• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarKnight said:
Something to test, hmm...have you foung any assists good for extending combos after Strider's OTG slide?

YOURS MAY BE BIGGER BUT MINE IS LONGER
2815sgw.jpg

...That just came out horribly horribly wrong didn't it?
107uz5t.gif

Strider might make a good team mate if I can find a high health character to replace Hsien-Ko. Thanks for the tests, Jintor.

I only have a couple more things that I'd like for you to try for my team specifically. Both of them are pretty simple. Just chuck enough hadoukens at a character with known health so that you can reduce it to 350k flat. Then I'd like you to get up close and personal with Morrigan. Blast them with finishing shower point blank and mash buttons(without blowing XF of course). I'd like to see how close you can get to killing them with that remaining amount of health. It could make the difference between doing 140k max with her finishing shower in a combo and doing a whopping 190k.

The same thing applies to Hsien-Ko and her Tenrai-Ha. Bring the character down to 350k with a certain amount of Hadoukens and blast them with a raw Tenrai-Ha to see how close she gets to killing them with mashing.

Finishing shower does 251k damage right now and Tenrai-Ha does 273k so getting within pixels of 350k for either is a nice improvement.

Thanks in advance!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
God how is it I'm this low on ideas for questions...Enzo please talk some Iron man or something. I'm goin to the well and coming up dry.

EDIT: MAX!

http://i.minus.com/isMeYgctTdKbM.gif[img]

Thank God. I got nothing right now. Please come up with some questions for Jintor in the lab. I've gone full brain fart over here and you could really help here with coming up with stuff.[/QUOTE]
The Godfather of Iron Man, Dahbomb, has already exhausted us of Iron Man changes. Everytime we ask/see impressions of Iron Man from people who have the game, it's the same old stuff. Faster and then neutralized unibeam, all specials being cancellable, and the universal dash nerf.

Sad to hear Denjin mode only lasts 4 seconds :(

I can't think of anything else to ask since I'm not very technically inclined. I was thinking maybe we can outsource some questions to SRK if people have accounts there.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
How did you miss this Ultimoo? This was one of the first nerfs we heard of. We were even making fun of you behind your back!

*pours out a little liqour for Ultimoo*

I actually play Marvel around here...?

Jintor

Anyway, I'm testing Wesker's health re: sunglasses now.

Wesker + Sunglasses = 10 hadoukens
Wesker without Sunglasses = 10 hadoukens.

Focus testing with deadpool taunts...

Wesker + Sunglasses = 9 hadoukens + 10 deadpool taunts
Wesker - Sunglasses = 9 hadoukens + 10 deadpool taunts.

No change...

shaowebb

Sans glasses do any of Wesker's moves change? Specifically does his air throw suddenly throw them under you again?

*yeah I know its a long shot but what the hell*

smurfx

get some go again
hey jintor is zeros air dash quicker than vanilla zero? i remember seeing it and it looking like it is but i never really looked at more vids.

One million is still a bit high for Wesker, but a lot fairer than before.
smurfx said:
hey jintor is zeros air dash quicker than vanilla zero? i remember seeing it and it looking like it is but i never really looked at more vids.
Didn't they nerf it?
enzo_gt said:
You left us out in the cold bruh, MahvelGAF ain't the same without you. Can we trade QisaTraitor away for an Ultimoo?
Capcom shat all over his team. I don't see why he would feel any sense of obligation after that haha.

shaowebb

Hmm... heres a thought.

Hawkeye
Hawkeye's arrow hyper homes in and hits from 360 degrees. If you're not blocking you eat it.

Try it on a jumping opponent and see maximum how many of that hyper you can hit them with before they hit the ground. I wanna know if this really is the new Air Hyper Viper Beam or not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I found the source of the Wesker Sunglasses rumour...

TNE: Wesker, when he throws his glasses... is that a rumor?

S-kill: You're draining me of all the fun stuff! But yes, he will be using his glasses.

TNE: Does it speed him up when he hits his opponents with them?

S-kill: Maybe. We like to change up gameplay things in addition to aesthetic things.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It's also entirely possible it hasn't been implemented yet, but more likely it may have been removed entirely. Try downforward or downback + L or M or H or S to throw off his glasses.

SolarPowered said:
Capcom shat all over his team. I don't see why he would feel any sense of obligation after that haha.
No kidding though, all 3 of those characters got unjust nerfs in my personal opinion.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It's also entirely possible it hasn't been implemented yet, but more likely it may have been removed entirely. Try downforward or downback + L or M or H or S.

No kidding though, all 3 of those characters got unjust nerfs in my personal opinion.

Maybe it refers to teleport or dash speed?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shaowebb said:
Maybe it refers to teleport or dash speed?
Or perhaps even walk speeds? A lot of testing required for this stuff though.

Hell, at least we got something to keep Jintor busy.

Perhaps there is a throw off command, perhaps there isn't. This is something we have to ask Seth come Tuesday.

Jintor

Obviously this stuff is all eyeball'd, but I don't think there is any difference in walk or dash speeds. There might be a slight teleport speed difference but it's too difficult to tell.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

It's also entirely possible it hasn't been implemented yet, but more likely it may have been removed entirely. Try downforward or downback + L or M or H or S to throw off his glasses.

"Throws his glasses" could just mean the animation he does when performing Phantom Dance. He literally grabs his glasses and possibly tosses them aside.

Jintor said:
Anyway, I'm testing Wesker's health re: sunglasses now.

Wesker + Sunglasses = 10 hadoukens
Wesker without Sunglasses = 10 hadoukens.

Focus testing with deadpool taunts...

Wesker + Sunglasses = 9 hadoukens + 10 deadpool taunts
Wesker - Sunglasses = 9 hadoukens + 10 deadpool taunts.

No change...

So there pretty much is no reason at all to put the sunglasses back on right now then.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
smurfx said:
hey jintor can you test out if any of weskers move are a bit more unsafe on block? dante too.

Well specifically, I'd like to see if Wesker's standing S is punishable by anything. Plenty of Dante's stuff is punishable.

I'll echo the thank you train to Jintor!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
smurfx said:
you thinking of using arthur?
I've always used arthur lol he's my 3rd or 2nd most used character o.o It's just a different team I have made for him. He works in mvc3 you just gotta build around him. But the pay off is really low for how hard it is to use him properly

smurfx

get some go again
QisTopTier said:
I've always used arthur lol he's my 3rd or 2nd most used character o.o It's just a different team I have made for him. He works in mvc3 you just gotta build around him. But the pay off is really low for how hard it is to use him properly
i didn't know this. i don't think i've ever tried using arthur. he can be really annoying but he has too many drawbacks. what is your team anyway? i know you use task and shuma but who else?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
smurfx said:
i didn't know this. i don't think i've ever tried using arthur. he can be really annoying but he has too many drawbacks. what is your team anyway? i know you use task and shuma but who else?
He has a reversal! it's his air throw... Im serious the grab range on it is retardedly HUGE. problem is you need deadpools otg move to do anything with it really, and ya not really worth the team spot D:

There are tons of little things you gotta do right and you need a steel wall defense. haha I guess you gotta be marlin pies complete opposite :p

shaowebb

smurfx said:
So help me if his team is Arthur/Shuma/Sentinel

The assists with that little bastard would drive me insane trying to get inside with Ryu.

Jintor

Input for spinning hornet kick is hold down, then up + atk by the looks of things. Has two levels of charge. First level of charge makes her and her kick move across the screen); L, M and H determine distance (and amount of kicks - 1, 2 and 3 revolutions respectively.) Second level of charge is the glowy level and stays in place instead, and might be more damage than the first level of charge? Same L M H determines revolution thing applies.

Also, Viper's optical blast can be charged mid-air, but you can't let go of the button until you're on the ground. It has relatively long startup but short recovery, but forces you into a standing position - can't be fired from air or from crouch.

enzo_gt said:
Ammy needs an aerial fireball similar to soul fist for some solid entry options. Make it qcb.attack for the air and call it a day.
QisTopTier said:
Yuuuuup! and all I have to say about arthur is.......

FUCK
I just read about the missing jump cancels on SRK.

:(
Sir Garbageman said:
Wesker has 1 million health? I thought it was nerfed more than that.
Jintor has access to an earlier build. It is still an indication that they see his old amount of health as excessive.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Taskmaster/Shuma/Sent *main*
Taskmaster/Sent/Felicia *I like kitties*
Taskmaster/Shuma/Felicia *this works stupidly well*
Arthur/Sent/Shuma *main arthur team*
Taskmaster/Shuma/Arthur *HOWS YOUR SPEED HOWS YOUR SPEED HOWS YOUR SPEED*

I don't play to own you. I play to piss you off :D

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
Taskmaster/Shuma/Sent *main*
Taskmaster/Sent/Felicia *I like kitties*
Taskmaster/Shuma/Felicia *this works stupidly well*
Arthur/Sent/Shuma *main arthur team*
Taskmaster/Shuma/Arthur *HOWS YOUR SPEED HOWS YOUR SPEED HOWS YOUR SPEED*

I don't play to own you. I play to piss you off :D

Q_Q*whimpers*

I knew it...

God help us all when you get ahold of Hawkeye and Rocket Raccoon. You+dead arrow=asshole tier.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
Q_Q*whimpers*

I knew it...

God help us all when you get ahold of Hawkeye and Rocket Raccoon. You+dead arrow=asshole tier.

Hawkeye doesn't really interest me that much. The main reason I like taskmaster so much is that he is pretty much a marvel version of Ky Kiske give or take a few things. I might try rocket raccoon depending on what I see. But ghost rider is the zoner I would be worrying about from me.

shaowebb

QisTopTier said:
Hawkeye doesn't really interest me that much. The main reason I like taskmaster so much is that he is pretty much a marvel version of Ky Kiske give or take a few things. I might try rocket raccoon depending on what I see. But ghost rider is the zoner I would be worrying about from me.

Ouch...Ghost Rider plus any of your Arthur team lineup sounds pretty rough since I like dude's like Ryu, Haggar, and Iron Fist. For some reason I can't resist guys that get inside and make it personal.

His Taskmaster/Sent/Shuma team is the worst of the bunch, really.

Edit: Just read SRK and this shit is hilarious. Jintor is like the Mahvel community's little oasis in the troll desert that is Capcom.

GatorBait

shaowebb:

Don't know if you read it (I think it was in the Marvel blog on Iron Fist alt colors), but the reason why they went with the collared look versus Iron Fist's new look is because Capcom requested it.

Dahbomb

Just came in here to say that Foul Winds/Gravitation on DOWNED opponents is UTTER BULL SHIT. Capcom needs to give these new mechanics a second go WTF are they thinking?

The health on the new characters is about on par with what I had estimated beforehand although I had pegged Strange as 800K.

The real surprise is Wesker's 1 million health... all the matches I saw of Wesker he was downed in similar fashion to Dante and Vergil (900K health characters or lower). A 200K health reduction was expected all around. Maybe they reduced his health further in the newer builds or maybe they upped it from the original build because they thought it was too low.

PLEASE CHECK AKUMA COMMAND FLIP MOVES!!!! (Does he get something after RDP+ Att, add S) And general Dark Phoenix stuff.

Jintor

I'm going out for the night (lol bomba sorry about the Akuma stuff ==;;), but I'll be back and testing later. Standard someone consolidate all the requests that I haven't dealt with into a single post for easier testing request.

Dahbomb

It seems that whenever I wake or am free... you are done for the night. I just missed all the requests when you were testing because I was busy too.

Different time zones FOR THE LOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom