• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers [Switch] Confirmed

Yagami_Sama

60M7vo.gif

Not sure what this was supposed to mean.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Don't get me wrong, I am all for a new SF2. I just want speed options cause it looks slow af lol. And give me vanilla ST so I can switch between the two.

Fairly sure this game isn't going to be ST at all. It's Capcom's 30th SF Anniversary answer to SF2, being the game after Super Turbo. The HDRemix coat of 'polish' is just to suffice the modern generation, and some people do like the way it looks.

SF2-SF2HF-SSF2-SSF2T-SSF2THDR, now USF2 makes sense considering the anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised if they did similar things for Alpha/SF3. In fact, that would be awesome.

The Hermit

Fairly sure this game isn't going to be ST at all. It's Capcom's 30th SF Anniversary answer to SF2, being the game after Super Turbo. The HDRemix coat of 'polish' is just to suffice the modern generation, and some people do like the way it looks.

SF2-SF2HF-SSF2-SSF2T-SSF2THDR, now USF2 makes sense considering the anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised if they did similar things for Alpha/SF3. In fact, that would be awesome.

did you saw the tech throw in the treehouse demo?

This is a new SFII indeed

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
BTW, the artist fucked up the F-16 jet fighter in Guile's stage in Turbo HD Remix.

wFUrCBG.jpg

The F-16 should have a single, rounded 'half circle' air intake, as with every other version of Street Fighter II, not two rectangle intakes.

DXpiubJ.jpg

How about we talk about everyone having double arms in this screen shot

liquidtmd

Banned

They won't port SF3, that would require more than minimum effort

Cepheus

I wouldn't be surprised if they did similar things for Alpha/SF3. In fact, that would be awesome.

It would be, but I imagine a remaster of SF3 would take a lot of work. Probably no new characters because of how intricate the animations are and they'd probably just make Chun-Li not broken and Sean not awful. Best not to mess with the 3S balancing anyway because the 3S FGC would flip, including me. They were considering messing with the balancing in Third Strike Online but ultimately didn't for that reason. But if they did add new characters then I'd probably get it straight away.

Alpha is much less featured in the FGC so it would be safer to mess with that game. Less animation frames too which means they could add new characters easily.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It would be, but I imagine a remaster of SF3 would take a lot of work. Probably no new characters because of how intricate the animations are and they'd probably just make Chun-Li not broken and Sean not awful. Best not to mess with the 3S balancing anyway because the 3S FGC would flip, including me. They were considering messing with the balancing in Third Strike Online but ultimately didn't for that reason. But if they did add new characters then I'd probably get it straight away.

That's ridiculous. You can always go back and play older versions of the game or they could just include the original, unbalanced version in an updated re-release.

That would be crazy awesome. I just hope that if they do do something like that, it isn't exclusive to Switch.

radcliff

Based on the trailer, it seems old school voices when playing in classic mode. If they confirm original music in classic mode, this will be back on my "Buy" list.

Cepheus

That's ridiculous. You can always go back and play older versions of the game or they could just include the original, unbalanced version in an updated re-release.

I was exaggerating, but yeah, I could. I'd still instabuy anything SF3-related regardless of balance changes.

MrMephistoX

587728706e6f7a6fdad806bb0e4c8a73.jpg

They mention being able to switch to pixel mode and this screenshot seems like they learned their lesson and will allow you to change gen backdrop to original as well. That was my biggest beef with HDR pixels on high res back drops.

Xion86

Capcom guy today was saying about the new Buddy Mode if it hasn't been mentioned already, and will have other additional new features. No new characters than the two we know of though.

JayEH

So it looks like if you play with the hd graphics you get the SFIV voices and pixel mode still has the original voices.

I love Capcom but don't be a sucker!

That's me. I'm sorry.

Let me get it out of the way, as Switch exclusive, it's eh, sure. It's a bit of a troll. REMake2 would've been a damn fine show if they wanted to do anything.

But, the more I've thought about this and the little bits of info we're getting, the more I'm actually really looking forward to it. Sure, it's a rom hack. An official one though. It's an actual new SFII like Super and Turbo were before it (Rainbow easily influencing some decision choices later). Most gamers have probably spent more money on SFII than they'd like, I get that and agree. But a new SFII? I'm strangely fine with it. New characters, even if cheap hacks? I'm...ok! I'd be okay if they decided to use Cammy's sprite and make another doll! SFII/SuperTurbo is one of my favourite games of all time. I'm not competitive at all and I suck at SFII really but I love it. The momentary annoyance IF USFII sucks is meh, whatever. Regular ST still exist and can't change that (and you don't need to buy this guys, noone is forcing you!)

That all said, the best scenario for this would be to include an arcade perfect port of ST as a separate included mode. No extra, no fluff, no tweaks! Pure arcade perfect. It needs to be a thing for sure. And then UltraSFII as the separate all new SFII however they want to take it. Flipping between the two should be a thing at this point in time. It gives us a 100% true classic and a new version that could well become a classic in its own right.

So taking it away from it being a Switch announce and just a new SFII announce, I'm very excited by it with or without a perfect ST mode, truthfully. It aint gonna be Switch exclusive, especially if it's a good update!

EmiPrime

That's me. I'm sorry.

Let me get it out of the way, as Switch exclusive, it's eh, sure. It's a bit of a troll. REMake2 would've been a damn fine show if they wanted to do anything.

But, the more I've thought about this and the little bits of info we're getting, the more I'm actually really looking forward to it. Sure, it's a rom hack. An official one though. It's an actual new SFII like Super and Turbo were before it (Rainbow easily influencing some decision choices later). Most gamers have probably spent more money on SFII than they'd like, I get that and agree. But a new SFII? I'm strangely fine with it. New characters, even if cheap hacks? I'm...ok! I'd be okay if they decided to use Cammy's sprite and make another doll! SFII/SuperTurbo is one of my favourite games of all time. I'm not competitive at all and I suck at SFII really but I love it. The momentary annoyance IF USFII sucks is meh, whatever. Regular ST still exist and can't change that (and you don't need to buy this guys, noone is forcing you!)

That all said, the best scenario for this would be to include an arcade perfect port of ST as a separate included mode. No extra, no fluff, no tweaks! Pure arcade perfect. It needs to be a thing for sure. And then UltraSFII as the separate all new SFII however they want to take it. Flipping between the two should be a thing at this point in time. It gives us a 100% true classic and a new version that could well become a classic in its own right.

So taking it away from it being a Switch announce and just a new SFII announce, I'm very excited by it with or without a perfect ST mode, truthfully. It aint gonna be Switch exclusive, especially if it's a good update!

I'm with you. As long as it's on PS4 also, where the online won't be dead a week after launch and where most fighting game fans have invested in peripherals already, I think it has some serious potential.

I don't think it will have a ST port included however (as much as I'd like one) as that will divide the player base.

It's kind of jarring to hear SFIV voice samples coming from SFII. What happens if you play as Evil Ryu in the classic graphics/sounds mode? Did they record any new samples for Violent Ken at all?

FinKL

Capcom guy today was saying about the new Buddy Mode if it hasn't been mentioned already, and will have other additional new features. No new characters than the two we know of though.

I can see them definitely adding a few more clones (Decapre, Oni etc.)

L Thammy

Also wasn't there some first person mode in that SF4 3DS port? I don't own the game but I vaguely remember something like that there.

You're thinking of this:
19bube6.jpg

Somehow I don't think the thing in the trailer is just Ultra Street Fighter II with a camera angle change though.

Top Bottom