• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

This is probably an extremely basic question to most, but what's the best way to close in on someone with Morrigan? I'm having trouble getting used to her gliding when she dashes forward.

Neoxon

I remembered how to do Bold Cancels for Dante, now most of my Dante combos are starting to come back to me.

Marvel

could never
I am just awful at this, but I am having a blast even though I rarely win. Wish more would pick it up, hard to get matches.

Azerare

What are fight sticks are out there for the ps4 that has the GAF seal of approval? The controller is alright but I don't get all my combos out like I would compared to a stick.

I thought i wanted marvel on a current gen system, i was wrong.... spend so much time just "havin a quick game of marvel
for 3 hours
" now.

Rafus

This is probably an extremely basic question to most, but what's the best way to close in on someone with Morrigan? I'm having trouble getting used to her gliding when she dashes forward.
Learn to cancel your fireballs with fly. You can do a ground LP soulfist/cancel with fly, air soulfist/cancel with fly, and then airdash from there and drop to your opponent with the drill kick.
But the key to her is learning when to zone, and when to rush in. First you have to zone your foe and frustate him/her, so he makes mistakes and makes himself easier to open.
Also get a good zoning assist for extra cover.

myco666

Mission mode is giving me headache lol. Really having trouble with down, down, attack moves (such as She-Hulks Running Start). Always get the attack button instead of the special/super.

What are fight sticks are out there for the ps4 that has the GAF seal of approval? The controller is alright but I don't get all my combos out like I would compared to a stick.

Get HRAP4 Kai. Really good stick.

vg260

Get HRAP4 Kai. Really good stick.

One nice thing about that stick's button remap feature is that you can remap the touchpad click to one of the right most buttons, so it makes it much easier to reset in training and mission mode using touch pad+start. I use it a ton in mission mode.

Grimsen

I prefer my TE-S over my HRAP4 Kai.

Sanwas>Hayabusa as far as buttons are concerned, and the angled palm rest just wasn't comfortable for me.

Sigmaah

Okay good to know about madcatz because I saw that sfv one on gamestop lol.

Which are you rocking exactly?

I have a madcatz stick ironically lmao. They're good sticks but I've had bad luck with madcatz sticks so it could just be me tbh.

If ur GameStop has a stick and u don't wanna wait for it in the mail shit I'd go with that

JeTmAn81

Learn to cancel your fireballs with fly. You can do a ground LP soulfist/cancel with fly, air soulfist/cancel with fly, and then airdash from there and drop to your opponent with the drill kick.
But the key to her is learning when to zone, and when to rush in. First you have to zone your foe and frustate him/her, so he makes mistakes and makes himself easier to open.
Also get a good zoning assist for extra cover.

It's very helpful to have an assist like Doom's Missiles out for when you try to close in for rushdown with Morrigan. It's also very common to jump up, throw an M fireball (diagonal downward), cancel it with fly, then airdash forward behind it. The fireball provides you with a bit of protection as you advance. And yeah, you have to play Morrigan for a bit before you get a feel for when you should just hang back and chuck plasma, and when you should rush in for a mixup.

myco666

One nice thing about that stick's button remap feature is that you can remap the touchpad click to one of the right most buttons, so it makes it much easier to reset in training and mission mode using touch pad+start. I use it a ton in mission mode.

I totally forgot this feature. Damn. The options + touchpad was so awkward that I just used the menu for restart. Going to try this next time.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
(Excuse the double post.)

Anyone on the heroes' side of Heroes & Heralds this week want to coordinate some matches either tonight or tomorrow night? I want to see if the unlock glitch for heralds colors still works but I think I need to get at least 200 points first in order for it to be worthwhile and it seems that this mode is already dead.

vg260

(Excuse the double post.)

Anyone on the heroes' side of Heroes & Heralds this week want to coordinate some matches either tonight or tomorrow night? I want to see if the unlock glitch for heralds colors still works but I think I need to get at least 200 points first in order for it to be worthwhile and it seems that this mode is already dead.

Whoa, what's the glitch?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Whoa, what's the glitch?

Well, first, when the weekly H&H campaign ends, you're supposed to receive a number of color unlocks based on how many points you accumulated for the week (assuming that you were on the winning side, of course). I think it was something like: 1 color for 0 to 50 pts, 2 colors for 50 to 100 pts, and so on until you got 200 or more pts, in which case you'd unlock 5 colors for the week. When the next week's campaign rolls around, you're supposed to start anew.

...Except that in the 360/PS3 versions, if you enlisted in the next week's campaign but never actually played in a match for that week the game would just keep reusing your previous week's score for unlocking purposes. So you could unlock 5 colors for 200 pts for one week, then never play H&H again but still unlock 5 colors for each additional week as long as you signed up for one side or the other.

It's the only way I could be bothered to unlock all the colors on the original release.

vg260

Well, first, when the weekly H&H campaign ends, you're supposed to receive a number of color unlocks based on how many points you accumulated for the week (assuming that you were on the winning side, of course). I think it was something like: 1 color for 0 to 50 pts, 2 colors for 50 to 100 pts, and so on until you got 200 or more pts, in which case you'd unlock 5 colors for the week. When the next week's campaign rolls around, you're supposed to start anew.

...Except that in the 360/PS3 versions, if you enlisted in the next week's campaign but never actually played in a match for that week the game would just keep reusing your previous week's score for unlocking purposes. So you could unlock 5 colors for 200 pts for one week, then never play H&H again but still unlock 5 colors for each additional week as long as you signed up for one side or the other.

It's the only way I could be bothered to unlock all the colors on the original release.

So how do you get points? Just by playing head to head?

I'm up for trying it sometime, although tomorrow may not be great.

Ban Puncher

Still not out on Australian PSN.

RgbFc1I.jpg

Any word or chance the Switch gets a port? It dawned on me I may hold off on grabbing the Ps4 version( or the xbox/steam version) if Switch gets a port, just for the portability factor ( and I can retire my Vita version)

@Wreck

Any word or chance the Switch gets a port? It dawned on me I may hold off on grabbing the Ps4 version( or the xbox/steam version) if Switch gets a port, just for the portability factor ( and I can retire my Vita version)

man i love my vita version

man i love my vita version

As do I, but there were a few compromises made like less animated backgrounds in order to get it running smoothly. It's a great version of the game for a handheld, but I'd have to think a Switch version would render it pretty obsolete as far as the de facto 'portable' version of the game.

JimiNutz

Banned
If I'm terrible at fighting games and only play single player is there enough here for me to enjoy?

Game looks pretty frantic and not sure if it'll be too much for me to really enjoy.

nded

If I'm terrible at fighting games and only play single player is there enough here for me to enjoy?

Game looks pretty frantic and not sure if it'll be too much for me to really enjoy.

It's got your standard arcade and trial modes. Heroes and Heralds is also fun if you like to collect cards and mess around with stat modifiers.

vg260

I'd say it's a 50/50 toss up. I hardly played online because I'm so bad, but spent a lot of time doing the trials. Some are really hard, so that may not be your thing. It's more fun to me in single player than Street Fighter because it's so frantic and trying to land combos on a moving target while messing around with different combinations can be entertaining. For the price it may be worth a gamble, especially if you like the characters, and/or want to support the franchise.

Disregard that inv, I'll make a lobby

I apologize in advance for how scrubby I look. At times. My execution is completely gone so I tend to panic like a mother when things drop.

yeah i'm gonna back out for now, sorry guys.

Dunno what he heck is going on with my connection. I did a speed test right before and everything looked fine.

Speedtest shows 50 down, 25 up.

But my PS4 shows 765 kb(!) down, 2 mb up.

So I don't know what's going on there. I'm on a wired connection, too.

For what it's worth, I don't think it was just you either. My first 2-3 games with Sigmaah were fine and then they got real messy real quick, and I think that was on my end.

I don't remember the netcode being THIS bad on 360. Maybe it's just rose-tinted glasses. Ah well. ggs guys.

lupinko

Go with hori or qanba.

FUCK MADCATZ

I don't understand this considering that all madcatz did was make a box with a pcb. They are not responsible for the actual lever or buttons for their high quality stuff.

I would not go with Hori anymore since they think they can compete with Sanwa or Seimitsu (they can't, hayabusas can't match the JLF or LS-32).

Qanba still sources parts from coinop companies like Madcatz but I did see that they are trying to go the Hori route.

myco666

I don't understand this considering that all madcatz did was make a box with a pcb. They are not responsible for the actual lever or buttons for their high quality stuff.

I would not go with Hori anymore since they think they can compete with Sanwa or Seimitsu (they can't, hayabusas can't match the JLF or LS-32).

Qanba still sources parts from coinop companies like Madcatz but I did see that they are trying to go the Hori route.

There has been lots of people who have problems with the PCB and overall build quality with TE2+ though.

Also Hayabusa parts are great. They are different from Sanwas but definitely not worse.

grimmiq

Figured I'd post this regarding the AU release, someone from another foum said they spoke with a classification board rep..

I made a topic about this already but I already spoke to the Australian classification board a rep Called me after I filled out there online enquiry form about the game

they have not received a application from the publisher they can choose where they want to release the game they have a choice of 5 days - 20 days the shorter the time frame the more money it costs the publisher, so no application no rating/classification no release that's how it goes the rep was kind enough to explain it all to me

Looks like anyone waiting for the PS4 version should either make a US/EU account and buy there, or wait til march and MAYBE they'll bother to put in a classification application when it releases on PC/XB1 everywhere else.

The Giant

Banned
Figured I'd post this regarding the AU release, someone from another foum said they spoke with a classification board rep..

Looks like anyone waiting for the PS4 version should either make a US/EU account and buy there, or wait til march and MAYBE they'll bother to put in a classification application when it releases on PC/XB1 everywhere else.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Top Bottom