• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate NES Remix announced for the Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

So it's basically an inferior version of the retail release coming to Wii U...?

But at a higher price, right? It's confusing. There has to be more to this release than meets the eye.

It does mention leaderboards, which NES Remix lacks. The Nintendo World Championship one barely counts.

Piers

Good, but need SNES Remix, please!

If this is brought up in an interview, I'm anticipating a silly answer like the SNES controller having too many buttons for a Remix to be "accessible" - and the limitations of 8-bit having more nostalgic charm.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Balloon Fight
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Metroid
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Not too bad, all said.

Busaiku

I never got either NES Remix, and even though this might be a more sparse release, I'm leaning towards this over the retail Wii U game for portability.
What are all the games in both NES Remix games, that'll be included in the upcoming retail release?

bon

If you skim up a bit, there's a games page on the official Nintendo site. It's basically a compilation of bits of both games.

That's strange when there's the 1+2 Pack coming out around the same time for around the same price. This can't just be a straight port of the same challenges can it??

@MUWANdo

Banned
I never got either NES Remix, and even though this might be a more sparse release, I'm leaning towards this over the retail Wii U game for portability.
What are all the games in both NES Remix games, that'll be included in the upcoming retail release?

The list I just posted shows thet games that'll be in the 3DS version.

Here are the games that are exclusive to NES Remix 1/2:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Pinball
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wrecking Crew

Ice Hockey
NES Open Tournament Golf
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
Wario's Woods

EDIT: we don't know if the challenges in the 3DS game are new or taken from the Wii U games, either.

maxcriden

FWIW, if this is an incomplete port, you will be missing out on some really enjoyable content from the complete game(s).

That's strange when there's the 1+2 Pack coming out around the same time for around the same price. This can't just be a straight port of the same challenges can it??

The Nintendo.com page really makes it sound like it's not only a port, but an incomplete one at that. I hope I'm mistaken or misunderstanding this, though. If it's new content I will gladly pick it up.

The list I just posted shows thet games that'll be in the 3DS version.

Here are the games that are exclusive to NES Remix 1/2:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Pinball
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wrecking Crew

Ice Hockey
NES Open Tournament Golf
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
Wario's Woods

EDIT: we don't know if the challenges in the 3DS game are new or taken from the Wii U games, either.

The above NES Remix 1 games in particular really represent a significant chunk of that game. As I mentioned above, the official page really makes this sound like a straight port with some cut content, but I'd love to be wrong.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
New mode revealed: Speed Mario Bros. It's SMB but much faster.

......now when will we get Speed Luigi Bros.?

Robin64

Speed Mario Bros. isn't really enough for me to warrant this price, I'm afraid.

Nor at the leaderboards which should just be patched into the U ones.

tanooki27

a remix of a remix? ok.

I wouldn't be surprised to see snes remix soon. the development costs for these games must be relatively low.

Top Bottom