• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

Neoxon

Dam, if they didn't keep that a secret for a few more days longer, I might of gotten that. At least the digital is cheaper this time around.
True, but a $5 difference is irrelevant for me. I just prefer to have the physical copy of a game whenever possible.

notworksafe

Watch this is just gonna be the MVC2 physical copy all over again. A box with a download code in it. Wasn't that Gamestop exclusive as well?

If I recall, mashing after Beserker Barrage H gives some extra hits, which gives you a little more time to cancel into the Super version.

Yeah mashing H with that move pops them up a bit allowing for you to cancel into the super easier

That combo isn't really optional or anything, so you shouldn't be trying to use it in an actual match. It's just the most simple combo I could think of that features cancels, as well as going into more advanced things like using OTG attacks to extend combos.

But yeah, you're probably performing it a bit too slow. Or like 2n2 said, you have to mash H to extend the animation of the first move to allow your cancelled super to connect.

Sweet thanks! I mostly just want to get used to those mechanics, hopefully once I get that down I can keep moving forward learning the rest of the mechanics involved.

DedValve

Banned
I just want Mahvel 2. Maybe the first one since I never played that one.

I want all of Capcom fighters up on PS4, I'd buy them all.

Watch this is just gonna be the MVC2 physical copy all over again. A box with a download code in it. Wasn't that Gamestop exclusive as well?

Yeah, but considering their re-master/porting track record this gen, I'm inclined to believe it's going to be on disc. It's probably GS exclusive because it'll more than likely be a small print run.

Olengie

i really wanted a physical version of MVC2 and MVC Origins. just like what Darkstalkerd Resurrection. <|3

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
i really wanted a physical version of MVC2 and MVC Origins. just like what Darkstalkerd Resurrection. <|3

Yeah I wonder why they aren't trotting these out as at least downloads. I'm sure they have the clearance now. It would be pretty funny to have MVC2 come as a standalone disc again.

Raitaro

Might as well add SFIII 3rd Strike and JoJo as well at that point, the former especially ;-)

But yeah, it's a shame if these ports stay stuck on last gen hardware considering they are sort of evergreen titles that people want to return to once in a while, especially when new games in the same series get released (or is that just me?).

Back on-topic: any word on Europe getting a physcial release?

twisteh

Ive introduced this game to friends who haven't played fighting games since Tekken on the PS1 and they love it. It's a great game to chill with a few beers and have fun on.

Kaibutsu

I hope the Gamestop retail box actually has a disk in it, and not just a code.

This, I bought the "physical" version of MvC2 from Gamestop when they had it as an exclusive and it was a code in an empty box :p Also why aren't people believing the March date again?

Sweet thanks! I mostly just want to get used to those mechanics, hopefully once I get that down I can keep moving forward learning the rest of the mechanics involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcNiYCd8xro

Here's a video of that Iron Fist combo I mentioned. The inputs should be as clean as they can be, so you can check those to see how quick the inputs need to be.
With a lot of supers, including Iron Fist's that I use there, and Wolverine's Berserker Barrage X, you can mash attack buttons to increase the number of hits (and for grapple ones you can spin the stick). So for that berserker barrage H into berserker barrage x, you can do qcf.H (you can mash this but you can cancel from it without mashing), then cancel into the super and mash again.

naib

Ive introduced this game to friends who haven't played fighting games since Tekken on the PS1 and they love it. It's a great game to chill with a few beers and have fun on.
It's great for kiddos as well. Doesn't take a whole lot for a light show. they don't even know what they're doing and enjoying it.

Galafar

Neo Member
I never played the original but I've always been interested. $25 with all of the dlc and a refreshed online is a steal.

grimmiq

For anyone waiting for the AU PSN version to go up..

A Capcom representative has told Stevivor that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 has yet to be released in Australia as the title is awaiting classification.

The digital-only game, available on PS4 in other regions since 4 December, won&#8217;t be up for purchase until reviewed by the Australian Classification Board.

The Capcom rep was unable to provide a timeframe for classification here in the country, though we&#8217;ll keep you posted as we learn more.

The news comes as US-based retailer GameStop has announced it will sell physical copies of the game on both Xbox One and PS4 in March 2017.

Negaduck

So I'm thinking of picking this up, I've talked a lot of shit. Hell I might be one of the most anti playing this game of anyone I know.

But the Marvel hype is getting me. $30 is low enough for me to not feel bad about picking it up.

Thinking of using Cap/___/Akuma. Not sure who to put second.

HardRojo

So I'm thinking of picking this up, I've talked a lot of shit. Hell I might be one of the most anti playing this game of anyone I know.

But the Marvel hype is getting me. $30 is low enough for me to not feel bad about picking it up.

Thinking of using Cap/___/Akuma. Not sure who to put second.
Doom would make for a good combo extender for Cap and assist.

Have they said anything about it being crossplay with the PS4/X1 for PC?

No, but I seriously doubt it wll happen. From what it seems like, older Marvel games can't have new features added to them when they are re-released, hence no balance patch either.

Error 404

Neo Member
Went online today to play some ranked and lost more than won, some due to lag killing any momentum. ;_; If anyone from here wants to play some casual matches so we can practice combo executions, please let me know!

Yeah you can use missiles and connect 2 supers in one combo. That said doom combos with pretty much any team lol

Also worth noting that Plasma beam makes full screen charging star safe and at certain ranges comboable, which is a really good tool as well. Both beam and Missiles are good for backflip crossups as well, just depends on which timing you'd prefer.

Another good one that I'm personally bias for is Nova in 2nd. Gives you solid unblockables with his overhead assist, gives you easy OTG pickups in the corner, 900k off of a magic series combo and has all of the little things you'd want in a second at high level play as well (flight to get out of incoming mixups, easy TAC infinite).

The three big things I'd look for with Cap on point is an assist that makes charging star safe, gives him easier OTG conversions in the corner, or something fast that gives him a solid left/right with cr.L->backflip+assist call. If your second+anchor give you all three of those then Cap can be a legitimate team carry.

I loved that big red white and blue bastard. The main thing I missed about Marvel was my Cap/Nova/Hawkeye team. Steve was slept on so hard. Countered or went even with a surprising number of top tiers, just never got a chance to show it at a major level.

Already got the digital copy, but I'm still gonna get a physical copy and keep it in my arcade stick just in case I go somewhere and want to play.

I swear I can not find any games with a decent connection. I generally didn't have much trouble on PS3 at all. Does this game not function right while being streamed?

Negaduck

Also worth noting that Plasma beam makes full screen charging star safe and at certain ranges comboable, which is a really good tool as well. Both beam and Missiles are good for backflip crossups as well, just depends on which timing you'd prefer.

Another good one that I'm personally bias for is Nova in 2nd. Gives you solid unblockables with his overhead assist, gives you easy OTG pickups in the corner, 900k off of a magic series combo and has all of the little things you'd want in a second at high level play as well (flight to get out of incoming mixups, easy TAC infinite).

The three big things I'd look for with Cap on point is an assist that makes charging star safe, gives him easier OTG conversions in the corner, or something fast that gives him a solid left/right with cr.L->backflip+assist call. If your second+anchor give you all three of those then Cap can be a legitimate team carry.

I loved that big red white and blue bastard. The main thing I missed about Marvel was my Cap/Nova/Hawkeye team. Steve was slept on so hard. Countered or went even with a surprising number of top tiers, just never got a chance to show it at a major level.

Thanks for all the help guys. When I did take marvel serious I used Spencer Dante doom, but I mainly used them more because they were the characters I liked that were higher tier and less who I wanted.

Thinking back I always loved cap and as a Mvc2 head a stupid assist in the back is what I need I think.

Can you scoop people with shield toss off of Akuma assist?

Maybe Cap/doom/Akuma could work.

Thanks for all the help guys. When I did take marvel serious I used Spencer Dante doom, but I mainly used them more because they were the characters I liked that were higher tier and less who I wanted.

Thinking back I always loved cap and as a Mvc2 head a stupid assist in the back is what I need I think.

Can you scoop people with shield toss off of Akuma assist?

Maybe Cap/doom/Akuma could work.

Just tested Cap/Akuma Tatsu. You can convert after l.shield slash->Tatsu OTG in the corner, but the timing is a little wonky since Tatsu bounces them so high, and if you take too long the shield will reverse back and mess up your launcher. Definitely shouldn't be a problem once you get it down though. Tatsu also makes Cap plus if called simultaneously alongside M.Charging Star at max distance, and can SOMETIMES be comboed after if you scramble and have time to throw out a st.m or microdash st.l depending on range. Although you can't use H.Charging star as effectively since it outranges Tatsu and is negative on block if called in M.Charging Star range, that still gives you a good, safe projectile/assist callout from mid-screen. Doom gets a lot out of Tatsu too with his tridash pressure, so that trio feeds off of each other really well, and gets high damage for little execution. I would recommend missiles if you go that route since Akuma covers you horizontally and Cap's biggest weakness is dealing with superjump height keepaway/zoning.

Edit: Tatsu also works very well in tandem with backflip since you have ample time to confirm and it's also positive on block if they guess right. These two are actually kind of dumb together. >_>

Negaduck

Just tested Cap/Akuma Tatsu. You can convert after l.shield slash->Tatsu OTG in the corner, but the timing is a little wonky since Tatsu bounces them so high, and if you take too long the shield will reverse back and mess up your launcher. Definitely shouldn't be a problem once you get it down though. Tatsu also makes Cap plus if called simultaneously alongside M.Charging Star at max distance, and can SOMETIMES be comboed after if you scramble and have time to throw out a st.m or microdash st.l depending on range. Although you can't use H.Charging star as effectively since it outranges Tatsu and is negative on block if called in M.Charging Star range, that still gives you a good, safe projectile/assist callout from mid-screen. Doom gets a lot out of Tatsu too with his tridash pressure, so that trio feeds off of each other really well, and gets high damage for little execution. I would recommend missiles if you go that route since Akuma covers you horizontally and Cap's biggest weakness is dealing with superjump height keepaway/zoning.

Edit: Tatsu also works very well in tandem with backflip since you have ample time to confirm and it's also positive on block if they guess right. These two are actually kind of dumb together. >_>

Appreciate the science my dude.

I think I worded my question incorrectly. Are you able to use m. Shield toss after Akuma assist to suck them back into you and combo? (assuming they are away a bit when the assist hits)

Or is the hit stun too high at that point to cause them to fall out?

Appreciate the science my dude.

I think I worded my question incorrectly. Are you able to use m. Shield toss after Akuma assist to suck them back into you and combo? (assuming they are away a bit when the assist hits)

Or is the hit stun too high at that point to cause them to fall out?

If it's a raw Tatsu to start then yeah you can M. Shield Slash after, but it's pretty spacing dependent and not that far so you're going to want to wavedash behind Tatsu to get in the right spot. Really going in behind Tatsu with a wavedash/plinkdash gives you time to confirm anything afterward, M.Shield Slash, H.Shield Slash, st.l mash, st.MM, hell you can j.H->Air Shield Slash if you want. Dunno what the optimal confirm of those would be.

After M.Charging Star + Tatsu, if timed right the last hit of Tatsu will pop them up high enough to where you can either st.MM or microdash st.l mash depending on how far they get popped back.

I can't say for certain what the best option is once the Tatsu hits, but you can play around with it to see what works. M.Shield Slash can reverb them back at the right time/distance though, yeah.

Edit(again): Played around with the OTG->Tatsu in the corner more, and instead of trying to eyeball the launcher you can just go into L.Charging Star afterward and relaunch after that. Way easier and tacks on an extra bit of damage.

Negaduck

If it's a raw Tatsu to start then yeah you can M. Shield Slash after, but it's pretty spacing dependent and not that far so you're going to want to wavedash behind Tatsu to get in the right spot. Really going in behind Tatsu with a wavedash/plinkdash gives you time to confirm anything afterward, M.Shield Slash, H.Shield Slash, st.l mash, st.MM, hell you can j.H->Air Shield Slash if you want. Dunno what the optimal confirm of those would be.

After M.Charging Star + Tatsu, if timed right the last hit of Tatsu will pop them up high enough to where you can either st.MM or microdash st.l mash depending on how far they get popped back.

I can't say for certain what the best option is once the Tatsu hits, but you can play around with it to see what works. M.Shield Slash can reverb them back at the right time/distance though, yeah.

Edit(again): Played around with the OTG->Tatsu in the corner more, and instead of trying to eyeball the launcher you can just go into L.Charging Star afterward and relaunch after that. Way easier and tacks on an extra bit of damage.

Dope man, appreciate you hitting the lab for me. I'm hype to try out this team when I pick up the game soon

Dope man, appreciate you hitting the lab for me. I'm hype to try out this team when I pick up the game soon

Yeah, no problem man. Cap is one of like two characters over all of the fighting games I've played that I feel comfortable talking about with any authority lol. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Top Bottom