• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

D-Man

Been playing this a lot since yesterday and I'm glad that this port is solid. Only thing that bothers me is that I hear zombie noises when I do Frank's normals and I really hope they fix that.

Gotta make my way up the ranks once again as a Phoenix Wright main.

Picked it up on impulse, way ut of practice and I was never that good in the first place. I do have a question. I got a TE Madcatz 360 stick when SF4 came out, and I'd love to use it on the PS4, any good adapters that will let me do that? I need a stick for this game.

Grimsen

Man, I completely forgot how to play this game.

I'm gonna try to learn characters that I never picked back when this came out, like Strange, but it's gonna take me awhile to get a grip on him.

CD'S BAR

Game looks and plays a lot better than I remember, but jesus the air combos are such bullshit.

Were the character alts only in Ultimate or DLC or something? I don't remember them. Had no idea Zero alt was Mega Man.

Neoxon

Game looks and plays a lot better than I remember, but jesus the air combos are such bullshit.

Were the character alts only in Ultimate or DLC or something? I don't remember them. Had no idea Zero alt was Mega Man.
Most of the alts are UMvC3-exclusive. I know Iron Man, Cap, Ryu, & a few others had their alts in Vanilla MvC3.

IbukiLordSA

Is there a way to show the input commands in mission mode instead of the names of the attacks? Names don't help me and I am continuously pausing to see what inputs I am suppose to be using. Can't find this anywhere.

myco666

Man I have no idea how you are supposed to play this game. Feels super hectic.

I love this game. I'm a filthy fighting game casual but i'll always give them a shot.

This game just makes SFV seem even more disappointing IMO.

I haven't braved online yet, my pride is fragile today.

Wait. This game only has arcade mode and mission mode for SP content right? Like that is way less than what SFV currently has.

SmokeMaxX

Man I have no idea how you are supposed to play this game. Feels super hectic.

Wait. This game only has arcade mode and mission mode for SP content right? Like that is way less than what SFV currently has.

Heroes and Heralds right? Or is that multiplayer only? I forget.

Any hopes for a disc version , my problem with getting this digital is that one day the lincense will expire and wont be available
For purchase or download.

lupinko

Any hopes for a disc version , my problem with getting this digital is that one day the lincense will expire and wont be available

Well with your logic one day the license would expire for the DLC for PS3 360 Vita, making Jill and Shuma unselectable forever.

People who bought that dlc can still use them regardless of delisting.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

If you buy it digital you'll always be able to download it, even if Capcom doesn't renew their Marvel license.

DJwest

Well with your logic one day the license would expire for the DLC for PS3 360 Vita, making Jill and Shuma unselectable forever.

What if they change consoles or the content is not installed? Is it possible to redownload delisted content via purchase history?

You serious ,like trough some P.T, type of ftp trickery?

I had no idea the Magneto DLC even existed. Speaking as a Spaniard, its loss is a tragedy.

On the other hand - Hey, it's mahvel on PS4! Probably getting it soon. I never played UMVC3, but I'll be honest: I almost don't want to buy it because I want MvC:I to blow me away and I feel like playing a lot of UMVC3 will diminish the impact.

black070

How's this for a fighting noob ? I picked up Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear Xrd on the PS4 and enjoyed the latter a lot more then the former, but as a huge fan of Marvel, I'd love to be able to get into it.

What if they change consoles or the content is not installed? Is it possible to redownload delisted content via purchase history?

In most cases, including this one, yes. There are very few digital games that were completely nuked during delisting. Though Magneto DLC sorta qualifies.

Dante83

Banned
OK, now I am kind of glad that my region does not have it yet. That vid on input lag saved my purchase. It seems that these ports have issues when you convert. Every marvel game on sony's system has some sort of issue. Screw this...

sephi22

OK, now I am kind of glad that my region does not have it yet. That vid on input lag saved my purchase. It seems that these ports have issues when you convert. Every marvel game on sony's system has some sort of issue. Screw this...
If you're referring to my video, it's not input lag. The duration of super flashes is 4 frames slower on ps4, but apparently its the same as in the ps3, and vita versions. I guess it does sound like input lag if you played the 360 version.

I've only ever played the ps3 version so for me its an upgrade through and through (besides the sound issues)

EmiPrime

MVC3 never had an arcade version so I don't see this as a big concern. It can't be called inaccurate just because the super flash is a few frames slower than on 360 especially if it's consistent with the PS3 and Vita versions.

Playing this with DS4 is making me pull my hair. Why you do this Capcom :|

I prefer stick by a large margin but I can play on pad if necessary. I could play at a decent level with the Madcatz Fight pad and PDP afterglow controller on 360. But good lord the DS4 is the worst controller I've ever tried to play with a fighter. The D-pad is unbelievably stiff and jumbles my motions up horribly. If they don't mention anything about legacy support in the next week (which they probably won't) I'm probably going to have to tap out until the PC release.

Doing mission mode I remember being able to hit select and just quick restart on 360. Can't figure out the button for that here. Constantly pausing and selecting restart from the pause menu sucks. :(

lupinko

MVC3 never had an arcade version so I don't see this as a big concern. It can't be called inaccurate just because the super flash is a few frames slower than on 360 especially if it's consistent with the PS3 and Vita versions.

That's true, but the 360 version became the defacto version.

Although from early play, the PS4 doesn't drop frames compared to last gen.

Doing mission mode I remember being able to hit select and just quick restart on 360. Can't figure out the button for that here. Constantly pausing and selecting restart from the pause menu sucks. :(

In training mode the reset is touchpad+start, since touchpad replaced select, so try that.

EmiPrime

That's true, but the 360 version became the defacto version.

Although from early play, the PS4 doesn't drop frames compared to last gen.

That's the key takeaway. People will be able to land combos that they weren't able to before even on 360, without worrying about how many assists are out and without having to worry about the stage pick so over-dramatic reactions like this:

aren't warranted at all!

lupinko

And I don't see how the Xbone version would be any different considering they're almost the same console (and the PS4 is more powerful). Any updates made to Xbone and PC due to the late release would probably arrive as a patch to PS4.

Anyway I asked Clockw0rk on Twitter what his two cents were on this issue.

thelastword

Banned
My goodness, were you just waiting for one of those videos to pop up, the game is a rock solid 60fps. This doesn't look like a major issue at all, if it affects pro players, I'm sure it will be patched.

I forget, does Taskmaster's vertical arrow assist work as an OTG?
I've always used parabolic as his assist, but I was wondering if Trish gets any decent OTG combos, or if she benefits more from parabolic.

myco666

Ok so what is a good guide for noobs? The ones in OP? I've been doing trials on some characters so I start to understand how you are probably supposed to do combos here (l >m >h >s >jump >m >m >h > special move > super if meter seems to be pretty much universal thing) but I have no idea what do in a match.

EmiPrime

My goodness, were you just waiting for one of those videos to pop up, the game is a rock solid 60fps. This doesn't look liek a makor issue at all, if it affects pro players, I'm sure it will be patched.

I don't think it's necessary really. People don't rely 100% on muscle memory, what would throw off a macro's timing probably won't throw off an adaptable human player.

twisteh

Had most fun I've had in ages gaming wise on this playing you lot for hours last night.

Those last games we had were so close Kinsei, tense stuff haha.

I'll be tonight at some point if anyone fancies a game or 10 :)

Top Bottom