsC3 as well. Crazy stuff.
They got MH4.

I think they'll be fine.

Edit: Beaten like a Lei Lei at in a top 8 tournament bracket.
Dahbomb said:
Doesn't 3DS get MH4? That's pretty fucking big as MH is one of the biggest portable titles in Japan.
might send you a PM later about the Morrigan changes, Ammy and Hsien-Ko.

enzo_gt said:
Welcome home, buddy. Never figured out why you got banned, whatcha do in a famitsu thread?

Yeah but we don't know if it's exclusive, and it would be out of this world if MH didn't eventually come to Vita.
I asked where I could find a scan, which is in the same ballpark as asking for scans apparently.

Nemesis_

I suppose I meant FOR MYSELF. Since I don't really care about MH at all, and would prefer MAHVAL in 3D.

But, yeah, I see what you guys mean. Sorry for not being clear.

I really want this TGS media blowout to hurry up and, errr, blow out. >_>

Smo21

Get HYPE!!!!

f5tch.jpg

Qj4Is.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom