• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

twisteh

Ok, I don't know what the hell I'm doing but I'm having lots of fun haha Had some really nice games before with twisteh, button smashing really wears one out man
Hahah it's so much fun,i somehow managed to pull off this sick combo super move thing involving all my dudes unfortunately have no clue how I did it.

I'm worn out.

Metalmarc

Can confirm, complete button masher here, i'm a rubbish gamer, bought it, totally worth it, had a lot of fun, mashed my way to a few victories on hard setting haha holy crap, i do not know how, except pure smashing, i'm constantly hitting the Triggers too mostly accidently, so my players are doing a constant merry go round

I'm like those old dog on the computer memes, "I dont know what i'm doing but still had a Hell of a Lot of fun"

Now i had to stop for bed as i'm up for work at 6am, damn.

twisteh

Can confirm, complete button masher here, i'm a rubbish gamer, bought it, totally worth it, had a lot of fun, mashed my way to a few victories on hard setting haha holy crap, i do not know how, except pure smashing, i'm constantly hitting the Triggers too mostly accidently, so my players are doing a constant merry go round

I'm like those old dog on the computer memes, "I dont know what i'm doing but still had a Hell of a Lot of fun"

Now i had to stop for bed as i'm up for work at 6am, damn.

Add me tomorrow and we can see who can bash the fastest haha

Hahah it's so much fun,i somehow managed to pull off this sick combo super move thing involving all my dudes unfortunately have no clue how I did it.

I'm worn out.

That'd be a crossover combination which you use by pressing both assist buttons (it's mapped to L2 as default).
It costs 3 bars of meter to use, and is generally the worst use for it. Some teams can get some mileage out of it, but for the most part you should save it for other uses.

I have a question about teams. Since Vanilla, I always enjoyed playing She-Hulk and Haggar, but could never decide on a 3rd team mate for them out of Hsien-Ko, Tron, and Jill,, and what the best order and assists for them would be. I started with Hsien-Ko but realised she wasn't too good, then Tron's assist got nerfed, and then I played with Jill before trying out the UMvC newcomers.

Greenymac

So, had this game on ps3,but sold my ps3 a couple maybe 3 years ago. I played on pad and couldnt afford a stick at the time. Now, I have a stick, so Im trying to remember the game and learn it on stick. I was terribly mediocre on pad, maybe stick will help a little. Only played about ab hour so far and that was just to figure out where I want my buttons.
PSN name same as GAF if anyone wants to spar anytime.

twisteh

Haha! it's quite the tiring game. I'm used to mkx and sfv, this is insane

Was the connection ok? felt great for me

Sorry forgot to reply to this, yeah the connection was super smooth.

Played against 3 or 4 different people from GAF and the connection has been fantastic everytime. Dunno if y'all are wired and have a good connection like me, or we have just been lucky as after the horror stories regarding the netcode I'm amazed to have played 30-40 games with no issue!

JJShadow

Add me too, Metal.

I'm new also.

So, had this game on ps3,but sold my ps3 a couple maybe 3 years ago. I played on pad and couldnt afford a stick at the time. Now, I have a stick, so Im trying to remember the game and learn it on stick. I was terribly mediocre on pad, maybe stick will help a little. Only played about ab hour so far and that was just to figure out where I want my buttons.
PSN name same as GAF if anyone wants to spar anytime.

Added you both guys, I'm done for today but hope to play with any of you tomorrow

Metalmarc, add me too > JJShadow77

Sorry forgot to reply to this, yeah the connection was super smooth.

Played against 3 or 4 different people from GAF and the connection has been fantastic everytime. Dunno if y'all are wired and have a good connection like me, or we have just been lucky as after the horror stories regarding the netcode I'm amazed to have played 30-40 games with no issue!

I'm using wireless and it was pretty smooth for me as well, although we both are based on the UK, so that definitely helps

Will test tomorrow with randoms

I had this game on PS3 and probably spent about six months playing it non-stop.

What's hilarious is that I remained utter garbage that entire time and couldn't decide on a team.

Whether things would be different now or not, I'm tempted to re-buy.

This is me. I love fighting games but I'm trash with MvC3. I miss OG MvC1 which is still my fave Vs title.

smurfx

get some go again
Goddamn I forgot how much fun this game was. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but so much fun.

It's also been hilarious how everyone I've played against obviously knows what they're doing but we're all super fucking rusty. It's coming back though.
you were ps3 only right? add me. smurfxzilla

who else was ps3 only and good? add me too!

If anyone wants to add me my PSN is SgtWiggles. I played the originals a lot but that was so long ago I'm basically brand new again lol.

I love casual/lobby matches

FluxWaveZ

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many people playing this online. Ah well, pretty much bought this just to prep for MvC Infinite anyways.

DJwest

Any word on a retail release? Also, what happened when MvC2 was delisted? Was the game removed from libraries?

Justinh

Any word on a retail release? Also, what happened when MvC2 was delisted? Was the game removed from libraries?

On Xbox 360 at least, you could redownload it from going through your purchase/download history. Same with UMvC3. I haven't done it in a while though. (edit: I still see the option to add to my download queue, but I don't feel like deleting the games and checking)

I didn't buy them on PSN though, so I'm not sure about that side.

EmiPrime

On Xbox 360 at least, you could redownload it from going through your purchase/download history. Same with UMvC3. I haven't done it in a while though. (edit: I still see the option to add to my download queue, but I don't feel like deleting the games and checking)

I didn't buy them on PSN though, so I'm not sure about that side.

Same story with PSN.

Pachimari

Are there any good tutorial videos our there? Maybe for basics for us new players? And maybe character tutorials as well? I would like to main Iron Fist.

If anyone wants to add me my PSN is SgtWiggles. I played the originals a lot but that was so long ago I'm basically brand new again lol.

Are you US or EU?

Slaythe

So my online experience so far.
I'm in EU.

My own country has been UNPLAYABLE. And im not picky.

From input lag to underwater stuttery garbage.

Fights vs the USA.

Absolutely tolerable lag. Not ideal but decent and playable.

So I don't get it.

I'm wired , have a pro connection meant for gaming with very low ping , fiber with 1gb .

So either the USA knows this game demands wired and it's why it's decent, and my country is playing on wifi or something , or they're using server based netcode ?!

I don't get it.

MoxManiac

Oh god this game is hellish on 'Very Hard' mode!

What are some good attacks to spam against the CPU?

CPU likes to attack into Hulk's s.HP over and over.

But yeah, the AI is dreadful. It's not fun at all, it just stands there and waits for you to press a button, then destroys you.

How do I learn that game? Where do I go?
Google the Shoryuken wiki. It's probably the best way to start and learn about the game and how it works.

You could also do this:

Search for tutorials on UMvC3 on YouTube. There are a lot and most of them are very helpful.

Once you know the game, look up combo tutorials for the characters you want to play. Train them in training mode over and over.

Then change the characters you WANT to play with for the characters you SHOULD play with because the characters you WANT don't have a good synergy regarding assist combos and attacks.

Then learn those new characters all over again.

Then win every game by cheesing the hell out of Doctor Doom and Sentinel because those are the only characters you will ever play from now on.

Your brain dictionary will slowly fade away until you can only talk in different pronunciations of the word "foot dive". Then darkness will fall and you shall be the last to go because God wants to see you suffer but he needs sacrifices and you shall be the most capable of giving them to Him. He will never let you into heaven though for you have sinned.
Never should you have taken Doctor Doom and Sentinel as your characters but you couldn't help it. You wanted to win in UMVC3. There was no other way. But He refuses to listen, giving you instead eternal life on a now lifeless earth. He takes away all your senses and leaves you with only a nose to breath with. You have no eyes. You have no ears. You have no mouth. And you must scream.
This is your true fate.

Oh god this game is hellish on 'Very Hard' mode!

What are some good attacks to spam against the CPU?

Hmm if I remember right when I played CPU on Very Hard I typically used Sentinel, for whatever reason the CPU rarely blocked his crouching heavy kick into a combo. Though this of course requires you to know a bit about the game to do a combo obviously. But if you got that you should be fine.

Usually paired my other two with Sentinel to make it easy to get their ending lol. My go to's were Sentinel, Taskemaster, -whoever-

By the way if any vets want to play some matches add me. I didn't have a GAF account when the game was in its heyday.

PSN is Team_Alucard

B00TE

Starting to remember how to play Dante and Dr. Doom, actually able to pull off longer combos again and it feels so great to pull them off still.

Anyone else getting mostly 1-bar matches in this?
It seems like the network quality bars are either now inaccurate, wildly inconsistent (which they've always been) or something's actually wrong.

I've had some matches I would call "playable" but none that I would call "good online marvel" (which is already a low bar) after 100's of hours of the 360/PS3 version.

Having alot of fun with this. Was never really good at it even though I had it on PS3, lol. But I'm always up for fun casual matches with mashing xD

Added a couple of you guys. Add me if y'all want: onyxtour

Dante83

Banned
I don't see it on psn asia store as well. They should be more consistent in the announcement...

Also, why does every marvel port released since the ps2 era seem to have some weird sound changes or issues? Don't these guys test it properly before releasing?

MrMephistoX

Add me too! MrMephistoX team Made in China will rise again! (Chun-Li, Hsien-Ko, Sentinel)

Azerare

Bought it, have never really been one to learn combos but still fun. Gotta watch videos for once to actually grasp it all.
The visuals and soundtrack is still fantastic.

Top Bottom