• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

RedAssedApe

Banned
CF91hNrW0AAvpSR.jpg:large

Source

some poor kid is gonna buy this and not know how to get past the attract screens :(

VariantX

I'm wondering did anyone knowledgeable about SF4 get their hands on this port to even be able to talk about its quality beforehand. Maybe I missed it, but

gioGAF

Lol at the people bitching about "Press Start". I really hope all of the supposed issues are ironed out by the time Evo rolls around. I was thinking of buying in the near future, will keep monitoring gaf for impressions/improvements.

red720

Here I was hoping for a surprise turbo mode, I thought a competent port of what is essentially a 7 year old game was the least I could expect.

Kouriozan

Im here for you man.

It's actually Sony's fault as they're the publisher. I have no idea what has been going on over there, it's like they didn't have anyone in the QA building with some knowledge about the SF4 franchise and thought that this port was fine as it is tight now.
Ah, I see, something definitely went wrong.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Ugh, almost bought a PS4 for this...

Will wait for 5.

Given the situation around this, I'm not so confident 5 will be a complete product either. Will definitely wait for the first "Edition" of 5 before plunging. Let everyone else beta test for me. MCC burned me too much.

Given the situation around this, I'm not so confident 5 will be a complete product either. Will definitely wait for the first "Edition" of 5 before plunging. Let everyone else beta test for me. MCC burned me too much.
You mean, you expect a game handled by Capcom proper to release in a similar state to this?

Reminds me of PC Crysis 3 that said press start instead of enter lol
Obviously that means lazy devs.
KIDDING.

lonely

Isn't this an outright certification failure that isn't supposed to pass? lol

Yes absolutely, we've had massive debates about this at work. It has to either say a specific button and just have that or just say one but have all the buttons but Share work. Start of 'Press any button' shouldn't be allowed because in the case of the later if the player pressed Share they wouldn't advance the screen.

RedAssedApe

Banned
what am i looking for that's bad in terms of visuals? haven't played since SSF4. max mentioned something about black outline and people were complaining about AF and AA I guess? i usually look at the floor to pick out low AF...but that doesn't seem to matter much in this game as you're not really looking at the background like you would a 3d game?

Here's a few screenshots captured via the PS4 Share button.

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_2.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_6.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_7.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_9.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_13.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_5.jpg

Ultra_SF4_PS4_Shot_16.jpg

There is a 60mb (or something like that) update that downloaded first for me. But everyone playing online has that applied, so even with a day 1 patch this game is like that. I wonder if deleting the patch would be different (sometimes, some patches ruin things).

I'll actually test it out, and post comparisons if there's any difference.

You had a 60mb file? Odd I didn't, and other than it saying press start I haven't had any of the issues mentioned in my brief go on the game though I only played as Ken in training to test for input lag of any kind

dugdug

Banned
Was this a Gio joint? I like the guy, but, sounds like he needs to step up his port game. Borderlands 2 on Vita should have been a sign.

I've just been playing it on shareplay with my friend while mine downloads and it seemed to run well enough, I had slight input lag as expected but managed to win a couple of fights..

Top Bottom