• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

Baleoce

Was watching the trailer for Infinite when I noticed a comment asking for Phoenix Wright to make a return, and they posted this video of a comeback in UMvC3 along with it. God damn, never seen this before.

So, I've been playing the UMVC3 Vita version lately and been doing fine with my combos (I run Vergil/Dante/Wesker). Now, with the PS4 version out I gave it a try with my Dualshock 4 (wireless) and I've been having some trouble with my combos. Mainly, it's about buttons coming out late in game.

It could be because I'm rusty on console UMVC3, but I've doing fine on Vita so my timing shouldn't be off. I'm thinking it could be due to some lag present here that isn't on the Vita, mainly the TV lag+Wireless controller lag+input lag in the game. So I plugged in the controller directly to my PS4 and double checked my TV was still in game mode. It got a bit better, but it still feels off. No reports are out yet on the game's input lag (I think), but I'm really curious if anyone else has been experiencing something like this.

Having played the wonky initial USF4 PS4 version Capcom released which came with a horrible input lag, I'm not ruling out this possibility just yet.

5taquitos

So if I blow at fighting games online, is this platinum going to forever be out of my reach? Seems to have a big online focus for a lot of trophies.

So I plugged in the controller directly to my PS4 and double checked my TV was still in game mode. It got a bit better, but it still feels off.

Unless you're using a Pro, plugging your controllers in won't make any difference, as they'll still connect wirelessly. Only the Pro supports a "wired" mode for controllers.

FSLink

Banned
So, I've been playing the UMVC3 Vita version lately and been doing fine with my combos (I run Vergil/Dante/Wesker). Now, with the PS4 version out I gave it a try with my Dualshock 4 (wireless) and I've been having some trouble with my combos. Mainly, it's about buttons coming out late in game.

It could be because I'm rusty on console UMVC3, but I've doing fine on Vita so my timing shouldn't be off. I'm thinking it could be due to some lag present here that isn't on the Vita, mainly the TV lag+Wireless controller lag+input lag in the game. So I plugged in the controller directly to my PS4 and double checked my TV was still in game mode. It got a bit better, but it still feels off. No reports are out yet on the game's input lag (I think), but I'm really curious if anyone else has been experiencing something like this.

Having played the wonky initial USF4 PS4 version Capcom released which came with a horrible input lag, I'm not ruling out this possibility just yet.

I'm still doing really difficult combos on the PS4 version. If there's input lag it's very minimal. It's likely your TV. Game Mode doesn't always magically make a mediocre TV not have input lag.

So if I blow at fighting games online, is this platinum going to forever be out of my reach? Seems to have a big online focus for a lot of trophies.

Unless you're using a Pro, plugging your controllers in won't make any difference, as they'll still connect wirelessly. Only the Pro supports a "wired" mode for controllers.

Looks like only 933 people ever got the Platinum on the PS3 version so good luck. I got it but it took a long time. Might be difficult if the PS4 version doesn't maintain an active online community.

Spinky

I had this game on PS3 and probably spent about six months playing it non-stop.

What's hilarious is that I remained utter garbage that entire time and couldn't decide on a team.

Whether things would be different now or not, I'm tempted to re-buy.

twisteh

As a new player I have to say I love this game. it's just so much fun.

Played 12 games against Kinsei there (somehow managed to win 5 despite mostly frantic button mashing apologies for that :p), and strangely enough the connection was super smooth despite the distance from UK to Canada. Just felt like playing offline.

I need to figure out how to get decent at fighting games. They're so aesthetically pleasing to me but I just button mash and learning combos and being able to execute them is so exhausting to me. Maybe it's just not for me, but I kneejerk bought it yesterday during the hype period so I guess I should at least try.

JeTmAn81

I'd guess it's probably lag from your TV. I play the Vita version all the time and there's much less lag on it than on my DLP setup with the PS3.

Spinky

As a new player I have to say I love this game. it's just so much fun.

Played 12 games against Kinsei there (somehow managed to win 5 despite mostly frantic button mashing apologies for that :p), and strangely enough the connection was super smooth despite the distance from UK to Canada. Just felt like playing offline.

Whoa, seriously?

I could never get a decent game online back in the day, although admittedly I was living in a place with pretty bad internet at the time.

Goddamn I forgot how much fun this game was. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but so much fun.

It's also been hilarious how everyone I've played against obviously knows what they're doing but we're all super fucking rusty. It's coming back though.

playing wired is a big help. adding to the fact that a lot of the lag was removed from the stages makes the netplay a bit better than before. it ain't KI or skullgirls but it's playable. Can't wait for the pc version

Lemstar

I've platted the game three times (PS3, Vita, 360). The online trophies are pretty trivial to boost, if you really don't want to get those out of the way - 10 game winstreak and getting to rank 6 aren't that hard to begin with, but if you really can't do it, you'll still have those out of the way well before you get to 30 hours played online.

On the other hand, even though they didn't update the 100% trial trophy (since there are actually 500 trials in the game with the two DLC characters, you can skip the 20 hardest ones), that's going to take a lot of work.

twisteh

I need to figure out how to get decent at fighting games. They're so aesthetically pleasing to me but I just button mash and learning combos and being able to execute them is so exhausting to me. Maybe it's just not for me, but I kneejerk bought it yesterday during the hype period so I guess I should at least try.
I'll give you a game if you like? My PSN is UKtwisteh

JJShadow

I'll give you a game if you like? My PSN is UKtwisteh

I have sent you a FR, bought the game today and I'd like to play a few matches against newbies into the game like me haha

My PSN is JJShadow77, anyone who wants to play against a noob add me!

noodalls

Pretty sure the standard PS4 supports wired mode, as I have checked the options screen and it is there. The difference is you need the new updated DS4 controllers (CUH-ZCT2).

Incidentally, this weekend I tested the standard DS4 and the new DS4 in wired and wireless mode. The results were the opposite of what I had expected. Has anyone else actually tested the USB mode on these things?

https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805027158900903936
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805027357668962304
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805027629568884736
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805027811882770432
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805027888940531716
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805028492727308288
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805028768850903040
https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/805028971578392576

5taquitos

Pretty sure the standard PS4 supports wired mode, as I have checked the options screen and it is there. The difference is you need the new updated DS4 controllers (CUH-ZCT2).

Oh I see, makes sense that it'd be the controller and not the console.

I love this game. I'm a filthy fighting game casual but i'll always give them a shot.

This game just makes SFV seem even more disappointing IMO.

I haven't braved online yet, my pride is fragile today.

Lady Gaia

The only requirement is it detects which system it's on and the resolution is at least 1080. This already hits those two things. People need to understand this is the only thing required of Pro support.

It's also worth noting that, unlike older games, new games running on Pro will always run at higher clock speeds than on the base PS4. That can lead to more consistent frame rates and better load times even if the developer doesn't do anything to specifically take advantage of the hardware.

JJShadow

Ok, I don't know what the hell I'm doing but I'm having lots of fun haha Had some really nice games before with twisteh, button smashing really wears one out man

Top Bottom