• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

myco666

The PS3 game suffered from a bunch of frame drops due to enabled v-sync which was to rid the game of tearing. The 360 didn't have v-sync so it did tear but that wasn't much the case usually, so the 360 version had less frame drops. With that it became the defacto version of the game.

But both versions cannot be purchased completely anymore since the dlc has been delisted.

So this is pretty much the best version to get? Alright bought it. It is even way cheaper than physical copy for PS3 so win-win I guess.

Bazza

I see some of you guys talking about sticks. What I would recommend is to get yourself a Brook Universal Fighting PCB that plays ps3, PS4, pc, xbox one and 360 as well as wii u. Saves you money while future proofing your stick. Just an FYI.

Cheers for that little bit of info, cost a bit for 2 but less than 2 new sticks.

any recommendations for an "easy" team to start with?

It kinda comes down to what you're comfortable with.
Wesker's a good choice for a 3rd slot, as he benefits a lot from level 3 X Factor, plus he has a really good assist with his OTG gunshot (it's probably the easiest OTG assist to use in my opinion), and he's a solid character.
Doom is a good choice too, in second position. He requires a bit of learning to play well, but I'd say he's one of the easier characters to execute advanced techniques with, such as foot dive loops.

First character is up to you, but they're probably two of the best yet not too hard to learn characters.

SkylineRKR

Game looks amazing on PS4. I always thought it was too dark, and there were jaggies and slowdown on PS3. But not here.

More fun than SFV imo, lol.

JP

Although I did play this last generation I really am a beginner with this game.

Can anybody advise the differences between the Classic & Dynamic versions of the BGM and SFX? The only differences I'm spotting is that the Dynamic audio appears to sound a bit more muffled to me but I'm not actually sure about that. I've had to really drop the BGM volume down to 3 using both modes as it really drowns out the rest of the audio, for me.

SeanR1221

I'm absolute garbage online. I get popped into a 30+ combo, can't get out and just get bodied.

What do I doooooo

I'm like 1-8 now

FinKL

any recommendations for an "easy" team to start with?
Wolverine is the definition of brain dead easy. Sentinel is also pretty easy to pick up at a basic level. Pair it with Akuma's Tatsu assist and your good to go.

Better yet why not pick KaneBlueRivers team

Haggar, Hulk, Sentinel

I barely played this game last-gen but can already tell the audio mix is way off. It just sounds really muted and distilled. Not surprised that GAF Ninjas are also noticing sound bytes being completely wrong in some cases too.

I can confirm there are problems with the audio. I'm using the same setup as I did for the 360 and it's too muffled. Game needs an update to fix this.

myco666

This game feels weird. Some how it feels super stiff yet so fluid.

Having fun doing missions and Arcade mode was decent button mashing.

If any beginners would like to play just add me, psn: Assassio.

I'm learning too.

Will add you later.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Although I did play this last generation I really am a beginner with this game.

Can anybody advise the differences between the Classic & Dynamic versions of the BGM and SFX? The only differences I'm spotting is that the Dynamic audio appears to sound a bit more muffled to me but I'm not actually sure about that. I've had to really drop the BGM volume down to 3 using both modes as it really drowns out the rest of the audio, for me.

Dynamic has more orchestral versions of some of the themes like the main menu music

Lucinice

Neo Member
So is the only issue so far the audio mixing? I mean that's not great but that's definitely not the mess USF4 was when it came to PS4.

vg260

So is the only issue so far the audio mixing? I mean that's not great but that's definitely not the mess USF4 was when it came to PS4.

Hopefully that gets patched. Maybe the PS4 version was rushed out a bit.

Is this an in-house port, then?

ChrisSTARR

Neo Member
Anyone else notice that all of Frank's toilet plunger moves make a zombie noise? Strange.

Anyway, the transition from stick to pad has been difficult, but I'm just using my Wolvy/Frank team until I get used to it.

Zissou

Yeah, the main issue that's been brought up is audio glitches, which will hopefully be addressed. Luckily, so far at least, the port seems mechanically up to snuff.

Producer

Anyone else notice that all of Frank's toilet plunger moves make a zombie noise? Strange.

Anyway, the transition from stick to pad has been difficult, but I'm just using my Wolvy/Frank team until I get used to it.

Yeah, alot of supers sound off too. But so far it seems nothing gameplay related is messed up

twisteh

The game looks fantastic.

As a new player though I'm totally overwhelmed,am I missing a tutorial or something? Not sure if I missed one in game, just felt I was thrown straight in. Don't even know what the controls are haha

Really want to learn this though it feels great from a brief try.

Kinsei

Banned
The game looks fantastic.

As a new player though I'm totally overwhelmed,am I missing a tutorial or something? Not sure if I missed one in game, just felt I was thrown straight in. Don't even know what the controls are haha

Really want to learn this though it feels great from a brief try.

Here are the default controls

Square: Light attack
Triangle: Medium Attack
Circle: Heavy Attack
X: Launcher
R1: Assist 1 (Hold to change character)
R2: Assist 2 (Hold to change character)
Hit all 4 face buttons at once to activate X-Factor (a comeback mechanic)

Head into training mode to learn a characters special moves.

I'll be on in about an hour if you want to play a few matches.

twisteh

Here are the default controls

Square: Light attack
Triangle: Medium Attack
Circle: Heavy Attack
X: Launcher
R1: Assist 1 (Hold to change character)
R2: Assist 2 (Hold to change character)
Hit all 4 face buttons at once to activate X-Factor (a comeback mechanic)

Head into training mode to learn a characters special moves.

I'll be on in about an hour if you want to play a few matches.

Thanks,that would be good :)

My PSN is UKtwisteh

I assume I should buy a fight stick? If so, what one would you recommend?

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks,that would be good :)

My PSN is UKtwisteh

I assume I should buy a fight stick? If so, what one would you recommend?

Yep. I accepted your friend request last night.

I don;t have a PS4 stick so I have no clue what would be good. I was going to pick one up for the release of the new game later next year.

twisteh

Yep. I accepted your friend request last night.

I don;t have a PS4 stick so I have no clue what would be good. I was going to pick one up for the release of the new game later next year.
Oops sorry, I didn't look at your name :) my bad haha

Top Bottom