• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

might send you a PM later about the Morrigan changes, Ammy and Hsien-Ko.
Nice.

I am ALMOST contemplating skipping college today for MVC3 hype...

That Iron Fist pic is pretty fucking manly. Hype +1 (although at this point adding +1 to infinity is pretty pointless)

Azure J

To hype with the family or on the go, that is the question.

Seriously, I was about to go all PS3 in about a week or so but the Famitsu announcement (which honestly I'm surprised I didn't expect coming, or at least so soon) has made me rethink that and wonder if I should go all in on Vita.

Dahbomb

DR2K said:
UMVC got nerfed to red-headed step child tier, above Hsienko of course.
You make it sound like UMVC3 got nerfed to Phoenix level.. which is impossible as there is no tier above Phoenix. :D

What it actually looks like is that UMVC3 was sitting comfortably at around near top tier and some other character got major buffs and people are crying that new character is too OP and no one is going to play UMVC3 anymore because it's obsolete.

Briarios

I'm all for HYPE!

detail.jpg

Frantic

My hype for this game is still as high as ever. As a DMC fan, this is pretty much the closest I'll ever get to a true DMC sequel for a long time coming, what with it now featuring three DMC characters(and the best of the series' characters, imo) and having the 'sandbox' combos of DMC in general. Honestly, I could just play this game in training mode messing around with combos and the various characters and team synergies for hours on end. It's just too fun.

If they were to add Gene as DLC, it would be pretty much the best game ever for me.

Smo21

Briarios said:
I'm all for HYPE!

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/20/4bc5e6a70d92a/detail.jpg[/IMG]

i was kinda hoping Drax would get in umvc but Nova will more than make up for this.

DR2K

Banned
Dahbomb said:
You make it sound like UMVC3 got nerfed to Phoenix level.. which is impossible as there is no tier above Phoenix. :D

What it actually looks like is that UMVC3 was sitting comfortably at around near top tier and some other character got major buffs and people are crying that new character is too OP and no one is going to play UMVC3 anymore because it's obsolete.

Phoenix don't give a fuck about Capcom nerfs, look at how smug she looks in her official art. She'll be drowning the testosterone heavy roster with her estrogen filled feathered.

UMVC3 will have DLC modes. . . lol.

Briarios

Smo21 said:
i was kinda hoping Drax would get in umvc but Nova will more than make up for this.

Drax would have been badass! There are so many cool cosmic that could have made it in ... I have to tell you, though -- I'll be supremely disappointed if one of Rocket's hypers doesn't feature Groot.

Mission mode needs some real revamping. I'm not expecting VF4E level tutorials but it should have actual bnbs with juggles, relaunches and little quirks like IAD out of seismo with Viper, style cancelling with Dante, Mag airdash loops (last mission is 2 reps I think) etc. which are all critical in being an effective player with any of these characters. The dev team should know by now what everyone is using so it's a good opportunity to shake things up and add a DEMO mode which is a retarded exclusion for both this and SF4.

Then again it's Capcom and they don't gaf

Dahbomb

Bold cancel was used in the last mission of Dante although it was rather basic in application.

I am pretty sure Mission mode will be having different combos than before. Some of the stuff possible before may not be possible anymore.

AzureJericho said:
To hype with the family or on the go, that is the question.

Seriously, I was about to go all PS3 in about a week or so but the Famitsu announcement (which honestly I'm surprised I didn't expect coming, or at least so soon) has made me rethink that and wonder if I should go all in on Vita.
Wat? Noooooo

noooo
Dahbomb said:

I like this comparison, but it'd be more apt if MvC3 was brought down to a reasonable level. We were more of a Wesker before. Solid, but not great until all the chips are down the tournament play kicks in for greatest hype.
Briarios said:
I'm all for HYPE!
All the constant Nova pics were actually kind of annoying at first because I was still kinda salty about the new characters on the Marvel side, but he doesn't look so bad now.

You Nova fans had better store a major cache of images in preparation for his reveal
At Comic Con
. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
toasty_T said:
Mission mode needs some real revamping. I'm not expecting VF4E level tutorials but it should have actual bnbs with juggles, relaunches and little quirks like IAD out of seismo with Viper, style cancelling with Dante, Mag airdash loops (last mission is 2 reps I think) etc. which are all critical in being an effective player with any of these characters. The dev team should know by now what everyone is using so it's a good opportunity to shake things up and add a DEMO mode which is a retarded exclusion for both this and SF4.

Then again it's Capcom and they don't gaf
Someone needs to slap the shit out of Capcom and tell them to make some real fucking tutorial modes. Holding back the entire genre IMO.

Oh and tell them to get rid of stupid shield-slash and equally terrible assist missions.

Azure J

enzo_gt said:
Someone needs to slap the shit out of Capcom and tell them to make some real fucking tutorial modes. Holding back the entire genre IMO.

Oh and tell them to get rid of stupid shield-slash and equally terrible assist missions.

At the very least, Ono's doing good paying attention to this kinda stuff and even shouting out grassroots things like Skullgirls which are trying to be as comprehensive with universal things like this (the terminologies, gradually teaching new players fundamentals by "game-ifying" their training, etc) as can be.

I can only hope that this sentiment will trickle down Capcom development studios though. It's for the good of the entire genre and no one can feel wronged for that much if it brings in new players for the games and new fighters to appreciate.

SolarPowered said:
Wat? Noooooo

noooo

The cosmic video game dilemma right there.

Caj814

when it comes to marvel reveals it always happens during the morning in the mid week. specifically around 10am cst from what I notice.

Dahbomb

Haha those assist missions are ass. Never forget the Drone + Shield Slash Sentinel Mission mode. Does no damage and is harder than most BnB combos.

10908-467075-20090602064034.jpg

That's not dark demonic energy coming out of Vergil.... that's pure unadulterated HYPE. The cocky grin is him being excited to finally have the strongest characters to fight against including a rematch with Dante. No other stage is big enough for him and his return shall be LEGENDARY.

Dahbomb said:
Haha those assist missions are ass. Never forget the Drone + Shield Slash Sentinel Mission mode. Does no damage and is harder than most BnB combos.

http://media-worlds.theotaku.com/10908-467075-20090602064034.jpg[IMG]

That's not dark demonic energy coming out of Vergil.... that's pure unadulterated HYPE. The cocky grin is him being excited to finally have the strongest characters to fight against including a rematch with Dante. No other stage is big enough for him and his return shall be LEGENDARY.[/QUOTE]
Looks like stink lines to me. Did he just fart? ;)

Dahbomb said:

10908-467075-20090602064034.jpg

That's not dark demonic energy coming out of Vergil.... that's pure unadulterated HYPE. The cocky grin is him being excited to finally have the strongest characters to fight against including a rematch with Dante. No other stage is big enough for him and his return shall be LEGENDARY.
That smug grin is just the best.

Edit: Fuck it, I'm all in on the Vergil hype train now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
At the very least, Ono's doing good paying attention to this kinda stuff and even shouting out grassroots things like Skullgirls which are trying to be as comprehensive with universal things like this (the terminologies, gradually teaching new players fundamentals by "game-ifying" their training, etc) as can be.

I can only hope that this sentiment will trickle down Capcom development studios though. It's for the good of the entire genre and no one can feel wronged for that much if it brings in new players for the games and new fighters to appreciate.
Ono helping promote Skullgirls? Good shit.

Personally, the game seems pretty boring to me, because of the pace and the muted art style. The effort the team is putting into it though, especially with the animations and all the modes and extra stuff is something I have the UTMOST respect for though. Good shit, Skullgirls devs, keep doing your thing.

smurfx said:
come on i want my rocket raccoon character trailer! i don't give a fuck about the others.
ibmrYGEPNlUGfZ.gif

Dahbomb said:
That's exactly the one I'm on about. After about an hour of trying I just put MvC3 down for like a week and a half. Fuck that (heavily scaled) shit.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
enzo_gt said:
Those were funny as hell.

"Mid-Screen Only"
"This is a Cap assist combo isn't it? *checks* Yep."

Dahbomb

~Devil Trigger~ said:
So

If the VITA version of SFxT has a Sony exclusive character

does that mean...
Oh my god not with this character exclusive bull shit again. :/

MMX for Vita would be hysterical.

One of Wesker's mission (it was only like Mission#5) had you do a combo where you tripped an opponent and juggled them with Chris's Gun assist while teleporting behind them for a launcher. The timing on the assist call is SUPER tight and the combo in general is fucking useless because the Teleport in between the combo just messes up your combo even more.

I'm going to sleep, but I'll gladly watch that video from Max' breakdown if you've still got it, Dahbomb.

I actually think you are right.
Professor Beef said:
Looks like stink lines to me. Did he just fart? ;)
Demonic farts of unimaginable power.
enzo_gt said:
Ono helping promote Skullgirls? Good shit.

Personally, the game seems pretty boring to me, because of the pace and the muted art style. The effort the team is putting into it though, especially with the animations and all the modes and extra stuff is something I have the UTMOST respect for though. Good shit, Skullgirls devs, keep doing your thing.
Why do you make me punch kittens, Enzo? Why?

;_;

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
Why do you make me punch kittens, Enzo? Why?

;_;
I WANT to like Skullgirls, I really do, but the flow of gameplay puts me off. Like, the animations and character designs have grown on me, but there's just this bland undertone that keeps me from liking the art style.

Still love you though <3

Nert

I've already bought MvC3 this year, I'm pumped for Ultimate, and I'll probably snap it up for Vita as well when I can. Capcom wins, I guess.

enzo_gt said:
I WANT to like Skullgirls, I really do, but the flow of gameplay puts me off. Like, the animations and character designs have grown on me, but there's just this bland undertone that keeps me from liking the art style.

Still love you though <3

TT_TT ;

C'mon man.

I've already bought MvC3 this year, I'm pumped for Ultimate, and I'll probably snap it up for Vita as well when I can. Capcom wins, I guess.
Since you seem to like the game enough to buy it plus its sequel twice, it seems like you are also a winner, since games you like are being made. Not everyone can say the same.

Regarding Skullgirls, the art style has grown on me a bit, but I'm still not moved to buy it due to time restraints. I wish it the best, just like SF3SO.

Ono (not Niitsuma) talking about UMvC3 at Sony's TGS conference:
http://ja.twitch.tv/puchi_/

I'm really hoping Vita players can't try to play against PS3 ones.

Mit-

UMvC3 is apparently a launch title for Vita. And maybe has some touch controls?

"It runs at 60fps" lol.

God I hope they fix the framerate issues on PS3 though. I wish for once a ****ing Capcom fighting game could perform the same on both consoles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ono is currently presenting UMvC3 on Vita.

UI seems the same on portable. Online network play confirmed. Also has Near functionality.

"A new playing style using the touch pad."
"Many other fun ways to play!"

EDIT: Vita version playable on TGS floor!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
Ono is currently presenting UMvC3 on Vita.

UI seems the same on portable. Online network play confirmed. Also has Near functionality.

"A new playing style using the touch pad."
"Many other fun ways to play!"

EDIT: Vita version playable on TGS floor!

not interesting in Vita version unless they decide to add Cole as sony exclusive charcter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom