• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

shaowebb said:
Props to Jintor for working so hard on Haggar and for giving me hope the follow through on jaw breaker is easier to perform for my Spencer.

I have one other Spencer question that I think we will all enjoy if it works the way I think it does Jintor:

SPENCER:
  • Try that zipkick into armor piercer again, but this time instead of hitting air S, landing into armor piercer try using his new death from above in the air instead of his air S to bring them back down and see if that is easier to connect armor piercer or any combo stuff from.

If that works then his combos just got longer, easier and much more painful.

j.zipkick into Death from Above works, though I'm antsy about enemy recovery and blocking possibility since the startup on Death from Above is considerable. I can't seem to cancel/follow through into armour piercer consistantly after Death from Above, though other moves seem to work (s.L, M, H, wire grapple etc.) so I think it's an execution error of some kind.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Jintor said:
No, I'll do that now.

/edit searching for relevant post... searching for relevant post...
LOL you just needed to see if he could jump out of his specials. Oh see if his Jump S is still special cancelable too. :D that is all err check the recovery time on air cross bow too >.>

Jintor

I'm doing some quick Taskmaster testing - his new impale move is pretty alright, easy to combo into and recovery is low enough that you can jump after the opponent quickly and arrows to OTG, though it's easier if you're throwing them into a corner because they they don't move too far away from you. On a side note, having difficulty getting the Legion Arrow off reliably after the OTG arrows, I don't think it bounces them quite as high enough as was speculated earlier.

Jintor

QisTopTier said:
LOL you just needed to see if he could jump out of his specials. Oh see if his Jump S is still special cancelable too. :D that is all err check the recovery time on air cross bow too >.>

You can't jump cancel his supers, his Jump S is still special cancelable. Recovery time on air crossbow still sucks.

Jintor

Foul and Fair Wind are pretty awesome, though they have some restrictions. Startup and recovery is a tad slow, and it can't be performed midair. You can call assists to cover it, but you can't call them mid-move, or cancel into other moves from it. I'm not sure if you can block it though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Jintor said:
Foul and Fair Wind are pretty awesome, though they have some restrictions. Startup and recovery is a tad slow, and it can't be performed midair. You can call assists to cover it, but you can't call them mid-move, or cancel into other moves from it. I'm not sure if you can block it though.

Cool. Thank ya kindly!

smurfx

get some go again
Jintor said:
I'm doing some quick Taskmaster testing - his new impale move is pretty alright, easy to combo into and recovery is low enough that you can jump after the opponent quickly and arrows to OTG, though it's easier if you're throwing them into a corner because they they don't move too far away from you. On a side note, having difficulty getting the Legion Arrow off reliably after the OTG arrows, I don't think it bounces them quite as high enough as was speculated earlier.
can you use it if shield skills is blocked? what is the recovery like if the impale move is blocked? is it safer on block than shield skills?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jintor said:
Can you see if storm has a third move, rumoured to be updraft that pushes opponents up?

Also thanks again for consistently providing info, Jintor. MahvelGAF appreciates it.

Jintor

smurfx said:
can you use it if shield skills is blocked? what is the recovery like if the impale move is blocked? is it safer on block than shield skills?

Which one is shield skills, his sword-combo-on-block attack?

Jintor

I should note for completeness that Fair and Foul wind does not effect projectiles. If there's an updraft move, I can't find it.

Taskmaster's stingmaster move causes hard knockdown.

Fair and Foul wind appear to drag downed enemies as well!

Neki

if that's true that might mean I have to drop ammy all together. sad days ahead of us.
no tron, no ammy, no sentinel. no one.

smurfx said:
its going to be great just shooting up arrows and keeping that damn dog far away.
Wait till I start picking the top tier. Shit is gonna be bananas!
Ultimoo said:
if that's true that might mean I have to drop ammy all together. sad days ahead of us.
YOU HAVE NO HOPE!

:'(

Jintor

smurfx said:

Okay, you can use it if shield skills is blocked, but it's not a grab, it's a hit, so it gets blocked as well.

Recovery is about equal to shield skills to honest.

Hey, Jintor, do you think that you could test the health values for the new characters?

I think that'd be something nice to know.
Jintor said:
I should note for completeness that Fair and Foul wind does not effect projectiles. If there's an updraft move, I can't find it.

Taskmaster's stingmaster move causes hard knockdown.

Fair and Foul wind appear to drag downed enemies as well!
Aw fuck this is something that slipped my mind even though I thought of it days ago.

Do Magneto's moves do the same thing?

:X

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
Hey, Jintor, do you think that you could test the health values for the new characters?

Aw fuck this is something that slipped my mind even though I thought of it days ago.

Do Magneto's moves do the same thing?

:X
lol imagine if he could now otg with his new move.

shaowebb

Jintor said:
j.zipkick into Death from Above works, though I'm antsy about enemy recovery and blocking possibility since the startup on Death from Above is considerable. I can't seem to cancel/follow through into armour piercer consistantly after Death from Above, though other moves seem to work (s.L, M, H, wire grapple etc.) so I think it's an execution error of some kind.

HELL YEAH!
I thought this would work on some level and this will make that combo a bit longer and a lot easier to execute into hypers.

Sadly I can't remember if the rest of my question ideas have been answered because I've been so absent due to college lately. I'll ask them just in case though.

CHUN LI
  • Does her kikosho hyper OTG?
  • Can you cancel her new move into anything?

RYU
  • His new hadoshoryuken in boost mode is mashable for extra fireball hits like Cyclops' old gene splice. Can you follow this up with his Shinko hadoken hyper or is the startup too long to link?
  • Can you cancel his tatsu's with anything?

Spencer
  • Is his zipline cancel-able into his new move "death from above?" Specifically the swing one that looks similar to spidey swing in its arc and not the ones that go in straight shots. It was slow as hell before and canceling it would make it better.

For the record its been ages and if I'm out of the loop and these have been answered please someone just tell me so he can ignore these questions if needed.

Jintor

SolarPowered said:

Strider takes 7 hadoukens and 5 deadpool taunts to down.
Firebrand takes 8 hadoukens and a 5 deadpool taunts to down.
Nemesis takes 11 hadoukens and a 5 deadpool taunts to down.
Hawkeye takes 9 hadoukens to down.
Strange takes 8 hadoukens and 5 deadpool taunts to down.
Ghost Rider takes 10 hadoukens to down.

So converted:
Strider - 750,000
Firebrand - 850,000
Nemesis - 1,150,000
Hawkeye - 900,000
Strange - 850,000
Ghost Rider - 1,000,000

smurfx said:
hey jintor you said you are playing arcade mode right? does arcade mode have the endings as well?

Goes to 3 rounds and then whites out and returns to title menu.

Jintor

shaowebb said:
Spencer
  • Is his zipline cancel-able into his new move "death from above?" Specifically the swing one that looks similar to spidey swing in its arc and not the ones that go in straight shots. It was slow as hell before and canceling it would make it better.

I was actually testing this one earlier since I'm excited about the possibility of this new move. zipline is, unfortunately, not cancelable into Death from Above.

I have a hunch that DfA might OTG, but the startup is huge and it's very difficult to test this.

Jintor

I tested rider again because I wasn't sure it was accurate, but it appears that it is - 10 hadoukens to down Ghost Rider.

shaowebb

Thanks for all the Spencer stuff Jintor and for trying on Haggar. Its really cool of you.

Just wanted to know if you could test a theory about air xfactor.

Try this combo if your comfy with it. If not s'cool no big.
Take Ryu vs Thor and do his mediocre combo of ...

LMHS>MMH>Tatsu H> AIR XFACTOR

Then try to repeat the airMMH>Tatsu H after the x-factor

Just curious on how big a damage booster it'll be toward the simple stuff considering I'm terrified of what Storm, Sent, Magneto, Thor and other flyers can do with this for extensions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
How did you miss this Ultimoo? This was one of the first nerfs we heard of. We were even making fun of you behind your back!

*pours out a little liqour for Ultimoo*

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Haven't been in here for a while...for reasons that will be explained soon, but mad shoutouts to Jintor. Putting in all that time for community efforts is pretty boss.

shaowebb

God how is it I'm this low on ideas for questions...Enzo please talk some Iron man or something. I'm goin to the well and coming up dry.

EDIT: MAX!

isMeYgctTdKbM.gif

Thank God. I got nothing right now. Please come up with some questions for Jintor in the lab. I've gone full brain fart over here and you could really help here with coming up with stuff.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
shaowebb said:
EDIT: MAX! Thank God. I got nothing right now. Please come up with some questions for Jintor in the lab. I've gone full brain fart over here and you could really help here with coming up with stuff.

I got one, not sure if this was mentioned before...

Jintor, check if Wesker can throw his glasses in any way? I know you've got a preview build with no command list, but try a combination of atk+S or taunt in any fashion. This was briefly mentioned before but we didn't hear anything since.

Jintor

LeMaximilian said:
Haven't been in here for a while...for reasons that will be explained soon, but mad shoutouts to Jintor. Putting in all that time for community efforts is pretty boss.

This might be asking a little much Max, but can you get Doom to say "Jintor" somewhere? Anywhere? It's my only desire. :)

That and drinks with anyone in this thread, as I've previously stated.

Oh, and Shao to name a murder-mantis after me.

Jintor

I'm having trouble continuing the air combo after the X-factor.

Anybody know the input for Chun-Li's new moves?

Nemesis556 said:
Did we not test Vergil's health already?

He's not in the build brah. Him or Iron Fist.

shaowebb

Jintor said:
This might be asking a little much Max, but can you get Doom to say "Jintor" somewhere? Anywhere? It's my only desire. :)

That and drinks with anyone in this thread, as I've previously stated.

Oh, and Shao to name a murder-mantis after me.

...not a cricket?
JK Always good to see the love of that thread pop up.

Something to test, hmm...have you foung any assists good for extending combos after Strider's OTG slide?

shaowebb said:

isMeYgctTdKbM.gif

YOURS MAY BE BIGGER BUT MINE IS LONGER
2815sgw.jpg

...That just came out horribly horribly wrong didn't it?

shaowebb said:
God how is it I'm this low on ideas for questions...Enzo please talk some Iron man or something. I'm goin to the well and coming up dry.

http://i.minus.com/isMeYgctTdKbM.gif[/ig]

Thank God. I got nothing right now. Please come up with some questions for Jintor in the lab. I've gone full brain fart over here and you could really help here with coming up with stuff.[/QUOTE]
I have a question! Is there a boulder that even Iron Fist could not break?

Nemesis_

Jintor said:
I'm having trouble continuing the air combo after the X-factor.

Anybody know the input for Chun-Li's new moves?

He's not in the build brah. Him or Iron Fist.

Ahh, right. Sorry. =P

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
SolarKnight said:
Oh yeah, have you tested if he seems to have less health without his sunglasses?

Good call. Normally if I go out without sunglasses, I'm on the brink of death every step. Poor Wesker.

Jintor

Uh... Chun-Li started glowing when I crouched with her for longer than... 1 second on the in-game timer. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom