• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
it's done by other ocean, which is basically backbone/digital eclipse under a different name.

for those who don't know, backbone/digital eclipse are like the worst port studio ever. sub high voltage tier.
Oh god

QLOC did a great job with DmC (once the AF issue was patched). Should have gotten them again.

I understand people are upset and annoyed, but why not wait for patches? Since this version will be used at tournaments, they'll have to fix things. Otherwise, both Sony and Capcom will be hit with tons of backlash.

Because it's crazy that even simple ports are "too dangerous" to buy at launch nowadays. Expecially one marketed as fixing issues with previous (the PS3) versions and being a tournament-standard game.

I mean, hopefully people see this thread and are cautioned not to buy it yet, but some of us bought it within the hour or two that it went up, and oops, we get a bad version. It's just exhausting at this point.

HardRojo

I don't know anything about fighting games, but I'm sure someone who is an expert can explain why Sony need to fix this or kiss SFV goodbye.

Honestly? This will be fixed... but what a mess to release it in.
Nah, SFV is a different story. The urgency for this to be fixed is the fact that Evo is approaching and this was confirmed to be the version played at the tournament. Evo is the largest fighting games tournament of the year.

Anyone have any comparisons between the PC/360 version and the PS4 version? Graphics comparisons to compare that outline people are mentioning, videos to compare that lag, etc.

Duxxy3

Not really. CEO (end of June)is using the PS4 version. Winner at CEO automatically qualifies for Capcom Cup and there is a decent amount of money up for grabs too

I would not expect to see this at CEO. Not as it currently is.

360 version is fine, correct?

xCobalt

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about FGC culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in casual land where you can become successful by being incompetent. If you screw someone over in the FGC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the FGC, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase USF4 and SFV for the PS4, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel USF4 and SFV for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This post is so absurd I can't tell if you're trolling.

Thank god I waited. So the 360 version is still the best then?

technically the ps3 version is the best but 360 is preferred because more people use ethernet cords for that console, which makes for better netplay experiences.

But then again the 360 version has the sound glitch.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The thing is they knew it would be facing this scrutiny, by pros across the globe, and they still released it in this state. It's embarrassing.

BizzyBum

This is a TERRIBLE port.

DO NOT BUY

I mean... I'm sure this stuff will be patched, but as it stands this is the worst version of Ultra, like 10x worse than the PS3.

Here's what I said in the other thread:

This is... not good. At all.

The menu's move around like shit which is mind boggling how you can fuck up menu speed. The actual gameplay feels different, too. To me it just feels... slower. Like I'm playing in slow motion and I still feel a tremendous amount of input lag, IMO.

Played a yellow bar connection to see if it's playable and jesus... fuck no. Guess I'm sticking to green only.

I'm sure things will get patched like menu speed and whatnot but what kills me is that if Capcom wants this as the main platform for future tournaments, why the hell did they outsource the port and not do it themselves?

Moosehole

Shit like that is why certification exists. Sony is equally at fault on that one.
Do people still not understand that Sony / MS cert is not for shit like this? Cert is to make sure all regulations have been followed, and that there aren't security flaws. It's not their responsibility to check dumb shit like this.

EDIT - 10/10

Caith_Sith

Neo Member
CF91hNrW0AAvpSR.jpg:large

Source

AHindD

Shit like that is why certification exists. Sony is equally at fault on that one.

This is what blows me away too, surely Sony would have seen this and put the breaks on... At the very least there should be a standard around not to use the start button prompt anymore.

Capcom I get, they've been checked out for a while now.

Recall

Do people still not understand that Sony / MS cert is not for shit like this? Cert is to make sure all regulations have been followed, and that there aren't security flaws. It's not their responsibility to check dumb shit like this.

MS would fail XBLA games for these types of things and include it in the list of cert fails which the dev has to rectify.

Thought it was my PS4 lagging in the menus/ui. Did a rebuild database just in case and come to find out that everyone is having issues. Also noticed that the player icon/phrase is low-res for me but that can be fixed of course. I tried arcade mode with Akuma and I couldn't do jump + hadoken properly, but maybe it was just my timing.

Are they seriously going to fix all of these issues before EVO in a month and a half? I'm hopeful that they will (serious backlash would happen) but it would suck if they didn't. Man, what a terrible experience out of the box/day one.

Top Bottom